Nature's Ocean Bio-Activ Live Aragonite Saltwater Aquarium Sand, Natural White #1
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- 100% real ocean sand is collected in its natural environment using a patented process that preserves all bacteria in their natural live state.
- 10 million natural live marine heterrotophic, autotrophic and chemolithotrophic bacteria per pound provide proper inorganic balance.
- Instant cycling eliminates nitrogenous waste including ammonia and nitrite and restores natural organic balance to provide a safe environment.
- Live aragonite helps reduce harmful nitrate, maintain proper pH and enhance buffering capacity, along with providing essential inorganic elements.
- Sand granules measure 0.5-1.7 mm; also includes trace elements and critical nutrients needed to maintain ideal tank water quality.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Pure Water Pebbles Bio-Activ Live African Cichlid Aquarium Substrate, Rift Lake, 20-lb bag$26.99Chewy Price$27.02List Price
- Exotic Pebbles Natural Washed Black Gravel, Black, 20-lb$25.99Chewy Price
- Pure Water Pebbles African Cichlid Aquarium Substrate, Malawi Mix, 20-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$22.99List Price
- Pure Water Pebbles Frosted Aquarium Gravel, Silver, 5-lb bag$5.22Chewy Price$5.59List Price
- Pure Water Pebbles Coated Aquarium Gravel, Currant Red, 5-lb bag$5.49Chewy Price
- Nature's Ocean Bio-Activ Live Aragonite Saltwater Aquarium Sand, Reef Substrate, 8-lb bag$12.54Chewy Price$16.99List Price
- Exotic Pebbles Jade Bean Pebbles, 20-lb bag$25.99Chewy Price
- Sungrow Shrimp Mineral Rocks for Molting, Aquarium Calcium Supplement, 1.8-oz$8.95Chewy Price$15.99List Price$8.50Autoship Price
- CaribSea Super Naturals Torpedo Beach Freshwater Sand, 20-lb bag$26.92Chewy Price
- Pisces USA Oolitic Aragonite Aquarium Sand, 20-lb bag$32.33Chewy Price$35.92List Price
- GloFish Aquarium Sand, 5-lb bag$7.42Chewy Price$8.09List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Fish Type||Marine Fish, Marine Invertebrate||Marine Fish, Marine Invertebrate||Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater|
Questions & Answers
12 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
18 Customer Reviews
Buy Caribsea this sand has an awful manure smell
I was very disappointed, my sand smelled like manure from day 1. The bag was not damaged or expired. It's been 1 month and the smell has not gone away. I tried contacting the company who sells this and they asked to call but never got back to me. I regret this purchase 100%. Do not buy this product.
Not for hamsters it’s wet
Got this for hamsters and didn’t realize it was going to be wet. It is.
Great cheap sand
I've used this in several tanks now, it's a great price point and it's decent live sand.
one bag was opened when it arrived.the box was wet
I would like a bag to replace the one that’s torn.
Perfect for a nano tank
Exactly what I ordered. Looks great in my nano aquarium
Good looking natural sand, white in color
Received 160 lbs. The dates on bags showed it to be about 4 months old, well sealed and wet inside with no leaks. It did have some odor to it. I added entire contents of bag without rinsing and it took the typical time it takes for a new set up to clear. It is sugar sand, the 1-1.5 mm grain size is not accurate. High flow blows it around some so put a rock where it craters or you will be fixing your bed every few days. I like the look of it and I've had coarser beds before so I'll enjoy this for a change of pace. I will add lots of Nassarius snails after a while and leave it alone.
Loved it. It's just as described.
Showed up on time. Still wet like it should be to keep living biological alive. No odor. Very pretty white color. Its somewhat fine with some bigger pieces. It settled very quickly in my 90 gallon aquarium.
Very happy with this live sand! This is what we used to start our first salt water tank and it has been great :)
It was I was looking for and I had problems adding it with my fish in the tank
I am very happy I needed to add more sand to my tank. And it was I was looking for.
not what was described
The description says 1-1.5 mm grain size. Wrong this is sugar sand with a few shell pieces tossed in. Four days to clear up. Had to clean out filters daily because they were plugged up and overflowing.