K&H Pet Products Ultimate Stock Tank Deicer
About This Item
- Keeps water from turning into ice so that livestock and horses always have a fresh supply.
- Thermostatically controlled so that it will turn on and off as needed per the weather.
- Can be transformed from floating to submersible in seconds by unscrewing the float ring from the top.
- Will maintain a temperature of just above freezing and won’t damage liners or plastic tanks.
- Includes the cage and cord clip to keep the power cord of your animal’s reach.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- K&H Pet Products Perfect Bucket Heater$27.12Chewy Price$54.99List Price
- Horze Equestrian Compact Horse Saddle Rack, Black$19.99Chewy Price
- Bickmore Bick-4 Leather Conditioner, 8-oz bottle$10.99Chewy Price$11.50List Price
- Fiebing's Prime Neatsfoot Oil Compound for Horses, 32-oz bottle$7.99Chewy Price$18.75List Price$7.59Autoship Price
- Weaver Leather Horse Saddle Stand$89.59Chewy Price$116.89List Price
- Kensington Protective Products Signature Large Tote Bag, Lavender Mint$32.49Chewy Price$44.99List Price
- Absorbine Leather Therapy Leather Laundry Solution Leather Fabric & Sheepskin Wash, 20-oz bottle$17.95Chewy Price$19.39List Price
- Bickmore Bick-1 Leather Cleaner, 8-oz bottle$10.99Chewy Price$11.50List Price
- Tenda Cedar Oil Wood & Leather Preservative, 16-oz jar$21.99Chewy Price$26.99List Price
- Tahoe Tack Premium Nylon Waterproof Western Horse Saddle Cover, Turquoise$15.30Chewy Price$18.95List Price
- Paris Tack Premium Embroidered Nylon Dressage English Saddle Cover, Black$16.95Chewy Price$20.95List Price
- Fiebing's Silicone-Lanolin Saddle Oil for Horses, 16-oz bottle$9.50Chewy Price$9.03Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|FarmAnimalType||Cattle, Goat, Pig, Poultry, Llama & Alpaca, Sheep||Cattle, Goat, Pig, Poultry, Llama & Alpaca, Sheep||Cattle, Pig, Goat, Poultry, Llama & Alpaca, Sheep||N/A|
|Material||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric|
Questions & Answers
13 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
47 Customer Reviews
I ordered this the night before we were expecting a major snow storm for my small koi pond as I felt the heater that was there wasnt deicing the thick layer of ice that had frozen. I asked if it could be rushed as I feared my koi wouldn’t survive with air for their gases to exit the pond. Well it arrived the next day by twelve thirty in the afternoon I ran outside and plugged it in the pond. Good news, within a few hours my pond was thawing and by the next day with eight inches of snow my pond was completely thawed and my koi were swimming around as if it were Spring. Can’t thank Chewy enough for their promptness
Don't expect it to last long
Purchased it last winter, as a replacement for my previous heater, which lasted 6 years. It worked fine, while it was working. But then I was surprised to find our tiny pond frozen, and most of our goldfish dead. It lasted half a winter last year, and now half a winter this year, and broke. Only get this if you are ok with it being a season solution. Do not rely on it for longer.
Zapped my horses!!!
I've never used this brand of deicer before, and I never will again. It has zapped my horses several times. The first day it was set up all the horses acted like it was zapping them when they tried to drink. Unplugged it, waited a few days and plugged it back in. Worked fine. Tested it several times, horses were able to drink, all seemed well. Then, after refilling the bucket with water, my horses got zapped again. Now I have to go buy a whole new heated water tub, as my horses are now afraid of the tub this heater was in.
Not this time!
I have bought this same de-icer for horse troughs for years, although from other sources. This one, however, did not make it through its second winter. Others have lasted 4 and 5 winters. Disappointing!
This mighty little de-icer is great. South of Omaha, North of Kansas City where regions 4 & 5 align. It keeps my 100 gallon trough open in -5 temps. I’d suggest a 750+ watt for northern areas, but this 500 watt does great here.
Great de icer for my goats trough
I bought the 250w for a smaller, probably 20g, water trough for my goats. I use it submerged and it's been wonderful. It's saved me so much time this winter. It offers the option to float or submerge. Highly recommended.
WOW! IT WORKS!
This de-icer is working great! I live in NNY where it gets cold (-26) some nights and I was tired of breaking the ice in the stock tank. I didn't do it yesterday at -22 outside!! The water is liquid!!!! Oh Yeh!
Junk be good for a cat dish probably not stock tanks
Save your money this thing is junk just like I figured plastic and horses don't mix broke in 2 weeks now it's garbage
Stopped working after only 1 winter
So annoyed. Pulled them out to use again this winter and one didn’t work at all. The other worked for a few months and is now dead
Deicer for stock tank
Excellent product, did the job well. Recommend highly