Zilla Ground English Walnut Shell Reptile Bedding, 5-qt bagBy Zilla
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
About This Item
- Ground English walnut shells replicate natural habitats and create an attractive desert environment.
- Will not scratch glass like sand and provides excellent heat-conducting substrate.
- Stimulates natural digging and burrowing behavior and is an excellent heat conductor.
- Ideal bedding depth in enclosure is 1 to 2-inches, remove and replace bedding monthly.
- Perfect for desert dwelling reptiles such as: adult bearded dragons, monitors, desert skinks and uromastyx.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
Questions & Answers
30 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
77 Customer Reviews
Love This Product
Perfect size ground walnut shells. Love that it comes in a five pound bag. My go to for what I need.
Light and manageable
Pat likes the walnut bedding though I’m going to buy another pack because she loves digging
Crushed walnut shells
Item was as expected. Main reason for review is to comment on Chewy.com. The shipping was extraordinarily fast. Very happy!
Ground English Walnut shells
These do in fact appear to be walnut shells of the English variety. As advertised, they are also ground as you might expect. Trust me when I say that when no other ground English walnut shells will do, you can count on Zilla brand ground English walnuts shells to do the job, whatever that may be.
Works really well as bedding in the bottom of my parrot's cage Easy to strain and clean.
My house has become absolutely infested with moths after buying this substrate for my bearded dragon. His habitat is FULL of moths and moth silk now.
Like the crushed walnut shells. I use them to make pin cushions.
Great! Would definitely recommend
This sand is amazing for my bearded dragon. he loves it
Very nice substitute for sand
I use this in a rodent enclosure for a dig box filler and it's nice, heavy with very little dust compared to sand. It feels great putting your hand through it, no jagged or sharp bits, just teeny granules!
Using it for cross stitch finishing projects
This is a very nice product clean and very dry ,no dust. My grandson has reptiles I can see that it would be a very nice bedding for them also.