Merrick Limited Ingredient Diet Grain-Free Real Duck Pate Recipe Canned Cat Food, case of 24
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- All Merrick recipes are crafted in Hereford, Texas and cooked in the USA at facilities that uphold strict FDA guidelines.
- Real deboned duck is the first ingredient in this limited ingredient recipe.
- Single-source, high quality protein provides important amino acids, vitamins and minerals to support healthy muscles and energy levels.
- Contains zero grains, potatoes, or artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
- Filled with antioxidants to boost immunity, omegas for a healthy skin and coat plus added vitamins, minerals and taurine to support overall health.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Merrick Purrfect Bistro Rabbit Pate Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$59.52Chewy Price$66.96List Price$56.54Autoship Price
- Merrick Limited Ingredient Diet Grain-Free Real Turkey Pate Recipe Canned Cat Food, 5-oz, case of 24$57.12Chewy Price$62.16List Price$54.26Autoship Price
- Merrick Limited Ingredient Diet Grain-Free Real Chicken Pate Recipe Canned Cat Food, 2.75-oz, case of 24$35.52Chewy Price$40.56List Price$33.74Autoship Price
- I and Love and You Whascally Wabbit Pate Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24$32.99Chewy Price$38.99List Price$31.34Autoship Price
- Instinct Limited Ingredient Diet Grain-Free Pate Real Turkey Recipe Natural Wet Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$62.16Chewy Price$59.05Autoship Price
- Freely Rabbit Recipe Limited Ingredient Grain-Free Wet Cat Food, 5.5-oz can, 12 count$43.99Chewy Price$50.99List Price$41.79Autoship Price
- Merrick Backcountry Grain-Free Morsels in Gravy Real Rabbit Recipe Cuts Cat Food Pouches, 3-oz, case of 24$40.32Chewy Price$45.36List Price$38.30Autoship Price
- Instinct Grain-Free Minced Recipe with Real Rabbit Wet Cat Food Cups, 3.5-oz, case of 12$26.28Chewy Price$27.48List Price$24.97Autoship Price
- Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Duck & Green Pea Formula Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$49.92Chewy Price$47.42Autoship Price
- Ziwi Peak Rabbit & Lamb Recipe Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24$101.76Chewy Price$96.67Autoship Price
- Ziwi Peak Mackerel Recipe Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24$79.68Chewy Price$75.70Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Deboned Duck, Water for Processing, Natural Flavor...||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver...||Deboned Turkey, Turkey Broth, Turkey Liver...||Turkey, Turkey Broth, Turkey Liver...||Rabbit, Water, Pea Protein...|
|Food Flavor||Duck, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Turkey, Poultry||Turkey, Poultry||Rabbit, Meat|
|Special Diet||Limited Ingredient Diet, Grain-Free, Gluten Free...||Limited Ingredient Diet, Grain-Free, Gluten Free...||Limited Ingredient Diet, Grain-Free, Gluten Free...||Sensitive Digestion, Limited Ingredient Diet, Grain-Free...||Sensitive Digestion, Limited Ingredient Diet, Grain-Free...|
Questions & Answers
17 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
147 Customer Reviews
Cats loved it, but their stomachs didn't after a while
Our cats LOVED this Duck formula, but it did not help my kitty with chronic digestive issues. Then, our other cat started having similar issues after being on this food for over a year. We finally decided to switch brands to something new, and now the digestive issues are resolving. That said, Chewy Customer Service is amazing and was so helpful in determining what to do with leftover cans from my last auto-ship.
Something must have changed according to the cat consensus.
I hate to leave a negative review. That said, this is for the product and not at all a criticism of Chewy. I love Chewy! I used this particular item for a couple of years for both cats because it helped with digestive issues they were having. Now, one cat is on a special Rx diet for kidney health and the other cat, who used to LOVE this flavor and texture food, eats a few morsels and walks away. She will not have anything to do with this food anymore. I just gave a couple of cans from this last case to a friend to see if her cats would eat it. Both of her indoor females wouldn’t eat it and neither would a male stray in the barn. Hmmm. It seems the more recent cases of this food are different from the ones before. I don’t even feel good about giving the remaining cans to a shelter for fear something might actually be wrong with it. Too bad it went from a favorite to one to avoid.
Newest batch lacking
Chiming in with people who are having issues with the batch with expiration date Jan 2024. It is dry, dark in color, tacky, and my kitty isn't having it. I have a case with a different expiration date, and it is moist, the right color, and, according to my cat, delicious. Chewy was great with the refund, but these cases need to be recalled.
This is awesome!!
My Hershey absolutely loves her Merrick Limited Ingredient Diet Duck. Since being sick a few months ago, she’s developed a sensitive tummy and become extremely picky as to what she’ll eat. She devours this which makes for a happy Meowma. Hershey just celebrated her 14th birthday on May 8th 2022 and I want to feed her the best food so she’s with me for years to come. Hershey gives this food two paws up.
watery and pricey
My elderly cat really loved the Organic Farms version of this product. Merrick stopped production and now sells this at a 40% price hike for smaller cans containing more liquid than the original. Disappointing, but my cat loves duck.
Food Appears to be Overcooked
Confirming issues with lot expiration date of Jan 2024. No moisture in this food and it appears to have been overcooked (dark brown/grainy) . My cat will not touch the over cooked food which is a huge problem since she has IBD, heart problems and is a picky eater. Its disappointing that Merrick; who I called and has provided a great product in the past is dismissive of costumer concerns and complaints. This lot should be recalled immediately.
Product described as Pate. This product is very grainy & very wet. Unable to cut & remove it as I could Whole Earth brand of pate. The cats like it but I much prefer texture of Whole Earth which was unavailable via retail or online.
Just reordered new case. My senior cat usually eats it without problem. The texture, consistency of product, color is def different. If she eats it, she’s spitting out pieces with her tongue! If I try to spoon in bowl, it has a granular substance which I hope it isn’t bones since first ingredient is deboned duck. It crumbles in bowl rather than smooth. I was hoping that maybe it was just an odd can but it’s not. Very disappointing.
Something wrong with the latest batch
The latest batch with an expiration date of Jan 2024 is really bad. My cats won't touch it. It's dark, dry and grainy. Chewy sent me a new case but it's the same batch. I spoke with Merrick and they insist it's just the fat on top but it's not the same food texture at all. I have been buying up all of the old cans locally but I'm running out of options.
I rarely write reviews, but I am finally at my wit's end with this food and want to explain why I will no longer be wasting my money on it. For a food that is supposed to be for cats with sensitive symptoms, there is no care taken by Merrick to have consistency with the formula. Every single case is completely different to a point where it does not even look like the same food, and each time it changes my cats struggle with it. Sometimes it's extremely watery and light brown in color, sometimes it's thick and chunky and dark, other times it's in between. It's NEVER the same. I have 3 cats, two with IBD issues, which is why I buy this in the 1st place, and none of them will eat the current batch I received. The last one? They licked their bowls clean. It's been hit or miss for over a year, and I need to find something that I'm not taking a gamble that my cats will not eat with each order I place.