Scratch & Peck Feeds Naturally Free Organic Starter Chicken & Duck Feed, 25-lb bag
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Complete raw and organic feed for starting poultry chicks and ducklings you can use out of the bag.
- Nutrient-packed formula includes omega-3 fatty acids, essential minerals, probiotics and vitamins.
- Made with nutrient-rich organic ingredients like whole grain wheat, peas, barley, sesame meal, kelp meal, flaxseeds and more.
- Zero corn, soy or GMO foods so there’s more nutrition pound for pound, and can be given dry or moistened.
- Grown and milled in the Pacific Northwest by a family-owned company that’s Animal Welfare Approved.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Joenks Farm Naturals Picky Peckers Organic Chicken Feed, 10-lb bag, bundle of 2$55.56Chewy Price$57.98List Price
- Kalmbach Feeds Concentrate Crumbles Llama & Alpaca Food, 50-lb bag$38.36Chewy Price$38.99List Price$36.44Autoship Price
- Kalmbach Feeds Body Builder Goat Feed, 50-lb bag$32.49Chewy Price$30.87Autoship Price
- DealKalmbach Feeds Start Right Lamb Creep Young Sheep Feed, 50-lb bag$37.63Chewy Price$38.49List Price$35.75Autoship Price
- Kalmbach Feeds 18% Protein Start Right Medicated Chick Feed, 50-lb bag$33.34Chewy Price$33.65List Price$31.67Autoship Price
- Mile Four 21% Organic Whole Grain Starter Chicken & Duck Feed, 2-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$22.99List Price$18.99Autoship Price
- Crypto Aero Top Chick Layer Chicken Feed, 50-lb bag$83.99Chewy Price$79.79Autoship Price
- DealHudson Feeds Poultry Feeds 25% Turkey Starter-Grower Turkey Food, 50-lb bag$46.03Chewy Price$43.73Autoship Price
- DealHudson Feeds Poultry Feeds Cage Layer Complete Poultry Feed, 50-lb bag$30.70Chewy Price$29.16Autoship Price
- Kalmbach Feeds Family Fixin's Sow Pellet Pig Feed, 50-lb bag$33.49Chewy Price$31.82Autoship Price
- Mazuri Locu (Low Copper) Sheep Food, 50-lb bag$39.99Chewy Price$37.99Autoship Price
- Mazuri Alpaca Care Crumbles Alpaca Food, 40-lb bag$29.79Chewy Price$35.99List Price$28.30Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Organic Wheat, Organic Peas, Organic Barley...||Organic Wheat, Organic Barley, Organic Peas...||Organic Wheat, Organic Peas, Organic Barley...||Organic Wheat, Organic Barley, Organic Peas...||Organic Peas, Organic Corn, Organic Wheat...|
|Bird Type||Chicken, Duck||Chicken, Duck, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Duck, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
|Special Diet||Organic, Non-GMO, High-Protein||Organic, Non-GMO, High-Protein||Organic, Non-GMO||Organic, Non-GMO, High-Protein||Organic, Non-GMO|
|Food Form||Seed & Grain Blend||Seed & Grain Blend||Feed||Seed & Grain Blend||Feed|
|Health Feature||—||—||—||Vitamins & Minerals||High-Energy|
Questions & Answers
7 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
21 Customer Reviews
Worth every penny
Love this feed. Looks wonderful and it is a hit with the chicks.
I love this feed. It’s the only one we like around here. Also love the quick free shipping! Always feel in good hands with chewy.
Great ingredients, too much dust
I like the ingredients of Scratch and Peck Organic Chick Starter Grower Feed, it's probably the best retail chicken feed you can find. What I don't like about it is how much dust is in each bag, as well as sticks and other debris. The seeds and their casings get over grinded, so about half the bag is dust, so this is not a good feed to give to your chicks dry, but it makes a good wet mash, which the chicks devour, causing almost no waste of food. So I recommend this food to feed as a wet mash, not as dry feed.
Ducklings did not eat
My ducklings did not like this food, and weren’t eating much. Switched to another food and they are now eating enough
I wanted to address the negative reviews about the product being a very fine grind as opposed to larger pieces. The smaller grind is safer for your chicks, until they reach an age where they can fully process seeds, I would say around 3 weeks or older. I have had one chick die and currently one that may be going through a VERY expensive surgery from an obstruction caused by large sized grain being in the chick starter and subsequently causing an obstruction. In my case it was peas and it was from another brand of chick starter, which did not screen out the larger pieces. If a piece of large seed such as a pea gets stuck, your chick will not be able to break it down, especially in the first few weeks of life. If Scratch and Peck is making the seed a finer grind, there is good reason for it! I hope they continue to do so, and screen out large pieces, as this product seems far superior to more fully processed ones. My chicks and chickens love it. The only reason I had tried another was the cost. If you are concerned about obstructions in your baby chicks, organic crumble is a good choice for the first two wks.
Little ones LOVE it!
My hatchlings gobbled it right up! (Other ‘crumbles’ seemed hard for them to swallow). Would definitely order it again!
good feed but overprocessed
My chickens love this feed, which I've just started to buy over the past month in spite of its cost. They consume it eagerly and I want a food for them that does NOT contain corn. The last bag that I got (a 40 lb bag) was over-milled or over-processed and it was ground too fine. The crumble was too "dusty". The oats and barley were not visible. I assume they were ground into tiny bits. My birds like to see a seed. I have notified the manufacturer about this and am awaiting their response.
Worth Every Penny
My chicks love this stuff!! I started them out on another brand from the farm store and it doesn’t even compare. This stuff has actual food in it, with real ingredients. My chicks run to me when they see the scoop! Will continue buying this.
Our baby chicks and ducklings love this food! It's definitely more expensive than what's available at our local feed supply, but the first two ingredients in the other stuff are soy and corn, so you get what you pay for. I had to grind up the feed in the blender at first because some of the pieces were a little too big for the chicks (we got them when they were 2 days old), but it wasn't too much trouble. They're three weeks old now and eating it up no problem.
"Picture" of the feed is not accurate
I bought this based on the photo of the feed and what i got was basically dust with a few small seeds in them. I'm attaching a photo. Everything that's not definable by looking at it? Dust.