Pimobendan Compounded Capsule for Dogs & Cats
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
Pimobendan is an inodilator that may be prescribed for congestive heart failure. Pimobendan Compounded capsule is a blue and white elongated capsule made specifically for your pet. Please note your capsules may be either blue and opaque-white or blue and clear. There has been no change to the medication's formulation, this only impacts the capsule's appearance.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Furosemide (Generic) Tablets For Dogs & Cats, 12.5-mg, 1 tablet$0.24Chewy Price$0.23Autoship Price
- Enalapril Maleate (Generic) Tablets, 2.5-mg, 1 tablet$0.15Chewy Price$0.14Autoship Price
- Pimobendan Compounded Capsule for Dogs & Cats, 1.5-mg, 1 Capsule$0.87Chewy Price$0.83Autoship Price
- Spironolactone (Generic) Tablets, 25-mg, 1 tablet$0.18Chewy Price$0.17Autoship Price
- Theophylline Compounded Capsule for Dogs & Cats, 25-mg, 1 Capsule$0.70Chewy Price$0.66Autoship Price
- Salix (Furosemide) Tablets for Dogs & Cats, 12.5-mg, 1 tablet$0.19Chewy Price
- Pimobendan Compounded Oral Liquid Beef Flavored for Dogs & Cats, 1-mg/mL, 30 mL$61.25Chewy Price$58.19Autoship Price
- Meloxicam Compounded Capsule for Dogs & Cats, 2-mg, 1 Capsule$0.71Chewy Price$0.67Autoship Price
ReviewsWrite a Review
28 Customer Reviews
Needs more dose options
This medicine is given to my dog for his enlarged heart. It works I think but it is always hard to tell. He is still wheezing/coughing from time to time but I am sure it is helping more than it is not. My only complaint is that he needs 5mg and chewy offers 4mg and 6mg but no 5. I am currently giving him one 2mg and one 3mg which is frustrating. It should be just ONE 5 mg pill. Chewy- please do something about this!
I Didn't Realize
Sorry, I don't think I realized our dog Lucy's meds were gonna be capsules from Chewy. I can't get her to take them even if I try to put it in some bacon. She eats the bacon and leaves the capsule. She was taking her liquid medicine we were getting from a different place and the cost went up to high so we decided to get it from Chewy. What I decided to try is put some beef broth into a glass, just enough to fill her syringe, then open the capsule and dump it into the glass. Then fill her syringe with the liquid. She takes it but it's just time consuming. We may go back to the liquid. At $89.00 a bottle.
These meds are helping my dog live longer! Thank you Chewy for making it more affordable.
THESE PILLS ARE WONDERFUL FOR MY CUTIE PIE
AT FIRST, I THOUGHT THAT MAYBE THESE PILLS WOULD BE MORE DIFFICULT TO ADMINISTER TO MY SHIH-TZU, CUTIE PIE, BUT THEY ARE NOT. PLUS, THESE PILLS, A 1.5 mg, AND A 1 mg, WERE QUITE A BIT LESS EXPENSIVE THAN THE OTHERS, THAT HAD THE SAME MEDICINE IN THEM. THANK YOU, CHEWY, FOR LOWERING OUR (mine and cutie pie's) MEDICAL BILL THROUGH THE SCRIPTS !! REGARDS, DAVE
more sizes needed
Please start making it in a 2.5mg!! I get all my dogs heart medicines through chewy except this one because of skipping this dosage size.
So Thankful for Chewy. I almost lost my Boy Chance. This medication is so expensive and to keep him alive this is his life-saving meds to be taken everyday. Being on a fixed income and affording these medications are possible with Chewy’s help. Thank You so Much for letting me keep him with me longer.
Chewy carries it!
Love that Chewy carries this product. I was getting it from a different mail order compounding pharmacy and they had terrible customer service and a shady pricing structure. I still have to use that other pharmacy for my other pup’s prescription strength and hope that Chewy starts carrying it in the 2.5mg strength so that I can switch hers as well!
Chewy makes it so easy for me to get the medication needed for my 15 yr old dog.
Good med for beagles
This was good for our 16 yr old beagle- she passed this week :(
Seems to be working
My 19lb 11 year old Shih Tzu has MVHD and is a stage B2 with heart enlargement. He was having rapid heart beats and illregular heartbeats before starting this medicine. Only on it 30 days and it has reduced his rapid heart rate. Only side effect is lethargy about 3 weeks after taking pill. Gonna keep him on it and monitor him.