Shoofly Leggins Horse Fly Boots, 4 count
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- The plastic mesh helps keep biting flies (deer, horse and horn) from penetrating the boots.
- The design stops botfly eggs from being laid.
- Helps reduce stress on your horse, which ultimately can help reduce leg fatigue and hoof cracks from constant stomping.
- Greatly reduces the risk of spreading disease.
- The mesh provides plenty of air flow, which is especially comfortable for wounds.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Mio T/O Lite Horse Sheet, Black/Turq & Black, 75$67.07Chewy Price$84.95List Price
- TuffRider Kozy Komfort Stable Horse Blanket, Black, 75-in$62.32Chewy Price$69.25List Price
- Weaver Leather Silvertip No. 95 Rope Horse Halter & 10-ft Lead, Black/Gray/Red$52.95Chewy Price$58.29List Price
- Gatsby Basic All-Purpose Horse Saddle Pad, Turquoise$9.12Chewy Price$24.99List Price
- Horseware Goat Rug, 3X-Large$44.60Chewy Price$50.00List Price
- Horze Equestrian Pro Cooling Therapy Horse Ice Wrap, 2 count, Purple$79.99Chewy Price
- Equiline Gerald Soundproof Horse Ear Bonnet, Navy, Full$98.00Chewy Price
- Kensington Protective Products Signature Horse Fly Mask, Desert Sand, Draft$37.49Chewy Price$44.99List Price
- TuffRider 1200 D Comfy Winter Horse Blanket, Royal, 78-in$93.51Chewy Price$103.90List Price
- FORCE Opti-Force Equine Fly Horse Mask$29.99Chewy Price$40.49List Price
- Manna Pro Pro-Force Covered Ears Equine Fly Horse Mask$14.09Chewy Price$31.49List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Plastic, Mesh, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Plastic||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric|
|Tack Type||Fly Boots||Bell Boots||Sport Boots||—||Fly Mask Without Ears|
Questions & Answers
2 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
69 Customer Reviews
I've seen these through the years but was weary to try. A friend told me how great they are so I gave it a go. Absolutely love them. Horse could care less they're on. He's 18 hands and fairly big boned but they fit decently.
I bought these for our grey gelding to try. He’s the first horse I’ve had with bad hooves and in the summer they tend to crack and chip more from stomping when the flies get bad. Several people I know use the shoofly brand and say they hold up well. So far so good. Since he started wearing them he seems more comfortable out grazing and isn’t stomping when the bugs are out. I bought the size small, he is 16 hh and wears a size 0 shoe. He is tall but his legs are skinny, the smalls appear to be a just right fit.
A must for fly season!
Had my doubts but glad to be proved wrong and so is my happy horse. Super value. Not the best fit for my big horse but it was workable. Maybe they will consider sizing options next year.
They work and stay on!
These work very well. Even with my horse rubbing his nose on them daily they stay in place. Worth the price.
Great fly leggings
I bought these as a suggestion from my sister. I got medium size. I think small would be a better fit for my next but. I have a Arabian that is almost 5.1 hands. These wash up nicely and dry fast.
Don’t hold up for long
Bought these barely a month ago, so far one already has a hole in it somehow, the placing of it is really weird and there’s multiple spots on all of them that the stitching is coming off or the fabric is thinning in weird places that it doesn’t even come in contact with my horse. My horse ignores them so I know he’s not messing with them. On another note, the velcro is really sturdy on them and I think they’d be really amazing if the fabric didn’t thin away/fray as easily because they do keep the flies away. I just wish they lasted longer then a month for the price of them. They do work and keep the flies off their legs, just don’t hold up well.
Works great if you put them on right
So I bought one set and put two on each of my horses. I must of not put one boot on right as the next day one was lost way way out in the back pasture. But our other horse who is very hard on them still has them on. They work great!
I LOVE these! They stay up and keep the flies off! No more stomping feet and cracking hooves!
Stops the Stomp
My horses couldn't survive the fly season without Shoofly leggings. One of my mares has navicular syndrome and the constant stomping away flies is particularly painful for her. Shoofly leggings are a lifesaver. She does hardly any stomping wearing her bright pink leggings. Be sure to measure and get the correct size. I like them to fit snuggly just below the coronet band. I also check frequently for any spots that might be rubbing. It doesn't happen often, but it's better to catch it early. They're easy to clean and dry quickly. A set will last up to two years for me. I replace them when they start to fray at the bottom and the stays poke through. I'm always amazed at the design, snug at the bottom and loose at the top. It allows easy movement for your horse and flies do not go down into the leggings. They stay up great, you might have to experiment a little to find the "sweet spot" fit wise for your horse. Chewy's price was very competitive. If your horses have pasture access, the bright pink and orange are easier to find!
Great fly Boots
These fly Boots are my second set..I have had the previous set for 2 years for my appaloos legs he loves them now..flys used to tear his legs up... These boots keep him fly bite free! They stay up and don't rub his legs I ordered this set for my mule.. he now knows they work and he loves them also..I will order again when these wear out one day.. fast shipping well packaged an awesome price. Thanks chewy