Hill's Prescription Diet y/d Thyroid Care with Chicken Wet Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Water, Pork Liver, Pork By-Products...||Water, Pork Liver, Chicken...||Water, Chicken, Pork Liver...||Water, Pork Liver, Chicken...||Pork By-Products, Water, Pork Liver...|
|Special Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Tuna, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry||Seafood & Fish|
|Health Feature||Hormone Support||Kidney Care||Kidney Care||Digestive Health||Urinary Tract Health|
About This Item
- When this recipe is fed as the sole source of nutrition, this formula has been clinically proven to restore thyroid health in just 3 weeks
- Supports kidney health with controlled phosphorus and low sodium and helps maintain bladder health with controlled mineral levels
- Promotes healthy skin and a luxurious hair coat with high levels of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids
- Promotes heart health with essential nutrients like taurine and carnitine for optimal health benefits
- Complete daily nutrition with a taste your cat will love
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Hill's Prescription Diet y/d Thyroid Care Original Flavor Dry Cat Food, 8.5-lb bag$71.99Chewy Price$68.39Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Glycobalance Thin Slices in Gravy Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24$57.36Chewy Price$54.49Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PR Dry Cat Food, 8.8-lb bag$83.99Chewy Price$79.79Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Calm Dry Cat Food, 8.8-lb bag$65.99Chewy Price$62.69Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets DM Dietetic Management Dry Cat Food, 10-lb bag$69.99Chewy Price$66.49Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Weight Control Dry Cat Food, 3.3-lb bag$24.99Chewy Price$23.74Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PD Dry Cat Food, 17.6-lb bag$139.99Chewy Price$132.99Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Glycobalance Dry Cat Food, 4.4-lb bag$36.99Chewy Price$35.14Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Urinary SO Moderate Calorie Morsels in Gravy Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24$57.36Chewy Price$54.49Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Metabolic Chicken Flavor Dry Cat Food, 17.6-lb bag$97.99Chewy Price$93.09Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Dry Cat Food, 8.5-lb bag$71.99Chewy Price$68.39Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Urinary SO Moderate Calorie Dry Cat Food, 3.3-lb bag$29.99Chewy Price$28.49Autoship Price
Questions & Answers
17 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
353 Customer Reviews
Save your fur-baby’s life!
This food, saved my cats life! I have an old cat (almost 22, now) but about a year ago, I found myself in tears because Miyagi was throwing up a lot, lost weight and looked like he only had days to live. Our vet put him on this diet and it was almost an immediate turnaround! Now, he’s more social than he has ever been and has the energy of an adult (not senior) cat. We do have to add water to each serving. Otherwise, it dries quickly and Miyagi has a hard time pooping. Only downfall is, we can’t get the shipments right since it’s not always in stock. At first, we didn’t get enough and now, we have a huge surplus. But, that’s just the norm with many items since the pandemic.
A big hit!
Janie absolutely love this new food! I've never seen her get so excited about eating. Both wet and dry are a hit with her. And it seems to agree well with her sensitive tummy! Hopefully her next blood work will show that it's helping her thyroid issues too, making it expensive but well worth the cost. Based on her weight she gets half a can of wet and 1/4 cup of dry a day. At first she was begging for more but has adjusted her expectations and is satisfied with this daily portion.
Improved my cats thyroid!!
I started my cat on this about 4 months ago because she is "pre-thyroid disease," (elevated thyroid values). We switched from Blue Buffalo, canned and dry. I was worried my cat would not like it, as she can be a little picky, but she loved it! I have ONLY fed her this food, no treats, etc. which was difficult for her but she loves the food. We got her bloodwork done again, and her thyroid values are lower than last time! Still on the high end but controlled. Seems like the diet is working :)
Our 18 year old cat had severe hyperthyroid. Her T4 levels were at 22. After one dose of medication she was a mess, could barely walk and could barely eat. After a few days, the meds were out of her system we started her on this food. In 3 weeks of eating the wet and dry food exclusively, her numbers are almost normal (4.4) She can't eat it fast enough!!!
Finnicky cat with a thyroid problem
After the cat refused to eat the wet food, we contacted Hill's. They suggested heating it in the microwave on the lowest temperature for 10 to 13 seconds. Make sure it is not too hot. It enhances the flavor. We also found if we add just a touch of water and chop it up then it is more like the flaked food in gravy that the cat is prefers.
Price increase Why did my price go up from $76.99?
Wonderful service and reliability. I have had no problems in all the years I have been receiving Chewy proscription food for my cat Thor.
Cat doesn't like
I need to preface this by saying my cat does not like pate. I have tried mixing it with a little warm water(which had been suggested) and try to make it into little bits. Still will not eat it.
Prescription for thyroid disease
My cat liked it okay at first, but now I have a hard time getting her to eat it. It's difficult because according to my vet that's all she supposed to eat
My cat is not crazy about can YD
I wish this came in a smaller size. Wet food is very dry. I have to add water to it for moisture, mush it like baby food & then heat for a few seconds. My cat is not a picky eater. He loves the dry, but can is not his favorite.
I needed to order a prescription cat food because the Vet couldn’t get it. I checked with Chewy they had it, sent it out and I received it the following day! That was a big relief because the food is my cats medication!