Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Dry Cat Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Food sensitivities generally appear in pets as gastrointestinal upset and/or intense scratching or itching. It can develop at any life stage, even after eating the same food for years without problems. Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA has been specifically formulated to help manage food sensitivities with a single protein source.
- The single, hydrolyzed protein source is highly digestible for optimum nutrient absorption. Hydrolyzing means that the protein has been broken down into smaller components, specifically an average molecular weight below 12,200 daltons. Because of this, it's less likely to cause a negative response in your food-sensitive cat.
- A single, low allergen carbohydrate source is included to minimize the risk of food related reactions. It's a source of Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) which don't require energy for absorption, use, or storage.
- Suited for cats that have food allergic gastroenteritis or dermatitis, food intolerance, inflammatory bowel disease, or pancreatitis.
- Made in the USA!
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Dry Cat Food, 10-lb bag$57.99Chewy Price$55.09Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PR Dry Cat Food, 8.8-lb bag$83.99Chewy Price$79.79Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet d/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Duck & Green Pea Dry Cat Food, 8.5-lb bag$77.99Chewy Price$74.09Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Naturals Wet Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$68.99Chewy Price$65.54Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Wet Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$60.99Chewy Price$57.94Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Naturals Dry Cat Food, 10-lb bag$65.99Chewy Price$62.69Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Wet Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$84.99Chewy Price$80.74Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PD Dry Cat Food, 8.8-lb bag$83.99Chewy Price$79.79Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$38.99Chewy Price$37.04Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet HF Hydrolyzed for Food Intolerance Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 7-lb bag$55.59Chewy Price$56.98List Price$52.81Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PD Loaf Canned Cat Food, 5.1-oz, case of 24$95.76Chewy Price$90.97Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets OM Overweight Management Dry Cat Food, 16-lb bag$77.99Chewy Price$74.09Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Rice Starch, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein Isolate, Partially Hydrogenated Canola Oil Preserved with Tbhq...||Soy Protein Isolate, Poultry By-Product Meal, Corn Gluten Meal...||Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken, Poultry By-Product Meal...||Corn Gluten Meal, Tuna, Barley...||Chicken Meal, Soy Protein Isolate, Brewers Rice...|
|Special Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Hydrolyzed Protein||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, Natural, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Tuna, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health||Digestive Health||Urinary Tract Health||Kidney Care||Digestive Health|
|Food Form||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food|
Questions & Answers
18 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
185 Customer Reviews
best prescription diet
I have 20 cats, they have been on several prescription diets for weight maintenance. They gained weight on all the other diets. Finally, a weight maintenance diet that actually works, and my cats love it! I have a few chonky cats, and since we have transitioned to Purina Pro Plan HA, my chonks are loosing weight, and are more active. Happy we made the switch, we highly recommend PPP HA.
Food made the difference
I didn’t believe it but my cats discomfort (itching and scratching) was caused by his food. Once he had the prescription food he began to get much much better and now he’s good to go.
Kitty Digestive Problems
Vet recommended for my Kitties’ digestive problems. Coco was previously eating then throwing up shortly after finishing her food. That has since stopped. My other kitty, Missy, kept having bouts of diarrhea and having accidents in inappropriate areas of our home almost daily. Her stools have since firmed up and she has only had 2 accidents in 3 weeks. Chewy was the only pet store in my area to carry the veterinarian’s recommended pet food. They got it to me in 2 days. Amazing. Also, my kitties liked the flavor. I had no problems switching to the new pet diet.
Barney is on special diet
To change up his selective protein food for variety....Dr said try hydrolyzed . Barney still regurgitates it....can't have it soooo won't be buying more....not the foods fault....Barney has health problems
Great food for allergies
My cat recently lost some fur. We thought it was an environmental allergy, but all modifications didn't resolve the issue. Diet was the next thing. I made one small change, the dry food and that cleared up the issue 90%. I was worried that my cat wouldn't like this food, but he loves it.
Yes.. this crazy dedicated cat woman tasted it. it's very salty and It smells good. I like it because the poop odor isn't noticeable. My cat eats it because that's all he's allowed to eat due to his severe skin allergies. Since eating this food and his previous food Science Diet z/d he hasn't produced a tootsie roll only very soft scrambled egg texture poop. I did mix the two brands before switching and both foods actually cause the same texture poop. My cat get's serum allergy injections for his extreme itchiness every few weeks. I'm hoping the food along with the meds makes a significant difference.
Has not been well tolerated
Unfortunately my cat is not tolerating this food and I guess I will need to switch to another type
seems to be a hit for our crew
One of my cats has allergies to proteins and her Veterinarian prescribed Royal Canin HP originally. She didn't really seem to like it, not to mention having no variety. We were able to give her the Hill's Z/D, but that didn't seem to be much of a hit. When we found this food she, and the other cats, seem to love it! highly recommend if you are struggling with this type of need and your kitty wants some variety.
Cat Will Not Eat This
I purchased several types of hydrolyzed protein foods for my cat. Hills Z/D, Blue, Royal Canin, and this Purina Pro Plan. My cat will eat all of them except this, which she refuses to eat. I put it in her bowl, she sniffs it, and walks away. I have even tried mixing it in with the Royal Canin but she won't touch it. It's a shame because it's $35 for a 4lb bag. I guess I will give it away or have to throw it out.
She likes it!
Vet had to order and we were worried our Pearl cat wouldn’t eat it. But she most certainly does. Chewy is an excellent resource for us. Always keeps us informed about shipping and stock on hand. People that work there are very friendly and helpful. Been ordering from them for years.