Scratch & Peck Feeds Naturally Free Organic Layer 16% Poultry Feed
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Chicken feed designed as a balanced and nutritious diet for laying hens.
- Contains a minimum of 16% protein with calcium so your hens can produce strong eggshells.
- Ideal for hens that are laying or will lay eggs in the near future.
- Free of soy and corn because your beaked buddies deserve only the best.
- Made in the USA with certified organic ingredients.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Kruse's Perfection Brand Super 9 Superior Scratch Poultry Feed, 40-lb bag$24.60Chewy Price$23.37Autoship Price
- Kalmbach Feeds All Natural Non-GMO, Soy Free 5 Grain Premium Scratch Chicken Feed, 50-lb bag$28.99Chewy Price$27.54Autoship Price
- Higgins Vita Seed California Blend Parrot Food, 25-lb$62.55Chewy Price$80.99List Price$59.42Autoship Price
- Healthy Harvest Non-GMO 20% Protein Chick Starter Grower Crumbles Chicken Feed, 5-lb bag$8.49Chewy Price$8.07Autoship Price
- ZuPreem Smart Selects Parrot & Conure Food, 4-lb bag$19.24Chewy Price$24.49List Price$18.28Autoship Price
- Bluebonnet Feeds Game Bird Breeder Nibblet Bird Food, 50-lb bag$26.99Chewy Price$25.64Autoship Price
- ZuPreem Natural Daily Small Bird Food, 2.25-lb bag$9.04Chewy Price$15.99List Price$8.59Autoship Price
- Hudson Feeds Poultry Feeds Game Bird Food, 50-lb bag$33.67Chewy Price$31.99Autoship Price
- Bluebonnet Feeds Poultry & Game Crumble Bird Food, 50-lb bag$30.99Chewy Price$32.99List Price$29.44Autoship Price
- Healthy Harvest Whole & Hearty Layer Chicken Feed, 30-lb bag$31.99Chewy Price$30.39Autoship Price
- Modesto Milling Organic, No Corn, No Soy Chick Starter & Grower Crumbles Poultry Feed, 50-lb bag$107.00Chewy Price$101.65Autoship Price
- ZuPreem Smart Selects Medium Sized Bird Food, 2.5-lb bag$13.77Chewy Price$14.99List Price$13.08Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Organic Wheat, Organic Barley, Organic Peas...||Organic Wheat, Organic Peas, Organic Barley...||Organic Peas, Organic Corn, Organic Wheat...||Organic Wheat, Organic Corn, Organic Peas...||Organic Wheat, Organic Peas, Organic Barley...|
|Bird Type||Chicken, Duck, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Duck|
|Food Form||Seed & Grain Blend||Feed||Feed||Feed||Seed & Grain Blend|
|Special Diet||Organic, Non-GMO, High-Protein||Organic, Non-GMO||Organic, Non-GMO||Organic, Non-GMO||Organic, Non-GMO, High-Protein|
|Health Feature||Vitamins & Minerals||N/A||High-Energy||High-Energy||N/A|
Questions & Answers
13 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
53 Customer Reviews
Dust, Dust, Dust
We used to buy this all the time, until I found a local scratch/peck feed they liked. When it became unavailable, decided to return to this feed. More expensive, but we only have 2 ducks, so it was doable. This was the first bag we received and I was so disappointed. Last night when I checked their bowl it was 1/4 fine dust. That's never happened before. So this morning I gave the bag a good look and with every handful, a large portion is this fine dust. Don't recommend and have taken off our autoship. We'll keep looking. Photo of ducks just because. LOL
My hens are thriving on this
I have gradually changed my hens over to Scratch and Peck layer food. This year I'm getting more eggs, and my hens looks super.
Used to love it until all our chickens started struggling
Ugghhh, we used to love this brand but over time we found more ends of the mill "dust" than grain. Also, I highly suspect our girls were not getting enough vitamins & minerals, it just went from bad to worse with molting & seasonal changes. Hard rough molts, hardly any of our girls laid consistently and they became under weight. Although we free range, all girls are protected from wildlife yet they never seemed to thrive on this food. We tried fermenting it but that caused vent gleet in a couple of our girls, enough was enough. We changed to Kalmbach henhouse reserve - what a difference! Molt this year was easy, we have had some laying during the winter, (we do not use supplemental light) eggs & their shells are much better quality and the girls are now at a great weight.
Chickies love this
This is an excellent quality food, organic and best of all the chickies love it. Our heritage breeds just started laying and we want them to have the best.
Hen's quit laying
We used this feed exclusively for a couple years and when our 5 hens stopped laying and were continually being plagued with weak shells despite excellent supplementation -- I knew we had to change. They seemed eager to eat the feed but there were changes in their health and egg production which were undeniable. Switched to Kalmbach premium along with their crumbles and it seems their plumage is getting better along and a couple are laying regularly again. Scratch and Peck feed was hit and miss with the texture of the product, sometimes super powdery. Makes me wonder if formulation was not consistent which lead to my hens having issues. I do not recommend.
Chickens won’t eat it
I was excited to receive this after researching the ingredients etc. however, I could not get my chickens to eat it. I tried everything- adding water, even mixing it with their favorite food and they still walk away from it. As soon as I put a different feed out they gobbled it like they were starving. I ended up throwing away most of the bag unfortunately.
My chickens have never been happier. What you by at local store around here is horrible compared to this. They are happy and healthy for eating this feed.
Chickens love it
High quality Chicken feed. My chickens love it. I'm glad about that because my girls and rooster are kinda spoiled.
Food quality feed
Great company to work with. Chickens were very healthy because of their feed.
My chickens love this feed and I’m happy to provide them something that hasn’t been processed.