Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Early Cardiac Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- A highly digestible, palatable, complete and balanced adult dog food with nutrients essential to support dogs suffering from or at risk of cardiac disease.
- Contains eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acids, which are long chain omega-3 fatty acids for healthy cardiovascular function.
- Contains arginine, carnitine, and taurine for optimal cardiac health.
- Contains moderate, rather than severe, sodium restriction to reduce the workload on the heart.
- Preserved naturally with mixed tocopherols that boost a dog's immune system.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Dental Small Breed Dry Dog Food, 8.8-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal Dry Dog Food, 8.8-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Urinary SO Moderate Calorie Thin Slices In Gravy Canned Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 24$105.36Chewy Price$100.09Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Puppy Gastrointestinal Dry Dog Food, 8.8-lb bag$56.99Chewy Price$54.14Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Hydrolyzed Protein PS Dry Dog Food, 8.8-lb bag$57.99Chewy Price$55.09Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PW Moderate Calorie Dry Dog Food, 24.2-lb bag$131.99Chewy Price$125.39Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PW Large Breed Dog Food, 26.4-lb bag$137.99Chewy Price$131.09Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Hydrolyzed Protein Moderate Calorie Dry Dog Food, 7.7-lb bag$53.99Chewy Price$51.29Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Urinary SO Dry Dog Food, 17.6-lb bag$86.99Chewy Price$82.64Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal High Fiber Dry Dog Food, 8.8-lb bag$57.99Chewy Price$55.09Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Urinary UC Dry Dog Food, 18-lb bag$86.99Chewy Price$82.64Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal Loaf Canned Dog Food, 13.5-oz, case of 24$105.36Chewy Price$100.09Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Brewers Rice, Chicken Fat, Chicken Meal...||Brewers Rice, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Chicken Fat...||Chicken By-Product Meal, Brown Rice, Corn...||Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Poultry By-Products Aggregate, Coconut Oil...||Brewers Rice, Corn, Chicken Fat...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Special Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Limited Ingredient Diet, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet...||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Heart Care||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health||Digestive Health, High-Energy||Digestive Health||Urinary Tract Health|
Questions & Answers
15 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
151 Customer Reviews
Small dog loves it
I was bit worried the kibble might be too large, but my 9 lb. Chihuahua mix has no trouble with it. We always moisten her food anyway for digestion like our vet recommended. When we found out she has heart issues, we started trying to gradually transition her from the old food to the Royal Canin Cardiac. We were surprised when she picked out the Cardiac food - apparently liking it better than what she had been eating for years!
My picky sweet papillon, Fleur, was diagnosed with a heart murmur and I got this for her with the vet’s approval. She seems to love it!
Quick turnaround with referral from vet and fast delivery. Product in stock and best price around.
Good product for medium to large dogs.
I was seeking a quality new food for my 7 lb Maltese who was recently diagnosed with congestive heart failure. I have always used Royal Canin and few products were available. I believe it to be a good food for her, but the kibbles are too large and the smallest amount available will probably last more than a year. In order to get her to eat it, I ground it in my nutribullet and added chicken broth to moisten. I’m still experimenting and trust she is getting some good nutrition.
extended his life and gave him energy!
My chihuahua was diagnosed with congestive heart failure around 2016/2017, he was 14 at the time. We gave him his medicine everyday and he was doing well, but we wanted to take it an extra step and got him this. He had so much more energy than before and he would scarf it down. I felt like he ate more too which was wonderful since he was aging. Even before he passed away the doctor said he was impressed with how strong his heart sounded with having CHF for so many years. I do believe this food played a part in extending his life. He passed away just 4 months shy of 18.
Dog with CHF wont eat it
My 13 year old Shih-tzu was recently diagnosed with CHF so I set out to find the best dog food for his heart condition. My dogs already eat royal canine kibble and have done so for a few years now. It's the only kibble they will eat so when I saw that RC had a kibble for CHF naturally I purchased it figuring it would be an easy transition. But my dog has not touched it. I keep offering it to him hoping he will eat but he hasn't yet. I have no doubt its a good food for CHF but the kibble is bigger than what he eats currently. I don't know if thats why he won't eat it or if it just smells different to him. I believe the sodium content is the same as in the RC yorkie/ shih-tzu kibble(what they currently eat) as it is in the early cardiac. The only difference is it contains vitamins to help with his heart. I would still recommend this kibble.
She likes it
was very concerned about changing her food. She absolutely loves this stuff. I haven't see one single pellet from the first day and she is an absolute pig. The other food she would slop all over. This stuff I should give her a table cloth
Would never believe Apollo would eat every bite!
Apollo loves this dog food! He is a 10 year old Weimaraner who is still very active! He had some signs of a heart issue, so his doctor suggested Royal Canin Early Cardiac dog food.
small dog, picky eater approved
I have a almost 10 year old, 9 pound chihuahua. He’s always been a picky eater and prefers small pieces of food. I was worried this would be too big for him or that he wouldn’t like it. His previous food I had to put meat toppers on for him to regularly eat. He seems to really like this food so far! He eats it without toppers. Super glad he likes it!
My 7 lb Service Dog has a heart murmur!
My baby, who will be 12 in January and who is half Long-haired Chihuahua and half Italian Greyhound, was just diagnosed with a heart murmur, so he needs cardiac food, which this Royal Canin is special for and he is also taking CardioMAX vitamin chews, which he also takes daily.