Kaytee Sunflower Hearts & Chips Wild Bird Food, 8-lb bag
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Pure sunflower seed mix is highly attractive to grosbeaks, titmice, buntings, finches and chickadees.
- Hulls have been removed, making the seeds easier to eat.
- With no hulls, fallen seeds can’t sprout in your yard.
- Completely edible, cutting down on waste and mess.
- Quality nutrition for birds, suitable for year-round feeding.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Kaytee Waste Free Blend Wild Bird Food, 10-lb bag$16.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price$16.14Autoship Price
- Wagner's Greatest Variety Wild Bird Food, 16-lb bag$24.19Chewy Price$22.98Autoship Price
- Harvest Seed & Supply Wild Finch Wild Bird Food, 10-lb bag$11.99Chewy Price$11.39Autoship Price
- Wagner's Sunflower Hearts & Chips Premium Wild Bird Food, 6-lb bag, bundle of 3$35.76Chewy Price$39.75List Price$33.97Autoship Price
- Harvest Seed & Supply Orchard Blend Wild Bird Food, 8-lb bag$9.99Chewy Price$9.49Autoship Price
- Wild Delight Nut N' Berry Wild Bird Food, 20-lb bag$36.81Chewy Price$47.99List Price$34.97Autoship Price
- Harvest Seed & Supply No Waste Wild Bird Food, 10-lb bag, bundle of 3$35.07Chewy Price$38.97List Price$33.32Autoship Price
- Kaytee Shelled Peanuts Wild Bird Food, 10-lb bag$15.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price$15.19Autoship Price
- Harvest Seed & Supply Mealworm Wild Bird Food, 10-lb bag$12.59Chewy Price$12.99List Price$11.96Autoship Price
- C&S Peanut Delight No Melt Suet Dough Wild Bird Food, 11.75-oz tray, case of 8$13.89Chewy Price$13.20Autoship Price
- Pennington Premium Select Blend Bird Food, 10-lb bag$15.99Chewy Price$15.19Autoship Price
- Harvest Seed & Supply Red Berry & Nut Wild Bird Food, 10-lb bag$11.21Chewy Price$11.99List Price$10.65Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Sunflower Hearts, Sunflower Chips.||Oil Sunflower Seed||Sunflower Kernels.||Oil Sunflower, Safflower Seed, Artificial Cherry Flavor.||Black Oil Sunflower Seed, Millet, Milo...|
|Bird Type||Wild Bird, Bunting, Chickadee, Finch, Grosbeak, Titmouse||Wild Bird, Cardinal, Chickadee, Grosbeak, Nuthatch, Woodpecker||Wild Bird, Finch, Cardinal, Jay, Chickadee||Wild Bird, Cardinal, Chickadee, Grosbeak, Nuthatch||Wild Bird, Bunting, Chickadee, Finch, Nuthatch, Towhee|
|Food Form||Birdseed||Birdseed||Birdseed||Birdseed||Seed & Grain Blend|
Questions & Answers
1 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
81 Customer Reviews
Great for small wild birds.
I have tried all kinds of mixes of bird seed and learned what my wild bird friends like and don’t like. Through a lot of observation, I found that my little wild birds with the tiny beaks absolutely love the sunflower hearts and chips. It is so much easier for them to feed on. I had watched them struggle to open the shells of sunflower seeds that the larger birds like. They wouldn’t eat millet and other small seed mixes. Now I have feeders just for them with Kaytee sunflower hearts and chips. I also like that there are no empty shells scattered everywhere. My finch population has increased quite a bit. If you have a soft spot for the little birds like I do, then I highly recommend this seed.
Crumbs and dust
Got these to feed the birds AND the squirrels....set it up for repeat shipping. No. There are NO hearts and the amount of dust/powder is overwhelming. The birds MAY eat it, but if I throw this on the ground for the squirrels...it's just going to lay there uneaten. Nothing like other brands I've purchased. Quite disappointed.
i thought i’d try this since it’s “bits and pieces”, smaller/easier for the birds but they don’t like it. they used to flock to the feeder, now it’s just a few at a time so i only have to fill the feeder once a day. ordering Wagner’s next time
Lots of teeny tiny crumbs and a ton of dust. I can't recommend this at all. Don't waste your money. Packaging is extremely fragile and rips easily. I'll be cleaning up bird seed for a week.
Price more than doubled - back to previous vendor
Since we bought 10 of these 2 weeks ago Chewy's price has more than doubled, so it's time to go back to the previous vendor. It's too bad because we typically spend over $1,000 a year on this. The product itself is fine - don't worry about the size of the chips. Remember that we're feeding birds - these are probably easier for them to eat.
Bird’s Love It!
We have a variety of birds in our area. When we put the sunflower seed in our feeder and sprinkle some on the ground we will get up to 30 birds eating at a time. We get Cardinals, Blue Jays, Sparrows, Starlings, Nightengales, Mourning Doves, and occasionally we’ll see woodpeckers hanging on the feeders. The Morning Doves especially love it when we spread the sunflower seed in the yard as they are too big for the feeders.
Best bird seed yet !
I have tried all the sunflower chips out there This by far the best Reason: They are small chips so there is barely any waste The small birds eat it all whereas the bigger chips they bite in half and the rest drops to the ground Might be a bit more expensive but you get what you pay for
Do your birds and yard a favor
The sunflower hearts and chips are excellent quality and very reasonably priced. If you have never fed sunflowers without the very messy hulls, please try them. We have year-round cardinals, chickadees, doves, nuthatches, tufted titmice goldfinches and house finches feeding all day. They eat everything so there is no mess on the ground.
Nice clean and great size chips
I was very happy to see the quality of these chips and hearts. They are very clean and no fillers. I have purchased other brands from companies that only do medium and coarse grind and was very disappointed. Medium and coarse grind is very inviting for birds you rather not have at your feeders. Also Chewy is really great to deal with no hassle. And no I didn't get something free for this review. Happy birding!
The best out there!
After many different varieties this is by far the best. No MESS! My doves, starlings, finches, quail, and many more I haven’t identified yet, absolutely love this. I put a small bowl for the squirrels and they stay out of the feeders. Everyone loves it!!!