API 5 in 1 Freshwater & Saltwater Aquarium Test Strips
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Tests five key water parameters—pH, nitrite, nitrate, carbonate and general hardness.
- Highly accurate color charts provide precise test results, identifying problems in your aquarium.
- Chart colors are distinctive, making test results easy to read.
- Recommendations help troubleshoot aquarium issues.
- Superior moisture protection packaging ensures testing accuracy.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- API Pond Accu-Clear Clarifier, 16-oz bottle$13.78Chewy Price$17.69List Price$13.09Autoship Price
- Aqueon Shrimp Essentials Shrimp & Crayfish Freshwater Aquarium Trace Minerals, 4-oz bottle$4.56Chewy Price$9.99List Price$4.33Autoship Price
- Tetra SafeStart Plus Concentrated Freshwater Aquarium Bacteria, 3.38-oz$8.99Chewy Price$10.09List Price$8.54Autoship Price
- Activ-Betta Bio-Activ Live Aqueous Solution Betta Water, 33.8-oz bottle, 4 count$32.20Chewy Price$35.80List Price$30.59Autoship Price
- EcoBio-Block EcoBio-Stone with Beneficial Aquarium Bacteria, Small$19.93Chewy Price$24.58List Price$18.93Autoship Price
- Tetra Correct pH 7.0 Freshwater Conditioner, 8 count$2.92Chewy Price$3.99List Price$2.77Autoship Price
- API Pond-Zyme Sludge Destroyer Pond Sludge Remover, 16-oz bottle, bundle of 2$56.22Chewy Price$59.18List Price$53.41Autoship Price
- API Pondcare Microbial Algae Clean Green Water Biological Inhibitor, 1-gal bottle$76.79Chewy Price$107.59List Price$72.95Autoship Price
- API Algaefix Algae Control Aquarium Solution, 1.25-oz bottle$4.29Chewy Price$6.09List Price$4.08Autoship Price
- API Tap Water Conditioner Aquarium Water Conditioner, 64-oz bottle$28.14Chewy Price$36.89List Price$26.73Autoship Price
- API Pond Simply Clear Pond Water Clarifier, 16-oz bottle$19.86Chewy Price$20.09List Price$18.87Autoship Price
- Dr. Tim's Aquatics Waste-Away Natural Aquarium Cleaner for Reef Aquariums, 16-oz bottle$24.19Chewy Price$26.69List Price$22.98Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Fish Type||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish, Betta...||Tropical Freshwater, Betta, Cichlid, Goldfish, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish, Betta...|
|Aquarium Type||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater|
Questions & Answers
3 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
38 Customer Reviews
The price is right and the test strips measure what I need to know, minus NH4. But no kits do that. Strips are criticized because they are less accurate, but I look for consistency in values and trends. Once the aquarium is cycles, that's what you need, IMO. The chart is readable.
Test kit arrived on time with my other purchases. This is a tough one because I have no way to check the voracity of test results, but it works just as advertised.
Not sure there wirth it
Easy to use but they don't check ammonia levels and there nitrite and nitrate readings are way off from the regular Api liquid test. Use with caution they do not give reliable readings. The Gh readings were a nice find but they maybe off as well
Aquarium Test Kit Review
The kit worked fine but is not like the kits I usually use. This kit, you need to look up the normal range results to see where your test results lie. The ranges are shown in the pamphlet included with the kit. On the kits I usually use, they show the normal range right on the gauge. It is so much easier.
The instructions say immediately check the first 3 indicators but to wait 30 seconds to read the 4th & 5th/nitrite and nitrate levels. I bought these to test my nitrates specifically but the reading continues to change (get darker) after the 30 seconds. So what's the correct level; the reading at exactly 30 seconds (could be 40 to 80) or the color it ends up at (as high as 160)?
Works 90% of the time
These strips are decent for in between using a full drop test kit like the API Freshwater Master Test Kit. I do find about 10% of the strips I used had issues with the pH portion not developing properly, thus not being able to read the results.
master test kit is better
The product said I had high nitrite in my 65 gallon aquarium and then I was worried so I ended up buying a API master test kit and I had no nitrite, I couldn’t believe how bad of a product and waste of money this was.
Good Product, to an Extent
While these dip sticks come in handy, it’s important to use a fresh water master test kit to get PRECISE values and read your water for ammonia (since these DON’T test for ammonia). These are handy for in-between precise water tests, but not as the only source of water testing, because they aren’t incredibly accurate. I attached a pic of their master test kit that i use, just in case. API is an excellent brand!
I got these to easily test my kh and gh as well as a quick check on my nitrates so I don’t have to pull out my liquid test kit every week... well in a side by side comparison of the pH and nitrate, the strips were way lower on both tests than my liquid tests. Showing the nitrate as an example. Now I’m not sure I can even trust the kh and gh measurements.
I have a 28 gallon aquarium and use the strips atleast twice per month to check the water. The strips work very well and are super easy to read.