Purina Pro Plan Adult 7+ Shredded Blend Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Made with high-quality protein, including real chicken as the number 1 ingredient
- Fortified with guaranteed live probiotics to support digestive and immune health
- Hard kibble mixed with tender meaty pieces create a delightful experience for your dog
- Used to be known as SAVOR Shredded Blend Chicken and Rice Formula
- EPA, an omega-3 fatty acid, and glucosamine help support his joint health and mobility
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealAmerican Journey Senior Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$54.99Chewy Price$52.24Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan 7+ Complete Essentials Shredded Blend Beef & Rice Formula High Protein Dog Food, 34-lb bag$65.98Chewy Price$68.99List Price$62.68Autoship Price
- DealAmerican Journey Senior Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$65.99Chewy Price$62.69Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Adult Weight Management Shredded Blend Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food, 34-lb bag$65.98Chewy Price$68.99List Price$62.68Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Sensitive Skin & Stomach 7+ Salmon & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food, 16-lb bag$49.98Chewy Price$52.49List Price$47.48Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Bright Mind Adult 7+ Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food, 30-lb bag$73.98Chewy Price$76.99List Price$70.28Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Adult Weight Management Formula Dry Dog Food, 34-lb bag$65.98Chewy Price$68.99List Price$62.68Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Weight Management Chicken Adult Small Breed Formula Dry Dog Food, 18-lb bag$42.99Chewy Price$52.49List Price$40.84Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan High Protein Shredded Blend Chicken & Rice Formula with Probiotics Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$18.28Chewy Price$20.29List Price$17.37Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Complete Essentials Shredded Blend Turkey & Rice Formula High Protein Dry Dog Food, 33-lb bag$63.98Chewy Price$66.99List Price$60.78Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Small Breed Adult Sensitive Skin & Stomach Formula Dry Dog Food, 30-lb bag$65.98Chewy Price$68.99List Price$62.68Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Specialized Sensitive Skin & Stomach Turkey & Oat Meal Formula High Protein Dry Dog Food, 16-lb bag$52.49Chewy Price$49.87Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Chicken, Rice, Poultry By-Product Meal...||Beef, Rice, Poultry By-Product Meal...||Chicken Meal, Cracked Pearled Barley, Brewers Rice...||Chicken Meal, Cracked Pearled Barley, Brewers Rice...||Chicken Meal, Cracked Pearled Barley, Brewers Rice...|
|Special Diet||High-Protein, With Grain||High-Protein||Natural, With Grain||Limited Ingredient Diet, With Grain||With Grain|
|Health Feature||Appetite Stimulation, Digestive Health, Immune Support...||Senior Care, Digestive Health, Appetite Stimulation...||Digestive Health, Vitamins & Minerals||Digestive Health, Vitamins & Minerals, Skin & Coat Health||Digestive Health, Vitamins & Minerals|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Beef||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
Questions & Answers
18 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
445 Customer Reviews
Great, as always
I use the Autoship for my dog food which makes it very reliable. It is easy to adjust the delivery date as well as to modify the order items. The shipments arrive within a few days, packed very well. I also like the wide variety available since my dog is moving into his senior years and I am starting to adjust his diet a little. Would be nice if Chewy would stick closer to the actual order date I have selected. The dates I select coincide with the closing dates for my credit card. Since I am on a fixed income it is important that I try to hit a new cc cycle for each order. In the past, when I selected a date that was either on the closing date or a day or two later, Chewy processed my order a couple days early and thus the charge went on my current cycle, increasing my balance too early. Now I am sure that my 'order date' is several days AFTER the closing date on my cc. Not really an issue, I just have to remember to check the Autoship dates when the reminders are sent to me via email and adjust accordingly.
So far, so good
I started getting this for my dog after my other dog passed (I want to do as much as possible to give the baby I have left the most comfortable and long life I can). They are small pieces but my fourteen year old is jogging on two mile walks, several times a week, it's incredible! This with turmeric, bone broth and glucosamine has worked miracles!
Formula change? Poor quality
I have bought this same dog food at least 15 times. There has always been shredded chunks along with the square kibble. This bag is missing the shredded chunks! I kept hoping I'd find them all settled to the bottom of the bag but that is not the case. My Golden Retriever had never had a problem with this food. However the bag that I received in June is a different story. He does not want to eat it. I gave up & ordered a bag of Purina Pro Plan Adult 7+ shredded blend BEEF. It just arrived today & when I opened the new bag there were shredded chunks that were visible immediately & he happily ate it with no problem. Possibly the previous bag that I received was a mistake by Purina?? I'll be looking at a different brand as I'm not happy with Purina.
My dogs absolutely love food better than anything else I have given them - it even smells healthier - no stomach upsets, solid stools - will not buy anything else.
Tiny pieces, smaller than peas. Not for larger breeds
Just got my order. Shows a golden retriever and have gotten the regular chicken and rice with shredded pieces prior. The pieces are tiny, smaller than peas. The soft bite parts are not much bigger. Had to look for them. Must have changed their formula or just the senior one. Too small for him to chew - just inhales. Not for a large breed dog. The puppy chow even has bigger bites than this
Chewy.com Customer Service Rules
My first order with Chewy.com arrived in excellent condition and on time. However, I discovered that the Purina Proplan shredded chicken and rice +7 for large breeds in the 34 lb. size bag was not what I expected. The kibble was/is much smaller than what my dog is accustomed to. Attempting to transition, I served it to him on more than five consecutive occasions. And, with each of those meals, he consumed only half of his normal amount. I was throwing away expensive dog food. Therefore, I contacted Chewy.com customer service. The representative and I researched alternative products. It turns out that, in all likelihood, I should have ordered item #67519, instead of the product that is the subject of this review. In my opinion, what created confusion in selecting products is that Purina changed the dog images on the subject bags. The respective contents share the same word-for-word description, except one product (the one my dog doesn’t like) indicates a +7. The Purina product consisting of small kibble now comes in a bag featuring a Golden Retriever, the same image that appeared on the bag containing the larger kibble for years. In any event, Chewy.com customer service was extremely courteous, helpful, and exemplary. The representative did not hesitate to issue me a refund. I highly recommend Chewy.com. Buy with confidence.
We really like just how promptly our orders come. We have been looking locally for the peanut butter and banana treats our pup enjoys with no success.Chewy is the only place we were able to get them.
Great food but dog doesn't like the "shredded" part
This is a good food. Purchased the shredded blend because that is all that was in stock for Adult 7+. Dog eats everything but the "shredded" nuggets which is a little wasteful.
my very picky boy likes it
I see people not liking how small the kibble is but I’m guessing since it’s a senior line it’s because senior dogs are more prone to dental issues and some may need smaller pieces, either way my big dog doesn’t mind it. He’s VERY picky about kibble and this food is a win!!
I’ve been using this dry kibble for several years, but switched to 7+ when my two greyhounds reached senior age. I always top it with their favorite home cooked food but they like it alone for in between times.