Ware Tread Wheel Small Animal Toy
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- This tread wheel provides a fun way for your small pet to exercise.
- Made from powder-coated metal, designed to stand up to chewing.
- Safe for tails and toes while your pal runs.
- Features a sturdy and durable design.
- Available in 2 sizes.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Oxbow Enriched Life Magic Timothy Wand Small Animal Toy$3.99Chewy Price$4.99List Price
- Exotic Nutrition Triple Treat Forager Small Animal Toy$7.98Chewy Price$11.95List Price
- Oxbow Enriched Life Roll Arounds Small Animal Chew Toy$5.99Chewy Price
- Oxbow Enriched Life Deluxe Natural Dangly Small Animal Toy$3.49Chewy Price
- Naturals by Rosewood Rattan Wobble Ball Small Pet Toy, Large$5.15Chewy Price$5.99List Price
- Oxbow Enriched Life Apple Stick Dangly Small Animal Chew Toy$5.81Chewy Price$6.49List Price
- Oxbow Enriched Life Willow Bundle Small Animal Chew Toy$6.02Chewy Price
- Oxbow Enriched Life Crazy Hay Ball Small Animal Toy$4.49Chewy Price
- Oxbow Enriched Life Loco Ball Small Animal Toy$3.99Chewy Price
- Oxbow Enriched Life Hay-O Small Animal Chew Toy$3.49Chewy Price
- Exotic Nutrition Hedgehog Accessory Starter Kit$64.84Chewy Price$79.95List Price
- Oxbow Woody Combo Small Animal Chew Toy$3.99Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Small Pet Type||Hamster, Gerbil||Mouse, Hamster||Hamster, Gerbil||Hamster, Mouse||Hamster, Rat|
|Material||Coated Metal, Metal||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic|
|Toy Type||Exercise Wheels & Balls||Exercise Wheels & Balls||Exercise Wheels & Balls||Exercise Wheels & Balls||Exercise Wheels & Balls|
Questions & Answers
3 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
17 Customer Reviews
Perfect for us
We loved our old saucer-wheels, but when I switched to using coco-fiber bedding they started getting jammed and the mice could no longer use them. The coco-fiber works great for absorbing smells, so it stays and the old saucer wheels had to go. Switching to these wheels turned out to be a big bonus in the CLEANLINESS department. The natural advantages of this design are helped by the coco-fiber (works kind of like flour on dough), and they hardly ever get anything sticking to them. The manufacturer recommends vegetable oil if (when) the wheel squeaks. I find that petroleum jelly (AKA Vaseline white petroleum) works better and lasts a lot longer, and is still safe for my mice. Mine are QUIETER than the saucer design as I am currently using them. They could be even quieter if I used zip ties to secure the side that doesn't hook, which I will probably do at some point. This wheel can be used either sitting on the bedding or hanging from wire sides or tops of the cage. My DIY mouse bins have 1/4" mesh ceilings made out of basically the same material as this wheel, and my wheels are hanging from the ceiling hooked through that. The wheel hangs down by about 10" when mounted this way. I got medium wheels for my larger bins and small wheels for my smaller bins, but I find that the medium size works much better for mice. They often run in pairs and I have seen up to five mice on the wheel at one time. The small size is OK too, but for multiple mice I definitely recommend the MEDIUM (8") wheel. At this time, the small wheel is available from Chewy under a different listing - keep an eye on the labeling and measurements to make sure that you are getting what you want!
hedgehog love it
My hedgehog loves this wheel so much only bad part is that I broke it somehow but when she poops on it it doesn’t stick as much and the other wheels I have had easy clean up as well
Wheel of DOom
My chinchilla hates this wheel. Her body seems to big and she is having trouble spinning in this wheel. It's too constrictive.
nice for the price
Great for chinchilla hangs on the wire cage so it doesnt tip.
make it stop
My hamster got bigger so I had to buy a bigger wheel and chose this one cuz it said silent….well there is nothing silent about it. It’s irritating to buy a product off of what it says and does the opposite. I wish I could send a video so everyone can hear it
Great wheel.Pretty quiet.Perfect for the hamster.Good price!
Wheel for rats
Love love love. Rats are happy. Good quality. We will be getting more. We already have 5.
NOT suitable for any animal
This wheel is not suitable for any hamster at all, this is because since the wheel is made of mesh an animal’s toe or arm can get stuck which it can lead to it being cut off. I recommend a wheel with no mesh at all.
I have 2 guinea pig that Do not have spines so i got them this and they love it and don't get there back hurt because they don't have one
Came all bent up and very cheaply made...it would spend very crooked and loud..like it was old or used alot