Ethics and Integrity Principles for Chewy’s Vendors
At Chewy, we “do what’s right” by keeping ethics, integrity, and compliance at the forefront of our business operations and we expect our vendors, suppliers, and contractors to do the same. We value our business relationships because they are a key to our continued success and growth. Our Ethics and Integrity Principles (the “Principles”) outline the behaviors and best practices our vendors, suppliers, and contractors (“Vendors”) must follow when conducting business on behalf of and with Chewy.
Vendors must conduct business in compliance with all applicable national and local laws and regulations. Vendors must actively assess and monitor their daily business operations to ensure compliance with applicable laws and these Principles. Vendors commit to advising applicable employees of the requirements of these Principles.
ANTI-BRIBERY AND ANTI-CORRUPTION, FAIR DEALING, AND TRADE
Chewy competes fairly and complies with all applicable anti-bribery, anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, sanctions, antitrust, and similar laws and expects its Vendors to do the same. Vendors will comply with applicable U.S. Customs import laws and security processes. Vendors must not offer, pay, solicit, or accept bribes, kickbacks, illegal political contributions, or other improper payments to Chewy or any of its employees, agents or consultants, any government official, or other third party.
LABOR AND HUMAN RIGHTS
Chewy believes that all workers in its supply chain and throughout its overall operations deserve a fair and ethical workplace. We expect our Vendors to uphold the highest standards of human rights and to treat their workers with dignity and respect. In addition to the following, Vendors should also commit to only using raw materials sourced with these standards:
- No Underage Labor. Employed workers must be at least 16 years of age or the legally required minimum age.
- Voluntary Labor. Chewy does not tolerate human trafficking. All labor must be voluntary. Vendors must ensure labor is not forced, bonded, prison, or indentured.
- Working Hours; Compensation. Working hours, wages, and benefits must comply with all applicable laws.
- Freedom of Associations. Vendors must respect the right of its workers to freely choose whether to bargain collectively, or join associations or trade unions, as permitted by local law.
- Health and Safety. Vendors must provide a safe workplace that meets applicable health and safety laws.
HARASSMENT AND DISCRIMINATION
Vendors should foster a productive, professional environment that is free from harassment, discrimination, or other inappropriate conduct.
RESPECT FOR THE ENVIRONMENT AND COMMUNITIES
Vendors should minimize adverse effects on the community, environment, and natural resources while safeguarding the health and safety of the public. Vendors must meet all applicable environmental protection laws.
These Principles should be read in conjunction each Vendor’s obligations set forth in any agreements between Chewy and Vendor. In the event a conflict exists between these Principles and any such agreement, the agreement shall control.
RAISING AN ETHICS OR INTEGRITY CONCERN
If a Vendor identifies a potential ethics, integrity, or compliance concern involving or affecting Chewy, it must engage its primary point of contact at Chewy or contact Chewy’s Compliance Team via email at EthicsandIntegrity@chewy.com as soon as possible. Vendors are expected to provide reasonable assistance in the investigation of any concern involving Chewy or a Vendor. Chewy forbids retaliation against any person reporting an ethics, integrity, or compliance concern in good faith. If you are ever uncertain about the correct course of action, please ask your primary point of contact at Chewy or Chewy’s Compliance Team.
You may also raise an ethics or integrity concern, or questions about these Principles, by:
- Submitting a report to our OpenBark Hotline at https://chewy.ethicspoint.com,
- Calling (833) 381-2275 from the United States of America or 400 120 0192 from China, or
By emailing EthicsandIntegrity@chewy.com