API Turtle Sludge Destroyer Aquarium Cleaner
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Cleans aquarium using beneficial bacteria.
- Breaks down organic waste and debris.
- Reduces maintenance and establishes cleaner, clearer water.
- Helps eliminate odor.
- Safe for aquatic turtles, newts or aquatic frogs.
- 4-oz bottle treats up to 236 gallons.
- 8-oz bottle treats up to 474 gallons.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Fluker's Super Scrub Reptile Cleaner, 16-oz bottle$10.49Chewy Price$15.21List Price
- Tetrafauna ReptoFilter Cartridges Replacements, 3 Count, Large, 125 GPH, 3 count$18.51Chewy Price$19.47List Price$17.58Autoship Price
- Tetrafauna AquaSafe Reptile Water Conditioner, 3.38-oz bottle$2.99Chewy Price$5.09List Price$2.84Autoship Price
- Zoo Med Wipe Out Terrarium & Small Animal Cage Cleaner, 8.75-oz bottle$4.97Chewy Price$10.99List Price$4.72Autoship Price
- Zilla Aquatic Reptile Water Conditioner, 8-oz bottle$3.59Chewy Price$9.99List Price$3.41Autoship Price
- Exo Terra Biological Turtle Habitat Cleaner Conditioner, 8.4-oz bottle$13.19Chewy Price$17.99List Price$12.53Autoship Price
- Zoo Med Reptisafe Reptile Water Conditioner, 8.75-oz bottle$4.99Chewy Price$10.99List Price$4.74Autoship Price
- MistKing v5.0 Starter Misting System$184.99Chewy Price
- Exo Terra FX-200 Dual Carbon Pads Turtle Filter, 2 count$3.07Chewy Price$3.99List Price$2.92Autoship Price
- Zoo Med Turtle Clean External Canister Filter, 75-gal$159.99Chewy Price
- Fluker's Eco Clean Natural Waste Remover, 8-oz bottle$7.99Chewy Price$10.49List Price
- Tetrafauna Viquarium Terrarium & Aquarium Filter, 20-55 gal$111.65Chewy Price$111.69List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||—||—||—||DI Water, Sodium Thiosulfsate, Sodium Carbonate...||Sodium Thiosulphate, Disodium Edta.|
Questions & Answers
10 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
52 Customer Reviews
WOW & YAY!
I wish I had known about this magic liquid potion 10 years ago!! No more thick, dense and sludgy water! I can actually see our turtle again! I've been using it for 3 months. Excellent product! Our turtle looks so healthy and happy. If I could give it bonus stars, there would be 5 more.
I didn't realize what a good job that sludge destroyer does. It's wonderful. I will be adding this to my auto ship. I did a water change for my turtle tank. All of the sludge was caught up in the filter. Very easy to do water change.
Works great. I have 3 painted turtles and this made my tank water look and smell SO much better within about 30 minutes
I am using the sludge destroyer to keep water clear in two tanks with medium sized water turtles. Regular water clarifier wasn't getting the job done, even with good filtration. This product is a simple formulation that keeps the tanks remarkably clear when used every couple of weeks, coupled with good pumps and clearning the filtration every 6-7 days.
Worked better than I anticipated
I only added this to my tank once but after almost a year of having issues with a cloudy tank within a week after cleaning and/or changing the water completely, my tank has cleared up nicely after using this just once. I'm honestly impressed.
This sludge destroyer works like a charm! After I pour it in, it only takes an hour or so to see the results.
Cleans the water in the turtle tank crystal clear.
it works but not for long
I have to clean my turtle's tank once a week and the water is bad after about 3 days..Bottle says every 2 weeks use product and clean water once a month I make it nowhere near there.
I have a musk turtle and this sludge destroyer really helped make sure the debris goes through the filter.
Only product that is effective
I have cared for my two turtles for 45 years, been through countless pumps, and multiple aquaria. The vast majority of products simply do nothing or make things worse. Often the chemicals create a scum of their own. This product works best when the water has waste in it. I do not use it as instructed when the water is clean or filters are new. But when the water begins to age I begin to add this and the water clears quickly and waste/aroma quickly dissipates. There is very little I don’t know about running turtle aquaria after 45 years with the same two turtles. This is good stuff but I suggest using it only as a water/filter life extension- not as a first thing. The photo is of the water after one day. The water is one month old and was getting aromatic and cloudy prior to the addition of the product.