Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Dry Cat Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Clinical nutrition especially formulated to help manage your cat's dietary sensitivity and help reduce the possibility of adverse reactions to food
- Designed to improve digestion and stool quality with ingredients to help reduce gastrointestinal workload
- Helps eliminate food related causes of skin irritation and a healthy skin barrier
- Formulated with highly digestible proteins that minimize the chances of adverse reactions to food
- Clinically proven antioxidants help maintain a healthy immune system and skin barrier function
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Hill's Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome with Chicken Dry Cat Food, 8.5-lb bag$60.99Chewy Price$57.94Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care with Chicken Dry Cat Food, 8.5-lb bag$57.99Chewy Price$55.09Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Metabolic Chicken Flavor Dry Cat Food, 8.5-lb bag$59.99Chewy Price$56.99Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet d/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Duck & Green Pea Dry Cat Food, 8.5-lb bag$77.99Chewy Price$74.09Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet d/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Venison & Green Pea Dry Cat Food, 8.5-lb bag$77.99Chewy Price$74.09Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Savory Selects in Gravy with Chicken Wet Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$60.99Chewy Price$57.94Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$36.99Chewy Price$35.14Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal Moderate Calorie Thin Slices in Gravy Canned Cat food, 3-oz, case of 24$57.36Chewy Price$54.49Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet HF Hydrolyzed for Food Intolerance Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 7-lb bag$52.85Chewy Price$56.98List Price$50.21Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet NP Novel Protein Alligator Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 7-lb bag$62.98Chewy Price$59.83Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Savory Selects in Gravy Variety Pack Wet Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$60.99Chewy Price$57.94Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Savory Selects in Gravy with Salmon Wet Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$60.99Chewy Price$57.94Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Brewers Rice, Hydrolyzed Chicken Liver, Rice Protein Concentrate...||Chicken, Whole Grain Corn, Corn Gluten Meal...||Brewers Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Meal...||Corn Gluten Meal, Pork Fat, Whole Grain Corn...||Chicken, Cracked Pearled Barley, Corn Gluten Meal...|
|Special Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Hydrolyzed Protein, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Weight Control, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Pork, Meat||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Skin & Coat Health||Urinary Tract Health||Digestive Health, Weight Management||Hormone Support||Digestive Health|
|Lifestage||Adult||Adult||Adult||Adult||Adult, Kitten, Senior|
|Food Form||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food|
Questions & Answers
26 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
509 Customer Reviews
Can't get enough
1 or both of our 10-yr old cats has been having digestive issues and the vet prescribed Hills z/d. They wouldn't touch the canned version, which is kind of gummy, pasty. But they both absolutely love the dry food. It's too soon to tell if the Rx diet alone resolves the issue, but definitely seeing some signs of improvement. I'm hoping their pet insurance helps defray the high cost so we can make a permanent change. (The price is what keeps me from giving it 5 stars.) Fingers crossed.
Unfortunately, Not for my Cat
My cat has skin allergies. Vet recommended Royal Canin Ultamino but Chewy is out of stock for this food. Vet then recommended Hills Z/D which I got and my cat ate it once and won't eat it anymore. Vet also mentioned I could try Hydrolyzed food. I have tried so many dry foods at a huge cost. I don't recommend this one.
expensive but worth it
My cat has a history of “scarf and barf” even with small portions of food and a puzzle feeder. Vet recommended this. I didn’t even have to follow the instructions on how to switch over food across a week — my cat instantly took to this food, and has started pawing at the automatic feeder in the hopes that more will appear. He’s no longer coughing after eating, and is happily back to his usual antics (watching birds, chasing toys, and purring on top of me). 10/10 highly recommend even if it hurts my wallet
Not good for senior/elderly cats
My vet switched my cat to this food at 14yrs old - and after 6 months his kidney levels (phosphorus) were terrible and he lost a great deal of weight. Main ingredient is liver which is not good for cats with kidney issues. There should be a warning on this food. Organ meat is a NO for kidneys. He had always had stomatitis and other issues but better to switch to renal diet.
Delivery to my door was very fast!
Vet prescription, on price fixed item, delivery was very fast. Cat seems to be doing better! I am not a vet so I cannot recommend this item. I put it on auto ship to get a discount on this overpriced item!
Didn't help my cat
My cat has chronic diarrhea so we put him on this to see if it helped and if it signaled he may have IBD. He transitioned to it well as he didn't vomit. His diarrhea was unchanged. He's been on this diet for 1.5 months with no change. We don't know if he needs more time, if he has a sensitivity to an ingredient, or if there's something else. It smells like molasses which makes me question the quality of ingredients (idk why rice is so high up in the list and a lot of the other ingredients seem like fillers). One of my cats doesn't recognize this as food. Also, the treat version of this line is inedible. None of my cats recognize it as food. This isn't a great long term food. My vet said if he stays on this, he has to take vitamins. So, it sounds like it isn't a whole, balanced food.
Kitty likes this food. Customer service is TOP NOTCH.
Hill's z/d food was prescribed by my vet several months ago. I believe it's helping my cat's digestive issues, and I'm hopeful his next lab results show improvement. Luckily, he likes the food, so I will stick with it. Mostly, I'm incredibly impressed with all the customer service staffers that have helped me whenever I've had to call to ask a question about product or adjust my subscription deliveries. A real person to help me! Amazingly friendly, patient, and so very knowledgeable, no matter weekend, weekday, or even a holiday! I order all my pets' food from Chewy. Delivery is always spot on. All of this is so very much appreciated!
He likes it!
I cannot believe my finicky kitty took right to this food, but he did. We are doing a food allergy trial so I was so happy he liked at least one of the foods we got for him.
Cat likes it, it doesn't like him
My cat eats this same food in the canned version and we were giving him a different dry prescription food for his sensitive stomach but decided to try this one because he didn't seem to really like the other dry. Well, he chowed this one right down immediately and I was happy to see he liked it. The following day he threw up just like he was doing before we had him at the vet to figure out what was going on with him. We figured it was a fluke and maybe he ate it too fast so we've been watching how much he eats since that episode and a day later (today) he threw up again. Either my cat suddenly has more issues or this food isn't quite what it says it is and I'm leaning towards the second given the circumstances.
Hydrolyzed protein diet
The dry Hill's formulation was accepted by both cats readily. Chewy shipped the food promptly after getting our vet's script. The diet has cut down a bit on our problem kitty's GI issues.