Wisdom Panel Complete Cat DNA Test
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- There are over 45 health tests that screen for genetic conditions and medical complications.
- This test detects over 70 cat breeds and populations.
- Delivers an accurate breed breakdown—see breed mix reported down to 1%
- There are over 25 trait tests, so you can understand your pet’s coat type and color, along with other physical features.
- Learn your feline friend’s blood type and identify her blood transfusion risk.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Basepaws Breed + Health DNA Test for Cats$159.00Chewy Price
- HomeoPet Feline Purr Dental Cat Supplement, 15mL bottle$14.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price$14.24Autoship Price
- Liquid-Vet Teeth & Gums Support Chicken Flavor Cat Supplement, 8-oz bottle$11.69Chewy Price$11.11Autoship Price
- PetLab Co. Dental Formula Cat Dental Water Additive, 8-oz bottle$25.46Chewy Price$24.19Autoship Price
- Suitical Recovery Suit for Cats, Black Camo, Small$34.00Chewy Price$35.95List Price
- Natura Petz Organics Travel Well Cat Supplement, 90 count$29.99Chewy Price$28.49Autoship Price
- LICKS Pill-Free ZEN Calming Cat Supplement, 30 count$29.99Chewy Price$28.49Autoship Price
- LICKS Pill-Free IMMUNITY Cat Supplement, 30 count$29.99Chewy Price$28.49Autoship Price
- CheckUp at Home Wellness Test Urine Testing for Cats$19.95Chewy Price$19.99List Price
- Green Foods Barley Cat Grass Juice Powder Cat Supplement, 3-oz jar$16.07Chewy Price
- HyaFlex Hyalogic Hyaluronic Acid Hip & Joint Formula Cat Supplement, 1-oz bottle$23.36Chewy Price$29.95List Price
- RestoraPet Feline Formula Organic Tuna Flavor Cat Supplement, 2-oz bottle$39.95Chewy Price$37.95Autoship Price
Questions & Answers
11 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
22 Customer Reviews
Comprehensive with detailed explanations
This started as just plain curiosity and developed into so much more. I work in the pet industry, and have been witnessing the increasing longevity of pets lifespans. Having reviewed test results from other vendors, I was completely blown away by the extensive, in depth results we received for our cat. Every piece of information telescopes into detailed origins and explanations. You can absorb just the percentage of your pets breed DNA representation, or you can follow an entire prospective lineage tree of where those breeds derived. There are also very detailed descriptions of any genetic predispositions. I was thrilled with the level of competency, but then was completely blown away when I received an email that I could have a brief conversation with a Wisdom Panel vet about a genetic predisposition my pet showed. This truly reflects the overall passion this team has for educating and supporting the consumers and their pets. I highly recommend Wisdom Panel! Take advantage of this opportunity to grow your knowledge and truly provide your pet with the best care based on their makeup.
Wisdom Panel tests
After getting what we thought was our Bengal tested (NO Bengal), we also had our Tux & Tabby tested and found some very interesting results. We felt they were very detailed results and we received them in a reasonable amount of time. THANKS very much!
Activate your kit BEFORE sending it in
Maybe I'm just stupid, but the cover to the kit does not include the activation code. The company puts the activation code on the part that gets mailed to them. So activate your kit BEFORE you send it to them.
Extremely happy with the genetic mutation health testing
I'm extremely happy with the results. I did this more for the genetic health tests. The results were incredibly fast. Cats unless purebred are generally nuts/Domestic cats. It's hard to get their breeds like a dog. I think if people are looking for something for just the breed information for a non-purebred mix, it might be disappointing. My cat visually is a Munchkin cat. I did know my cat had a purebred mix mother, I was surprised to find my cat's Mother was a Sphynx Mixed with a (Main coon x Ragdoll). Her father was the Munchkin, which apparently was a 100% American Domestic Cat. I got the genetic answers I was looking for. I was wondering with her purebred heritage if she was a carrier. She unfortunately was a carrier for a common genetic mutation for a Main Coon.
The results were not helpful or interesting at all. I tested 3 of our cats and the data was not accurate or useful. For example, the reports show that my two siamese mix cats do not have even 1% siamese DNA, yet my tuxedo came back with 11% siamese. The test advertised providing their blood type and I was not given that information.
It said it would take 2-3 weeks and it had been more than 3 weeks since they started testing the DNA and still there was nothing on the site. I sent an email yesterday asking when the results would be available and then magically in the afternoon they were ready. I feel like the results I was given were just some standard made up numbers in order to appease my displeasure over having to wait so long. This test was not cheap and I feel like I wasted my money.
Fun & Useful Information
Really easy to use, I thought I'd have more issues getting the swabs from my cat but it really wasn't that bad. Shipped it in, got the results back exactly when they were estimated. Cool results, user-friendly website. My cat didn't have any health concerns return, but I'm sure it would be very helpful for those who do have concerns about that. I found my cat in a bush outside at a few weeks old during a cold snap and brought him in, so I knew nothing about him. Definitely gave me a good idea of what he'll look like when he gets older and how big he'll get!
Less detailed than BasePaws, I should’ve done my research
The kit comes with two sterile mascara like wands that are to be rubbed inside on the cat’s cheek. Both wands need to be done the same way and surprisingly you also must air dry them before sealing them. I did not research before purchasing Wisdom Panel although I wish I had because I would’ve ordered a different DNA test. While the results are somewhere interesting there is not much of a breakdown which would’ve been available on Base Paws along with additional indexes and analysis that I wish I had. Overall the product did deliver the basic service but for the cost and the other options available I would’ve hoped for more.
Worth the Price!
This kit was easy to use and gave results quickly. We had them back within the allotted 2-3 weeks. The breakdown was awesome to see where my kitty is from and they even flagged a potential health risk so if she ever needs a surgery I can let her vet know. They also tell you your cats blood type, which I thought was pretty neat. Overall, an easy to use product and very informative if you want to learn more about your cat (especially if they come from a shelter like mine)
Highly recommend, makes a great gift.
It was fun and interesting to get the results. I would do it on any dog or cat I get in the future. This is a great gift to get a dog or cat lover, that's how I got it, I will now get one to give as a gift also.