Lixit Chew Proof Glass Bird & Small Animal Water Bottle
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Critters can’t destroy it by chewing because it's made from durable glass.
- Easily attaches to wire cages, so it's quick to remove for refilling.
- Ideal for small animals and birds, it also has a chew-resistant plastic cap.
- Stainless steel drinking tube can be easily sanitized.
- Made in the USA!
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Lixit Wide Mouth Small Animal Water Bottle, 8-oz$5.67Chewy Price$6.99List Price
- Ware Slide-N-Lock Small Animal Bowl, Large$9.82Chewy Price$13.49List Price
- DealOxbow Enriched Life Forage Small Animal Bowl, Small$9.99Chewy Price
- Kaytee CritterTrail Small Animal Water Bottle, 5-oz$6.56Chewy Price$8.99List Price
- Lixit Nibble Food Bowl, Color Varies, Medium$2.99Chewy Price
- Kaytee Paw Print Hamster Food Bowl, Color Varies$4.76Chewy Price$5.49List Price
- Lixit Bottle & Tube Cleaning Brush, 16-in$5.49Chewy Price
- Exotic Nutrition Wonder Nipples Small-Pet Feeder, 6-pack, Large$13.49Chewy Price$12.82Autoship Price
- Lixit Mini Rabbit Feeder & Water Fountain, 48-oz$9.04Chewy Price
- Lixit Critter Brite Small Animal Cage Water Bottle Pack, 8-oz, 12 count$30.60Chewy Price$49.99List Price
- Kaytee Stoneware Cavy Small Pet Bowl, Blue, 4-in$5.99Chewy Price$6.49List Price
- Kaytee Stoneware Pet Bowl, Blue & Tan, 5-in$7.12Chewy Price$8.49List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Small Pet Type||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Hedgehog, Ferret||Hamster, Gerbil, Mouse||Hedgehog, Sugar Glider, Mouse, Hamster, Gerbil||Rabbit, Chinchilla||Guinea Pig|
|Bird Type||Canary, Cockatiel, Cockatoo, Hookbill, Macaw||—||—||—||Conure, Pigeon, Hookbill, Cockatiel|
|Bowl & Storage Feature||—||No Drip||—||Travel||—|
Questions & Answers
16 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
138 Customer Reviews
Used daily for 7.5 years!
I love these bottles! My last one has been used daily for 7.5 years. I am actually here to buy another one because the blue plastic lid cracked. That is the ONLY issue I have had! I use the spring provided plus a mini bungee cord to secure it to my bunny’s cage, and it stays put. Just make sure the gasket (little black rubber ring inside the cap) is in place and it shouldn’t leak!
The bottle itself is glass and lid is of good quality but the design to mount it to the cage is absurd. If bottle is not tilted it leaks and spring doesn't stretch enough to hold bottle in place.
A Big Disappointment
I read bad reviews at Chewy, by a bunch of other people who were disappointed in this product too. I decided to test my luck and purchase it anyway since it has a small glass bottle. I wish I hadn't. The metal end is smaller around and then longer in length than the promotional picture shows. This makes it hard for my animal to use it. But I don't think my animal is getting any or enough water out of it!!!! I had to resort to a bowl of water instead, so buying this water bottle proved useless!! I thought it would be less clean-up and not as messy. The blue plastic that holds the metal end and the part that screws up onto the bottle is really cheap and brittle. The price and uselessness of this product for my animal makes it not worth it and I wish I had not bought it since I can't use it at all. It looks the part, but it doesn't function to water my animal!!!!!
I needed a water bottle for my chinchilla because she destroyed the last one (plastic). This one was glass but the spring is not keeping the bottle steady, the bottle keeps tipping on its side because my chinchilla plays with it. The spring is not securing it.
leaks very bad
Sadly I didn’t read the reviews before I purchased 2 of these (this one and the smaller one) Mine attached to the cage fine, but dripped constantly to the point where it’s soaking everything in the cage, thankfully I realized it now and not before I was gone for a day and my chins were left without water and a wet house.
I read all of the reviews first and stupidly still ordered this. I thought I could get it to work for me especially with some of the advice here. It did not. I was able to attach it to the crate but the dripping wouldn’t stop. It was constant dripping and I made sure the bottle was full and I tried to reset the stopper and o ring as well. I would love to return this but honestly cannot find a way to do that on my app. There’s no option I can find. Sent email but no word. Ill try again.
Holder needs to be different
A spring with clips on the end won't gold up a heavy glass water bottle to the side of a cage.
No good way to attach
Im rehabbing squirrels and needed a chew proof bottle for them. Bought this one and though the bottle seemed sturdy there’s no good way to attach it. The bottle is shaped in a way the spring that comes with it slides up and down it instead of staying in place. The spring itself is so loose it’s comical to think it could hold anything up. I was constantly fixing it. Well within a week of use it has fallen and broken into a million pieces. So now I have to worry about broken glass. And it is not chew proof, these babies were young enough they did not know to chew it yet but the plastic piece holding the metal spout is easily chewed and should never be on a water bottle labeled “chew proof”.
Like all other reviews, it leaks constantly and there is no good way to attach it. Disappointed
Great water bottle
All 4 of my guinea pigs use these water bottles. They are healthier than the plastic. Very sturdy and don't develop a smell like the plastic bottles. None of the bottles have had any leaking. They are heavy and need to be secured to the cage correctly. My only complaint is I would prefer They come with 2 bungee cords to attach the bottles more securely.