1) Empty aquarium completely and thoroughly dry glass.
2) Carefully remove all old silicone with a single edge razor blade. If water is trapped between glass, you can use a hair dryer to blow the water out with cool air.
3) Thoroughly wipe the area to be sealed with rubbing alcohol and let glass completely dry.
4) Apply sealant so it evenly contacts both glass surfaces.
5) For a smooth seal, hold at a 45 degree angle and apply pushing sealant ahead of tube.
6) To achieve a final smooth seal, use a flat tool and a dry paper towel to remove excess sealant within five minutes. Any additional excess on the glass can be trimmed after 24 hours, but be sure not to cut into the seal.
7) When finished, recap tube immediately. To ensure a leak-proof seal allow 48 hours before filling aquarium with water.