Merrick Classic Healthy Grains Real Beef + Brown Rice Recipe with Ancient Grains Adult Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Dry food with healthy grains and beef for dogs.
- Features real deboned beef as the very first ingredient.
- Developed with high levels of omega fatty acids, glucosamine and chondroitin.
- Includes essential vitamins, minerals, brown rice and ancient grains such as quinoa to aid in digestion.
- Crafted in Hereford, TX and cooked in the USA.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- dealAmerican Journey Beef & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$58.29Chewy Price$55.38Autoship Price
- Merrick Healthy Grains Real Salmon & Brown Rice Recipe With Ancient Grains Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$73.98Chewy Price$70.28Autoship Price
- dealAmerican Journey Large Breed Adult Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag$38.49Chewy Price$36.57Autoship Price
- Merrick Classic Healthy Grains Dry Dog Food Real Lamb + Brown Rice Recipe with Ancient Grains, 25-lb bag$73.98Chewy Price$70.28Autoship Price
- Merrick Healthy Grains Raw-Coated Kibble Real Salmon + Brown Rice Recipe Freeze-Dried Dry Dog Food, 22-lb bag$76.98Chewy Price$73.13Autoship Price
- Merrick Classic Healthy Grains Real Chicken + Brown Rice Recipe with Ancient Grains Adult Dry Dog Food, 33-lb bag$84.98Chewy Price$77.73Autoship Price
- Merrick Limited Ingredient Diet Chicken-Free Real Salmon & Brown Rice Recipe with Healthy Grains Dry Dog Food, 22-lb bag$72.98Chewy Price$69.33Autoship Price
- Merrick Real Texas Beef + Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Chicken-Free Adult Dry Dog Food, 22-lb bag$73.98Chewy Price$64.85Autoship Price
- Merrick Healthy Grains Raw-Coated Kibble Real Beef + Brown Rice Recipe Freeze-Dried Dry Dog Food, 22-lb bag$76.98Chewy Price$73.13Autoship Price
- Merrick Backcountry Raw Infused Grain-Free Chicken-Free Great Plains Red Recipe Dry Dog Food, 20-lb bag$81.98Chewy Price$66.49Autoship Price
- CANIDAE Grain-Free PURE Limited Ingredient Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$71.27Chewy Price$74.99List Price$67.71Autoship Price
- Earthborn Holistic Coastal Catch Grain-Free Natural Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$63.14Chewy Price$59.98Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Deboned Beef, Pork Meal, Brown Rice...||Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, White Rice...||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice...||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice...||Deboned Lamb, Salmon Meal, Brown Rice...|
|Special Diet||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, High-Protein...||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, Flax-Free, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, High-Protein, With Grain||High-Protein, Sensitive Digestion, No Corn No Wheat No Soy...||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, With Grain|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health, Vitamins & Minerals||—||Vitamins & Minerals, Digestive Health||Skin & Coat Health, Hip & Joint Support, Digestive Health...||Digestive Health, Vitamins & Minerals|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Beef, Meat||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Lamb, Meat|
Questions & Answers
38 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
265 Customer Reviews
Solved GI Upset!
We have a mini goldendoodle. This food solved our dog’s vomiting and diarrhea issue. We switched to royal canin’s adult dog food (previously was using the puppy one with no problems) and it caused our dog to get very sick. Our dog had a stool sample & was negative for parasites. The vet then switched our dog to a chicken and rice diet that didn’t help….Then to a beef and rice diet that barely helped. We tried the Acana lamb limited diet which didn’t help. We got blood work for Addison’s disease & was negative. Finally, we tried this food and our dog finally stopped vomiting and stopped having diarrhea. This food is the best food for sensitive stomachs!
Finally a match for my Golden’s issues
I needed a chicken free food that had grains and did not include peas and potatoes/things that are correlated with heart issues for my Golden Retriever who has itchy skin and anal gland issues. This food has worked great and he loves it, although he is not too picky of an eater. He weighs 75 lbs and I feed him 4 cups a day. Another issue was finding a food that matched his dietary needs that stayed in stock! So far so good with this, and I love that an extra large 33 lb bag is available. I still buy 2 at a time just in case. We’re so relieved to have a great food match finally for our sweet but sensitive guy.
Pet refused to eat this
Our dog refused to eat this batch of dog food. Our dog has a hearty appetite and had no problem eating previous batches of this brand of food. Our pet exhibited no signs of abnormal behavior except refusing to eat. Once we replaced the food with a different choice he was more than ready to eat again. We have switched brands entirely as a result, and if I could, I would give this a zero star - not a one star because I feel strongly that something was not right with this batch of food.
Pup did not like
My pup did not like this food. He has not been eating it. Not sure what if could be. Maybe flavor? He has tried other flavors of same brand
Good Pea-free Food
My dogs love food and I have never encountered a dog food they didn’t like, so I cannot say how good this food tastes. My dogs loved it, but they love all food. My gaseous boy did well with Merrick Healthy Grains Beef and Brown Rice recipe - no excessive gas! I was pleasantly surprised to find that my allergic dog did not have a negative reaction to the variety of protein sources in this food. She continues to have itchiness, but nothing more than what is usual for her. I appreciate that they offer a 33 pound bag - I think it’s more cost effective than other similar quality foods that come in smaller sized bags. This food will definitely be added to my dogs’ meal rotation!
Absolutely no chicken!
My akita is severely allergic to chicken. Trying to find a dog food without chicken is time consuming. Merrick dog food is one of too few made without chicken whether it be chicken meal,fat or by-products. Fortunately, all my pups love it and my akita's allergy is in check.
My Kids Love Merrick
Four of my Westie's are allergic to any type of poultry...Merrick Real Beef + Brown Rice solved that problem and it's not grain free. They love it!!!
Dog doesn't like it
I was so happy to find a dog food that Includes GRAINS after feeding my dog grain free since getting her and her recent vet doesn't recommend staying on grain free. I've added a teaspoon of the Merrick lil plates and she'll eat some with the lil plates but basically picks out the lil plates food and leaves the dry. Unfortunately I ordered 12lb bag and have about 11.5 left that she's not interested in.
My Dog Loves This Food!
Yes, my dog loves his food, but that's not saying much because Indy loves any food. I chose this food because my vet recommended it. Its primary ingredient is meat, and it doesn't have any fillers. My boy has been on it for almost two years, and I've never had any stomach or other issues. I highly recommend it, and so does Indy!
Simple and the dogs will eat it
Merrick dry foods often smell like chemicals and I think it happens when the product gets old and stale. This dry food is simple, small pieces, and my senior dogs (all five of them) will eat this one dry food. I'm opposed to grain free for senior dogs who need some carbs and fiber in their diet. Food that is too rich in protein is hard on senior dogs' pancreas and kidneys.