Hill's Prescription Diet y/d Thyroid Care Original Flavor Dry Cat Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Clinically proven to improve thyroid health in 3 weeks when fed as the sole source of nutrition.
- Decreases T4 hormone production while supporting kidney, heart and urinary health.
- Helps support a healthy body condition and a healthy immune system while also promoting a visible improvement in skin and coat.
- Formulated with S+OXSHIELD to meet specific nutrient standards, shown to promote a urinary environment that helps reduce the risk for struvite and calcium oxalate crystals.
- Offers same great taste and benefits as they did prior to the introduction of the S+OXSHIELD seal.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Glycobalance Thin Slices in Gravy Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24$57.36Chewy Price$54.49Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets DM Dietetic Management Dry Cat Food, 10-lb bag$69.99Chewy Price$66.49Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PR Dry Cat Food, 8.8-lb bag$83.99Chewy Price$79.79Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Glycobalance Dry Cat Food, 4.4-lb bag$36.99Chewy Price$35.14Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Calm Dry Cat Food, 8.8-lb bag$65.99Chewy Price$62.69Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Metabolic Chicken Flavor Dry Cat Food, 17.6-lb bag$97.99Chewy Price$93.09Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Dry Cat Food, 8.5-lb bag$71.99Chewy Price$68.39Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PD Dry Cat Food, 17.6-lb bag$139.99Chewy Price$132.99Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Urinary SO Moderate Calorie Morsels in Gravy Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24$57.36Chewy Price$54.49Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet r/d Weight Reduction Chicken Flavor Dry Cat Food, 17.6-lb bag$90.99Chewy Price$86.44Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Weight Control Dry Cat Food, 7.7-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care with Chicken Dry Cat Food, 8.5-lb bag$57.99Chewy Price$55.09Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Corn Gluten Meal, Pork Fat, Whole Grain Corn...||Chicken, Whole Grain Corn, Corn Gluten Meal...||Brewers Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Meal...||Water, Corn Starch, Egg Product...||Chicken, Cracked Pearled Barley, Corn Gluten Meal...|
|Special Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Weight Control, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Weight Control, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Pork, Meat||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Hormone Support||Urinary Tract Health||Digestive Health, Weight Management||Weight Management||Digestive Health|
|Lifestage||Adult||Adult||Adult||Adult||Adult, Kitten, Senior|
|Food Form||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food|
Questions & Answers
17 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
316 Customer Reviews
He eats it
Our elderly cat dines on this twice a day in lieu of pills (we all know how giving a cat a pill goes). What he doesn't eat at a meal, he nibbles at throughout the day and is a midnight snacker. It stays fresh in the bag and will last a day or two in the bowl if you have a finicky eater. Chewy is the best for ordering it!
We discovered our underweight cat who never stops eating has a hyper thyroid which now requires special food. We have this in a canister where the food drops down so he can eat as much and whenever he wishes. He hasn't gained weight yet, but he likes it so we are hopeful.
y/d Thyroid Care
My vet is having a hard time getting this in so they suggested I purchase the dry and wet y/d food from Chewy. They were delivered on time and in good shape. This is the only food my cat eats because of his thyroid condition. Thanks Chewy!
This food really works!
I'm convinced that this food bought our adult cat over three more wonderful, healthy years with us. She was diagnosed with hyper thyroid around 11 years, after we took her to the vet because she was throwing up her normal Royal Canin (not cheap food either), and had diarhea. We fed her nothing but the Hill's Thyroid Care ever since and did her nightly medicine cream in one ear. After putting her on this food (and the prescribed medicine) her symptoms cleared up almost right away. Her coat got healthier and shinier and she just seemed to be happier in general, more active. She rarely threw up her food anymore and usually it was just because she ate it too fast. She was a pretty picky eater and I was worried she wouldn't like this food, but she never got tired of it. Yes in the beginning the food seemed like an expensive option, but if you love your kitty, its more than worth it, plus it seemed to regulate her diet and she wasn't begging for food as much as with the old stuff.
Efficient Rx Processing
The timeframe from order to Rx Verification and receipt of Rx food was Great. This is a drastic change from my previous experience. Thank you
Cocoa loved it!
Have had problems in past of cats not liking rx diet but Cocoa was after this as soon as I opened - thinks it's treats.
Saved my cat’s life
First off, Chewy is an amazing company that helped me save my cat, as allowed returned food that wasn’t working for us to be donated. Best pet supply company ever. With sincere and eternal thanks! My 17 year old cat Smoochy was diagnosed with severe thyroid disease and was losing weight rapidly. My husband called her our little bowling ball at 8 lbs., but she went down to 4 1/2 pounds rapidly and was literally skin and bones. We had tried methimazole pills which were impossible to administer her and also the transdermal / rubbed in her ear version which made her throw up. It was too hard chasing her around to administer any kind of medicine, I didn’t want my 17-year-old cat to die being afraid of me. I didn’t think this food would work but it was my last resort. She did not like the canned food, but eats the dry food daily. I put a little water in it and let it soften as her teeth are bad, but this is the ONLY food I feed her and it literally saved her life. She went from 4 1/2 pounds to 7 pounds in just a couple of months. I know it seems expensive per bag, but it lasts for a very long time in the long run it cost about the same as all of the food and treats I was feeding her that she was devouring before trying YD. I highly highly recommend, it saved my cat’s life.
My two old fussy cats love it,,,!
I was afraid they wouldn't eat it but they love it and now they won't even eat the regular food. They both have gotten hyperthyroid as they've gotten older so it's great because now they can both eat it. And chewy delivered it in 2 days,! And they'll take back what they won't eat. Can't ask for more than that!
Keeps her fit
My baby is doing well on this just add some laxatone every few days because its all carbs kind of makes her constipated but it keeps her from taking the meds and she's turning 16 soon
My cat is 13 and is a VERY picky eater. She loves this food. As soon as I poured the food in her bowl she began devouring. It’s the only thing she eats. She will not touch the moist food paired with this. No surprise. She has never eaten /liked moist food.