Mendota Products Small Slip Solid Rope Dog Leash
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- British-style slip lead is a leash and collar in one convenient design for walking and training.
- Made from a waterproof, vibrant, long lasting and machine washable polypropylene rope.
- Soft on the hands with a “broken in” feel that is easy to use and pliable enough to roll up.
- Adjustable to fit any neck size with the oil-tanned leather snap that controls the collar diameter.
- 3/8-inch lead is handmade in the USA and suitable for dogs weighing up to 50 pounds.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Mendota Products Small Slip Checkered Rope Dog Leash, Black Ice Tuquoise, 6-ft long, 3/8-in wide$15.99Chewy Price$19.49List Price
- EzyDog Luca All-In-One Dog Slip Collar & Leash, Black, Standard$35.00Chewy Price
- Guardian Gear Kennel Dog Lead, Assorted Colors, 4-ft, 6 count$9.40Chewy Price$9.99List Price
- CollarDirect Rolled Leather Dog Slip Lead, Brown, Medium: 6-ft long, 5/16-in wide$22.99Chewy Price$25.99List Price
- Mighty Paw Slip Rope Dog Leash$13.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Reflective Rope Slip Lead Dog Leash, 6-ft long$7.39Chewy Price
- Mendota Products Large Slip Confetti Rope Dog Leash, Night Viz Blue, 6-ft long, 1/2-in wide$26.49Chewy Price$27.49List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Polypropylene, Rope, Plastic||Polypropylene, Rope, Plastic||Polypropylene, Rope, Plastic||Polypropylene, Rope, Plastic||Polypropylene, Rope, Plastic|
|Breed Size||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds|
|Leash & Collar Feature||Training, Waterproof||Training, Waterproof||Training, Waterproof||Training, Waterproof||Training, Waterproof|
|Closure Type||Slip On||Slip On||Slip On||Slip On||Slip On|
|Leash Length||6 feet||6 feet||6 feet||4 feet||6 feet|
|Leash Type||Slip Lead||Slip Lead||Slip Lead||Slip Lead||Slip Lead|
Questions & Answers
6 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
190 Customer Reviews
This leash is the answer to my prayers! I have a dog, Bailey, who pulled something awful when I tried to walk him! He's very strong and I was afraid he would pull me out in the road. Ive tried different methods such as a head halter, a trainer, martingale collar, chest halter and none of them worked for me. Bailey is very headstrong and I just couldn't walk with him safely. So, as a last resort, I thought I'd try this slip leash. So, now we're both happy! He's got tons of energy and he needed to be walked but I didn't think this would work either but to my surprise, it's perfect. When it's used correctly, there is no "choking" and no damage whatsoever of his throat. He just enjoys his walk without all the pulling drama and so do I! We walk a few miles and I don't have to worry he will drag me. Once he got used to it, which took hardly any time at all for him, he walks right by my side and I love walking with him!
One time use, full believer
I literally just used it for the first time and it made wrangling this Godzilla of a pup to an actual enjoyable experience. It feels pretty well made for the price and you can adjust the size of the loop based on your dog. I would definitely suggest it to anyone who is having trouble getting their dog to walk without dragging them across the street. LOVE IT
Escape artist backup.
Charlie is an escape artist. We bought this as a back-up to his 'escape proof' harness. He is a rescue, things scare him, especially large vehicles like the trash truck or a school bus. Except for the harness he now uses, he has backed up out of quite a few harnesses. Trying to take him for a walk was scary. As a little bit of added security, to keep Charlie safe, this leash is easy to use and soft on the hands.
Diameter too big
Wish the diameter was smaller. I have a long haired mini dachshund and it gets tangled in her hair. I constantly have to adjust it. Saying that, however, when it is in the correct position it does help against the pulling. I call it her noose.
Easy on and off
My dog mostly walks off leash, but I hang this around my neck for emergencies. It’s quick to slip on and works great. I really liked the variety of colors.
Fake "Leather" Comes Off
I was excited to receive this product after learning that slip leashes are supposed to best for training. The thread in the "leather" near the loop started to unravel within 2 weeks of using the leash. The stop started unraveling shortly thereafter. Very disappointed with this product.
Walking without pulling on Leash
Watching several training videos - the method that looks like it is easy on the dog, and that they pick up on is the “English slip lead” In a couple of weeks we had our 10 mo. old mix breed puppy doing pretty good and not pulling on leash.
A little thicker than I thought. I got the 4ft, didn't realize it was total length (hand loop to ring for collar), so it doesn't work with little dogs... Definitely more for keeping a medium or bigger dog close.
Not very good. There are better options out there.
The rope is synthetic and pretty cheap quality. The kind that can definitely give you a friction burn.
Comfy Slip Leash
We are training our puppy and this slip leash is just perfect. Not too heavy, soft and he does not mind it at all! However, it is perfect for his learning to walk on leash, sit, stay! Thank you, Chewy!