Oxbow Organic Meadow Hay Small Animal FoodBy Oxbow
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
About This Item
- Grass hay is absolutely vital to the health of small herbivores. It provides not only fiber, but environmental enrichment that mimics your pet’s natural habitat. As the caregiver, it is your responsibility to offer your pet hay every day.
- Grown without the use of chemical, this product is 100% organically grown. Offer your pet what they would naturally forage for in the wild!
- Hay is a variable product because it is grown in natural conditions. Each season creates hay that will look, feel and taste different. Composed of a variety of naturally-occurring hays.
- Ideal for picky eaters as this product features enticing textures, fragrances and tastes.
- The USDA Organic Seal on this product indicates that over 95% of the ingredients in this product are produced by certified organic farmers who emphasize the use of renewable resources and the conservation of soil and water to enhance environmental quality for future generations.
New look, same great formula! This product has recently undergone a packaging change. Customers may receive old packaging during this transition.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||100% Organic Meadow Hay.||100% Orchard Grass Preservative and Additive Free. Loose Hay Contains Stems, Leaves, and Limited Seed Heads....||100% Timothy Hay. Preservative and Additive Free. Loose Hay Contains Stems, Leaves, and Limited Seed Heads....||Timothy Hay.||Sun-Cured Orchardgrass Hay.|
|Small Pet Type||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu||Degu, Chinchilla, Guinea Pig, Rabbit||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu|
|Health Feature||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health|
|Special Diet||Organic, High Fiber||Low-Protein, High Fiber||Low-Protein, High Fiber||High Fiber||High Fiber|
|Hay Type||Meadow||Orchard Grass||Timothy||Timothy||Orchard Grass|
Questions & Answers
6 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
76 Customer Reviews
MY GUINEA PIGS...LOVE IT!
I TRY TO KEEP VARIETY IN MY GUINEA PIGS FEEDINGS..THEY LOVE THIS..
This meadow hay was purchased for my sulcatta tortoise. He loves it and so do I. Smells fresh and is soft! Thank you Chewy for carrying this product and many more.
I didn't realize this contained a blend which included alfalfa. Guinea pigs over 6 months should not have alfalfa. Good for babies.
My piggies love it but me, not so much
I prefer the hay to be loose because this comes in a bale and is hard to separate for my guinea pigs. So my guinea pigs basically played in it more than eating it. The other thing is why isn't this a resealable package? I had to take it all out and put it in a resealable bag so it doesn't get everywhere. I figured Oxbow was the best, but the packaging sure wasn't!
Good treat hay
Bought this as a treat hay. It’s very good quality. Soft and green. I do appear to be slightly allergic to it, but oh well. My boys really like it.
Ready for fun!
It is so convenient and so much fun ordering all our pet supplies all at once...occasionally!
My Guinea Pigs Love It!
I like to give my Guinea Pigs a variety of hay. (when it is 75% of your diet, Timothy Hay just gets boring) This is one of their favorites. I put it in their smaller hay bin on their loft. They get so excited when I fluff it or add more.
Guinea pig not eating
I bought this product because thunder my guinea pig wasn't eating enough hay so I mixed it with her regular hay and got her eating hay again. So if you have a guinea pig being finicky i recommend buying the oxbow meadow hay and mixing it with your regular hay
Would not recommend
I was very disappointed with this purchase. The entire bag was very small pieces of hay. No long strands whatsoever. I had the same experience with their small bag of botanical hay. I purchased a large bag of meadow hay and that hay was long and lovely. Perhaps it is just their small bags. Either way it was a disappointment and basically had to throw the whole bag out as my rabbit could/would not eat it. All it created was a giant mess. The picture shows some decent pieces from the bag actually ...most were smaller than that even. :(
Freshest Store bought hay
I just love Oxbow Hay. Its always fresh and my picky rabbit eats it up. We like to mix the different flavors Oxbow has.