Royal Canin Large Joint Care Dry Dog Food, 30-lb bag
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Corn, Chicken By-Product Meal, Wheat...||Chicken By-Product Meal, Brewers Rice, Wheat...||Brewers Rice, Chicken By-Product Meal, Oat Groats...||Chicken, Cracked Pearled Barley, Brown Rice...||Salmon, Rice, Whole Grain Wheat...|
|Special Diet||With Grain||With Grain||High-Protein, Pea-Free, With Grain||Weight Control, With Grain||High-Protein, High Fiber, With Grain|
|Health Feature||Skin & Coat Health, Hip & Joint Support||Hip & Joint Support||—||Digestive Health, Vitamins & Minerals, Weight Management||Appetite Stimulation, Skin & Coat Health, Immune Support...|
|Breed Size||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Medium Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Turkey, Poultry||Salmon, Seafood & Fish|
About This Item
- Formulated for large adult dogs 15 months and older weighing 56-100 lb to support healthy joints.
- Joint support diet promotes bone and joint health with advanced nutrients like collagen.
- Supports healthy weight management with adapted calorie content.
- To please picky eaters, mix with Royal Canin Joint Care Wet Dog Food.
- In combination with regular exercise, this formula provides joint and bone support for large breeds.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- American Journey Active Life Formula Healthy Weight Chicken, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Dry Dog Food, 28-lb bag$50.53Chewy Price$48.00Autoship Price
- DealHolistic Select Adult Health Grain-Free Deboned Turkey & Lentils Recipe Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$18.99Autoship Price
- DealAmerican Journey Active Life Formula Healthy Weight Salmon, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Dry Dog Food, 28-lb$49.49Chewy Price$47.02Autoship Price
- DealWellness Petite Entrees Casserole with Tender Chicken, Green Beans & Carrots Grain-Free Wet Dog Food, 3-oz, case of 24$47.76Chewy Price$45.37Autoship Price
- DealHill's Science Diet Adult Healthy Mobility Small Bites Chicken Meal, Brown Rice & Barley Recipe Dry Dog Food, 15.5-lb bag$46.99Chewy Price$51.99List Price$44.64Autoship Price
- Primal Duck Formula Nuggets Grain-Free Raw Freeze-Dried Dog Food, 5.5-oz bag$19.98Chewy Price$20.00List Price$18.98Autoship Price
- K9 Natural Beef Feast Raw Grain-Free Freeze-Dried Dog Food, 4-lb bag$128.99Chewy Price$122.54Autoship Price
- DealAvoDerm Natural Grain-Free Sensitive Support Duck Recipe Adult Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$20.99Chewy Price$19.94Autoship Price
- Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken in Gravy Grain-Free Canned Dog Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$55.99Chewy Price$57.36List Price$53.19Autoship Price
- DealDiamond Naturals Grain-Free Chicken & Sweet Potato Formula Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$15.99Chewy Price$15.19Autoship Price
- DealWysong Adult Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$11.89Chewy Price$11.30Autoship Price
- Weruva Steak Frites with Beef, Pumpkin & Sweet Potatoes in Gravy Grain-Free Canned Dog Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$69.99Chewy Price$71.76List Price$66.49Autoship Price
Questions & Answers
10 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
69 Customer Reviews
My dog really likes it.
Honestly, I haven't been using it long enough to comment on effectiveness but I can tell you that my dog immediately ate it all up WITHOUT me having to add fresh chicken like I always do. He loves it and that is important too. The chunks are quite large but he eats them anyway. I will be purchasing this again and I feel confident that we will see improvement with a little more time.
Picky Poodle Fuel!
I didn’t even know about this specific RC formula until I just happened upon it on Chewy. I was looking into Royal Canin formulas (specifically the large breed adult formula) because I have an EXTREMELY picky standard poodle. When I say picky though I don’t mean just leaving some kibbles behind in the bowl.. I’m talking not eating for days because he doesn’t like a food. We have tried everything from Bil Jac to ProPlan and Inukshuk and everything in between. This so far is the ONLY food he got noticeably excited for the moment he smelled it inside the bag. He devoured the entire first bowl in one sitting! That’s been unheard of from him until now! I decided to give this food a try after stumbling upon it and reading all the reviews from other owners of picky dogs. I am so happy I tried it out! I also loved how vacuum sealed this bag was! No air inside. Basically a brick. Which is GREAT for freshness since even sealed food sitting in bags on shelves with air start to get stale/bad. Definitely will be making this our go to food. He is an assistance dog that does dog show competitions and sports so he needs good fuel!
I bought this for my 55 pound Ridgeback who needs joint support due to elbow dysplasia. She was eating Pro Plan Focus large breed and was doing well, but has gotten a little pudgy. She is right on the edge of being a regular dog and a "large breed" as far as weight charts go. I didn't like the super low fat weight management formulas that I looked at, but did want a lower calorie diet for her as she is not a highly active dog. This formula is around 100 calories less per cup than Focus and is meant for maintenance. She loves the hard squares which are crunchier than the Pro Plan and there are next to no crumbs in the bag. My older dogs have trouble chewing these, but just gulp them down anyway. This food also comes in a resealable bag, which is unheard of for other brands' 30 pound bags.
I have two dogs, a terrier and husky. When we bought this dog food originally, it was for the terrier and my husky loved it. So I decided to buy food that was dedicated her joints, thinking she would love it as much as the terrier formula. Took her about a week to get used to but my husky seems to like her food. She doesn’t lick the plate clean yet but she’s eating more than I expected so hopefully she continues to progress. I gave this 5 stars because I love that the kibble isn’t powdery, they feel like high quality kibble and it doesn’t smell bad either.
I'm a believer (Siberian Husky)
I was sceptical when reading other reviews which said their dogs would rat around their old food because they prefer this one. It's true. The day we started mixing in the adult food from Royal Canine, the puppy wouldn't eat his old food. He just ate around and pulled out these RC kibbles. I thought it was weird but he loves the bigger kibble, which provide less of a crunch and I'm guessing more flavor.
No more blue buffalo
My ten year old husky has decided he loves this food better then blue buffalo and he had been eating blue for the past few years. Amazing how he would pic through the bowl and only eat the Royal Canin.
My pup LOVES this food!
I started switching my puppy over to the Royal Canin Large Joint Care Dog food from the Large Puppy Kibble and he absolutely LOVES this formula. Since we're doing a slow food transition, we're still mixing in some of his puppy kibble and he will deliberately try to steal the joint care kibble out of the bag! As a plus, his stool also seems to be a bit firmer, which is not a bad thing. I'm pretty happy we're making the switch!
good for his hip dysplasia
We got this food to pair up with his Dasuquin chewy supplement because our handsome terrier mix rescue boy Paul has hip dysplasia since birth. He is now 3+years old. Paul is a very picky eater so we mix this with a wet canned food and he is eating it so far. Thank goodness! He used to be in pain a lot and would refused to eat but he is doing wonderful now and is staying active and playing tirelessly with his tennis balls and play fighting with his sister Mac and is happy all the time!
Dogs won’t touch it !
Such a bummer .. I was looking forward to this dog food .... my dogs are going hungry to avoid eating it ... it’s gone bad or something
My dog was never this excited about his other food.
Weeg LOVES this food! We bought it because he's a little older and when we'd hit the road for a walk, it would hit Weeg back by the next day. He practically dances when anticipating mealtime!