ThunderShirt Anxiety Vest for Cats, Heather Grey
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Patented design applies gentle, constant pressure to calm anxiety, fear, and over-excitement. This gentle hugging produces a dramatic calming effect.
- Calms your cat during fireworks, thunder, separation, travel, vet visits, grooming, and much more with no training and no medication.
- Comfortable and easy on/off. Made of durable, breathable, soft fabric that is washable.
- Recommended by trainers and veterinarians to relieve stress-related behaviors such as scratching, excessive meowing, and inappropriate marking.
- Proven effective in over 80% of cats.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- bSerene Pheromone & Catnip Oil Calming Spray for Cats, 2-oz$34.99Chewy Price
- Pet Acoustics Pet Tunes Calming Music Cat Speaker$69.99Chewy Price
- VetriScience Composure Chicken Liver Flavored Soft Chews Calming Supplement for Cats, 30 count$8.50Chewy Price$10.13List Price$8.07Autoship Price
- NaturVet Hemp Quiet Moments Liquid Calming Supplement for Cats, 1-oz bottle$15.99Chewy Price$15.19Autoship Price
- ThunderWunders Calming Cat Paw Gel, 3-oz bottle$15.87Chewy Price$19.95List Price$15.08Autoship Price
- LICKS Pill-Free ZEN Calming Cat Supplement, 10 count$12.99Chewy Price$12.34Autoship Price
- Natura Petz Organics Travel Well Cat Supplement, 90 count$29.99Chewy Price$28.49Autoship Price
- Comfort Zone Spray & Scratch Control Calming Spray for Cats, 2-oz$14.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price$14.24Autoship Price
- HomeoPet Feline Anxiety Relief Cat Supplement, 450 drops$6.55Chewy Price$19.99List Price$6.22Autoship Price
- Comfort Zone On-The-Go Breakaway Calming Collar for Cats, 2 count$25.00Chewy Price$29.99List Price$23.75Autoship Price
- Feliway Travel Calming Wipes for Cats, 12 count box$12.36Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||N/A||N/A||Analogue of Feline Facial Pheromone: 2%. Exipients to: 100g||Feline Pheromone Complex (FPhC) 2%, Isoparaffinic hydrocarbon 48 mL||Analogue of Feline Facial Pheromone: 2%. Excipients to: 100g|
Questions & Answers
22 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
188 Customer Reviews
Not as described
What I received was not as described. There is no removable collar and in fact, it just looks like I’ve received a repacked dog’s thunder shirt. After comparing it with my dog’s thunder shirt to confirm, it’s clear they are the exact same. I wouldn’t waste your money on this one, especially not if you’re expecting the collar attachment like I was. It’s basically useless to me, I wish I had never wasted my hard earned money.
Worth the purchase
One of my cats has anxiety and has started chewing patching into her fur/skin. She wouldn't eat calming chews so I figured this would be the next best thing. It worked to calm her down, but only while she's wearing it. **The sizing chart is not accurate. My cat was 8.5lbs and the small was WAY too small, had to order a medium and that fits perfectly.
Gave Me Back My Sanity!
My cat gets absolutely crazy at night and I could not get him to settle down so I could sleep. I finally splurged on this and it has been a lifesaver. My cat is able to settle down for the night and usually doesn't try to wake me up until about 30 minutes before breakfast, which is better than 2 hours. I've also used it for car rides.
Comfort for luna
I purchased the thunder vest for my adopted cat. She is a very anxiety ridden cat. I’ve tried many ways to put the vest on her like feeding her treats on the vest, or putting her favorite toys on the vest so she gets comfortable with it. I still can’t put it on her. I’ll keep trying
Our 13lb boy slipped out of it immediately. He’s a silky short haired active boy and slipped right out instantly using his back feet. We’re hanging on to it though, because we think it may help one of our other kitties. We still need to find a calming solution for him.
Not escape proof but still works!
My anxious spazzing kitty is a little too good at getting out of this. It definitely works when she has it on! but it’s short lived bc once she has the chance she’ll push herself out with her hind legs. My other cat hasn’t been able to get out of it although she’s not necessarily the kitty that needs it.. I’ll still try from time to time. If your kitty is the anxious spazzing type they may be an escape artist as well. It’s worth a try and is nice to have around so I do recommend!
Makes a HUGE Difference!
Our cat Rory gets anxious on car rides and when she’s visiting my parents’ house (who has an older dog). This jacket eases her stress immediately. She has no problem in the car anymore, she often falls asleep. And at my parents’ house, she now takes ownership of the house - haha! She walks around no problem. Highly recommended this!!
The jury is still out
I have a very elderly cat I adopted a few months ago and she has potty issues. I thought I'd give this a try, just to calm her down in her new environment. She barely weighs six pounds, I ordered the small size. This item is very well made of quality material and fits my cat. I do have to say that the small barely fits her, I contacted Thundershirt directly about how it is to fit. They said the small is for cats under nine pounds with a chest size of between 9-13" and you should be able to slip two fingers between the shirt and the cat. It does have a lot of velcro strap closures in case your cat doesn't like that sound. She doesn't have any issues wearing it which is surprising for a cat from a feral colony. Anyway, when she wears it she walks around just fine, if I make it snug around her body that is when she does the lay down I can't move thing. Will it calm a cat during fireworks or a storm I'm not sure.
Hear they work well
My cat flipped out by the sound of the velcro. Hide for three hours. Have placed the thundershirt with clothes that we wear around him. Still not able to get it on him
Turns my cat into a calmer enchilada
My cat has major anxiety issues around new people, new environments, new situations, and generally if he'll ever be fed again (answer: this cat has not gone more than 8 hours without food since coming home from the shelter but he insists anyway that one day i might just starve him). The thunder vest came with simple instructions and quickly turned Kiwi from his daily I'll Never Be Fed Again Panic to Calm Enchilada With A Waddle. It doesn't cure his anxiety but when he's strapped in he just hangs out on my lap, which is way better than him running around scream-meowing in pseudo starvation despair for the three hours before every single mealtime. It does what it claims to do, even on my weirdo. Too bad I can't buy this in human size too.