Ametza Compressed Alfalfa Hay Bale Horse Forage, 50-lb bale
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Alfalfa Hay.||Wheat Straw.||Alfalfa||Alfalfa Hay Pellets, Timothy Hay Pellets, Chopped Mixed Hay...||Dried Barley Sprouts, 3 Way Oat Hay, Alfalfa Hay, Timothy Grass.|
|Hay Type||Alfalfa||—||—||Alfalfa, Timothy||—|
|Special Diet||—||—||—||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Molasses-Free, Non-GMO||—|
|Health Feature||—||—||—||Digestive Health, Immune Support, Hoof Care...||—|
About This Item
- Everyday feed that gives your hoofed friend an all-natural meal.
- Features only alfalfa hay, which is high in protein, calcium and other minerals and vitamins.
- Contains Vitamin A, D, and K, making this feed a great source of energy for your companion.
- Highly digestible legume can be fed as a complete diet.
- Ideal for young growing horses, lactating mares and horses with a balanced exercise program.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Bluebonnet Feeds Horsemans Elite Senior Care Soft Senior Horse Feed, 50-lb bag$32.49Chewy Price$30.87Autoship Price
- Hallway Feeds Stamm 30 High Protein Horse Feed, 50-lb bag$49.50Chewy Price$47.02Autoship Price
- Cavalor Pianissimo Horse Feed, 44-lb bag$47.99Chewy Price$45.59Autoship Price
- ADM GroSTRONG Ultra-Fiber Horse Feed, 50-lb bag$29.78Chewy Price$28.29Autoship Price
- ADM Forage First SeniorGlo Horse Feed, 50-lb bag$39.32Chewy Price$39.49List Price$37.35Autoship Price
- Buckeye Nutrition Foal Starter Milk-Based Pelleted Horse Feed, 50-lb bag$51.99Chewy Price$49.39Autoship Price
- Blue Seal Sentinel Performance LS Low Sugar Low Starch High Fat Horse Feed, 50-lb bag$63.03Chewy Price$59.88Autoship Price
- Tribute Equine Nutrition Growth Pellet Low-NSC, Molasses-Free Horse Feed, 50-lb bag$34.99Chewy Price$33.24Autoship Price
- ADM GroSTRONG Metabolic Mineral Pellets Low Sugar Low Starch Horse Feed, 40-lb bag$34.17Chewy Price$37.70List Price$32.46Autoship Price
- Total Feeds Total Equine LNSC Horse Food, 40-lb bag$31.35Chewy Price$36.95List Price$29.78Autoship Price
- Cavalor Strucomix Original Horse Feed, 33-lb bag$47.99Chewy Price$45.59Autoship Price
- Tribute Equine Nutrition Wholesome Blends Senior Horse Food, 50-lb bag$54.99Chewy Price$52.24Autoship Price
Questions & Answers
4 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
22 Customer Reviews
powdery but good!
It isn’t Standlee but it’s just as good as some of the compressed bales I’ve bought at shows. Don’t buy this expecting 2 tie alfalfa. I live in an isolated area and the highest quality stuff we can get out here my horse wasn’t eating. Being fresh off the track I guess he has a refined palate. I bought it to mix into the Timothy and wasn’t disappointed, the reviews had me worried. 10/10 recommend if you also feed a type of grassy hay and just like to toss 1 or 2 alfalfa flakes a day. I will definitely be purchasing again
My goats loved it!!
It was a little dusty but overall, it was really good for store bought alfalfa.
I had previously used an alternative brand of this product and been disappointed, but I have to say this brand was even more disappointing. It comes in a nice carrying bag, but that was where the good things ended. The hay inside is nearly brown in color, the first bale that I opened actually had a moldy spot in the middle of it. The hay itself is more of a chopped hay as opposed to regular hay that is compressed, which means it is composed of mainly dust and scraps. If you were to take it out of the bag after cutting the holding straps, you would never get it picked up again. Waste of money, especially if feeding it to horses.
Great for what I need but not Standlee quality
This alfalfa is great for what I need, small pieces that my old horse will actually eat. I feed her pellets, grain and beet pulp but I like giving her alfalfa to forage through. It keeps her busy in stormy weather and she loves it. It is definitely not as green or leafy as Standlee compressed bales, but it does the job and she will eat it. She won't eat regular alfalfa that has long stems. It will do well until my local store gets their backordered Standlee alfalfa bales in.
Not even the wild rabbits will eat this.
Totally surprised that absolutely no animals on my ranch will eat this hay. Not even wild bunnies... it must really be bad! Please Chewy, bring back Standlee!
Ametza Compressed Alfalfa Hay Bale
I ordered one bag of this compressed alfalfa hay. I was very disappointed when I received it. It was very dusty and smelled pretty old I couldn't feed it to my horse as is I had to put it in my steamer before I could feed it to her. I would not recommend this to anyone.
The Elite Mulch & Fertilizer
Alfalfa is a superior fertilizer for any garden. When I can get good alfalfa, I dig it into my soil in the fall. In the spring & summer I use it liberally as mulch for all my vegetable plants. The 50 lb. bale from Chewy is as perfect as it gets. The way it’s packaged is ingenious! I hadn’t figured out how I was going to keep it contained, and was amazed to find that Chewy had already solved the problem!
Yuck 1 star is 1 too many
This is a terrible quality product. The bag is about 45 pounds of dust and 5 pounds of 2 inch stems. Its brown not green and cant even pick up "flakes" without it crumbling into a pile of dust. My horse coughed instantly.
not high quality
This compressed bale is more the consistency of forage and super dry and dusty
Must try product
I add this in to my mules feed. She is not a easy keeper! She loves this stuff. Thank you Chewy for your great service.