See things more clearly with the Summit Clear-Water Barley Straw Pond Treatment. The barley straw works to naturally keep aquariums and fountain water clear—without the need for synthetic chemicals. As it slowly decays, byproducts are released that aid in maintaining water clarity, which are harmless to fish and other plants in the pond. Just drop it in, and enjoy the results! Barley straw may be used at any time, but best results have been reported when starting in early spring when the water temperature is low. Bales should remain floating for maximum exposure to sunlight and oxygen, which aids in the decomposition process and accelerates the pond clearing benefits.
- Micro bale of barley straw keeps pond water clear and is safe for all fish, plants and animals.
- Works naturally without the use of harmful or synthetic chemicals.
- Byproducts are released as it decays that aid in maintaining water clarity.
- Lasts for up to 6 months and treats up to 2,000 gallons of water; use continuously for best results.
- Each bale should last around 6 months but a new bale should be placed in the water at least one month before the old bale is removed.
See all items by Summit