Zoo Med Aspen Snake Bedding
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- This Aspen bedding provides a safe, naturalistic substrate that allows pets to burrow and a 191% absorbency rating.
- Green product made from a renewable resource.
- Easy to clean, 99.9% dust free, odorless, and there's no toxic oils like cedar and other similar wood shaving.
- Made in the USA!
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Exo Terra Turtle Large Natural River Pebbles, 10-lb bag$18.88Chewy Price$21.99List Price
- Exo Terra Sand Mat Desert Terrarium Reptile Substrate, 47.5-in$33.38Chewy Price$49.99List Price$31.71Autoship Price
- Exo Terra Plantation Soil Tropical Terrarium Reptile Substrate, 3.6-qt$5.25Chewy Price$7.49List Price$4.99Autoship Price
- Exo Terra Jungle Earth Tropical Terrarium Reptile Substrate, 8-qt$13.31Chewy Price$15.99List Price$12.64Autoship Price
- Zilla Lizard Litter Aspen Chip Reptile Bedding, 8-qt bag, bundle of 3$22.50Chewy Price$23.67List Price$21.38Autoship Price
- Exo Terra Forest Bark Natural Fir Terrarium Reptile Substrate, 24-qt$29.52Chewy Price$38.99List Price$28.04Autoship Price
- Exo Terra Moss Mat Terrarium Reptile Substrate, 29.5-in$13.11Chewy Price$16.99List Price$12.45Autoship Price
- Zilla Terrarium Liner, Green, 125-gal$18.99Chewy Price$25.99List Price$18.04Autoship Price
- Exo Terra Forest Moss Tropical Terrarium Reptile Substrate, 7-qt, 2 count$10.99Chewy Price$10.44Autoship Price
- Zilla Terrarium Liner, Brown, 10-gal$7.49Chewy Price$8.99List Price$7.12Autoship Price
- Galapagos Magnolia Terrarium Leaves, 4-qt bag$8.46Chewy Price$14.99List Price$8.04Autoship Price
- Galapagos Tropicoco Coconut Soil Tropical Reptile & Amphibian Bedding, 8-qt brick, 1 count$7.11Chewy Price$6.75Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Litter & Bedding Type||Aspen||Aspen||Cypress||Douglas Fir||Coconut Fiber|
Questions & Answers
21 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
90 Customer Reviews
Great for Chinchilla bedding
Not a reptile at all, I know! I use this on the bottom floor of my chinchilla’s cage to sop up his urine. It’s perfect because it’s very light and small shavings, not big chunks like I would probably use for an adult snake. It keeps the cage from needing to be cleaned every single day- instead, around 2 weeks is a good time to change it all out, and you can spot clean by grabbing up the wet spots and then replacing with more aspen shavings. I also dump all the used bedding into my compost pile! Which is perfect since both urine and herbivore droppings are great for compost hahaha.
INFESTED with mites
Had my snake on this bedding and after a couple weeks he was eaten up with mites. I didn’t realize where they came from and thought he may have come to me with them. Deep cleaned everything, kept him on paper towels in a different enclosure for a month, and a vet gave him a clean bill of health. I put him back in his tank on this substrate and he had mites again within two weeks. This is literally the only place they could have come from, and the vet agreed.
Best snake bedding!
This a by far the best snake bedding, and at a great value.
snake bedding Aspen
much nicer. smells clean when opening bag. no mildew smell
Lydia the sandboa loves it
What a great price on the smaller bag! I purchased three so I was stocked up on changed for my saharan sand boa. Product is clean, light weight, and the price is unbeatable on chewy.
This Stuff Is Great!
We have three color morphed corn snakes that are 16-years-old. For years Aspen Snake Bedding is the only bedding we have ever used. We attribute their longevity in part to regular, thorough cage cleanings and the use of Zoo Med Aspen Bedding to keep them healthy. This stuff is great!
BAD BATCH !!!!
Just purchased this and now my 2 snakes have mites. They didn’t have any before. But now they do it hasn’t been a week since I used this…..got a bad batch apparently and I won’t be buying bedding from Chewy ever again. My babies have to now be quarantined. The infestation is insane. All baby mites
Perfect for my Corn Snake(:
I’ve been using this since I got my corn snake a few months ago! She’s still just a baby and loves to burrow- it holds its shape really well for her. It hasn’t been messy at all as I use a piece of carpet bedding underneath to wrap it all up in each month when I change everything out. I also love that it’s easy to spread out so a bag of this goes a long way!
Both of my corn snakes love this substrate. They have no problem burrowing in it and it does not get impacted when they eat. And I too feel safe using this substrate, it is very clean and very dust free. I wouldn’t use anything else and the price is great!!!
I use this bedding not for a snake, but for my chinchilla. It is better than any of the “chip” types of bedding and being shredded is softer and more absorbent. Aspen bedding is the way to go and the Zoo Med bedding is the best with very little dust.