Safari De-Matting Dog Comb
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic||Stainless Steel, Metal|
|Brush Type||Deshedding Tool||Deshedding Tool||Rake||Slicker Brush||Deshedding Tool|
|Breed Size||—||—||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||—||Medium Breeds|
|Grooming Tool Type||—||—||—||—||Groomer Accessory|
About This Item
- Designed to gently remove loose hair and eliminate tangles, knots and dander in dogs with medium to long hair.
- High-quality, rust-resistant, stainless steel serrated blades are sharp enough to cut through the toughest mats without pulling his hair.
- The rounded ends on each blade are designed to ensure your dog’s safety, even on sensitive skin.
- Groom and massage his coat with each stroke by increasing blood circulation to leave him looking and feeling great.
- Comfort-grip, anti-slip rubberized handle fits easily in your hand to help prevent hand and wrist strain.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Millers Forge Unbreakable Style Slicker Brush, Regular$8.00Chewy Price$8.45List Price
- Babyliss Pro Pet Pet Comb, Rose Gold, 6-5-in$13.99Chewy Price
- Pet Magasin Professional Grooming Set, Pack of 3, Green$18.49Chewy Price$19.99List Price
- Jespet Deshedding Dog Brush, Large$17.42Chewy Price$24.99List Price
- Katziela Silicone Dog Grooming Glove, Black$29.99Chewy Price
- Safari Bristle Dog Brush, Medium-Large$10.99Chewy Price
- Safari Bamboo Bristle Dog Brush, Small$12.49Chewy Price
- Greenbone Bamboo Pet Metal Pin Brush, Large$8.99Chewy Price
- CHI Fur Accumulator for Pets$7.99Chewy Price
- Martha Stewart Adjustable Strap Massage Bristle Dog Brush$10.28Chewy Price$10.29List Price
Questions & Answers
10 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
332 Customer Reviews
Even my dog loves it!
I finally decided to give this a try when my Golden developed fur mats behind both ears. I could not believe how well this comb worked! So simple and fits beautifully in my hand. I had to go back through my orders just to find it and write this review. Love it!
Wonderful for mats.
I got this for my longhair cat that thinks any form of grooming is highly offensive. It has cut through the small mats I've used it on. She actually seems to like it, even though she swishes her tail irritably the whole time. She doesn't growl, hiss, or try to get away, which is a great improvement over anything else I've used on her.
Better than expected!
I was looking for a brush for my Havanese puppy and came across this tool. I’m not used to having such a high maintenance pup and need to get better about brushing him daily. He gets matted pretty quickly and hates the slicker brushes. I’m still on the search for the perfect brush but this came today and WOW! I gave him a bone and went to work. I was nervous because people said they cut themselves on it but honestly I have no idea how? Totally safe and easy for me and pup. So glad I found this!!
Safari Dematting Comb
Best grooming tool for tight curls. Combs right through, pulls out mats, without pulling on the skin
My little Yorkshire has very fine hair. Matte once it gets about 4 inches long. Not able to get him into vet,right away. I chose to buy this comb. It was the best purchase . It was so useful. Easy. Worked wonderful..comb those matte right out. However I would recommend someone help you hold there head. Very sharp on top. So afraid of him licking it cutting his tougne..I actually used my garden gloves when using it. Nik myself. Once super easy to do. VERY Sharp
So easy to use, problem solved!
It's amazing what a difference having the right tool makes! I've never had a dog with mats, but this was my fault for not paying enough attention. My regular grooming tools could not help. So glad I made the right decision! The tool works like cutting butter. It was so easy I could not believe it. Dog tolerated it without any issues. A definite YES!
Safari de-matting comb
Works wonders. My f1b golden doodle puppy gets matts and tangles on inner aspect of back legs. It doesn’t pull or cause him distress. So easy to use. You can adapt for right or left handlers.
This product worked well. My goldendoodle with a wavy coat had some matting between grooming appointments, and this tool did the trick. He was very patient during the process so it must have been comfortable for him. I used it with the tangle remover spray from Chewy.
I have two Persian cats (2.5 yrs & 8 mos) and even though I brush daily the way they sleep and lounge they tend to get some small matts. Our vet tech suggested this de-matting comb on a recent visit and glad she did. It works well and note it is SHARP so be extra careful when using.
Easy to use
This product is easy to use but I wish there was a shield above the blades because they are so sharp. We have been able to tackle the tough matting areas, like chest and legs, just wish our puppy wasn’t such a wiggler because we have nicked ourselves with the tool blades. We wear gardening gloves now when we use the comb and no more cuts!