CaribSea Super Naturals Peace River Aquarium Substrate
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Contains a variety of natural-color stones to help your finned friend feel right at home.
- Pre-washed, pH neutral and promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria colonies.
- Creating a natural environment for your fish helps reduce aggravation caused by reflections in the bottom of your tank.
- Great for use in marine and brackish aquariums (sold separately) with proper buffering.
- Each grain measures approximately 0.25–1.0 millimeters in size.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- CaribSea Super Naturals Jungle River Aquarium Gravel, 20-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price
- CaribSea Super Naturals Carolina Creek Aquarium Gravel, 20-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price
- CaribSea Super Naturals Sunset Gold Aquarium Substrate, 50-lb bag$43.99Chewy Price
- CaribSea Super Naturals Moonlight Sand Aquarium Substrate, 50-lb bag$54.99Chewy Price
- CaribSea Eco-Complete Planted Aquarium Substrate, Black, 20-lb bag$23.99Chewy Price$34.99List Price
- DealPure Water Pebbles Coated Aquarium Gravel, Emerald Green, 5-lb bag$5.49Chewy Price$6.86List Price
- CaribSea Super Naturals Zen Garden Aquarium Substrate, 20-lb bag$21.82Chewy Price$21.99List Price
- GloFish Fluorescent Aquarium Gravel, 5-lb bag, Pearlescent$7.09Chewy Price
- Activ-Flora Planted Aquarium Substrate, Lake Gems, 20-lb bag$23.37Chewy Price$24.99List Price
- Aqua Terra Aquarium & Terrarium Sand, Natural Tan, 5-lb bag$5.49Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Fish Type||Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater|
Questions & Answers
3 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
13 Customer Reviews
Versatile, Natural Bettas love it!
I love this stuff. I have several nano tanks with this substrate, my Bettas love it.. It is smaller sized pieces. Nice natural color variation. It reflects the light in the aquarium, as opposed to a black or dark colored substrate, that absorb the light.
Great substrate for bottom dwellers. I needed to switch to a finer substrate when I got Corydoras, but I didn't want traditional sand because of how difficult it is to vacuum and how it can stir up easily and clog filters. After searching around I was excited to find this type of sand. It's sort of a cross between gravel and sand, and very smooth. It doesn't cloud up, is easy to vacuum, easy to grow plants in and my Corys and Pleco love it! The natural colors are beautiful in any aquascape.
Grains larger than advertised
I do like this substrate, but the description should be corrected. I require specific sized grains for my use (not aquariums), and this is not the 0.25-1mm as in the description. As you can see in the images I uploaded (centimeter side of ruler), the grains are more like 2-4mm on average. An occasional piece reaches 5mm, but not much more. An estimated 2-3% fell through a 1mm seive. There was minimal organic debris that was easy to wash out (floated) after 3-4× rinsing, less than 1/2 teaspoon in a 5lb bag. No significant dust or odor that I noted. I can still use this substrate for a slightly different purpose and am not unhappy with it, but the description is misleading. **Either uploaded images do not appear in previews of posts or I am unable to post a photo, either in the app or on the website, despite photo meeting size requirements.
I was concerned that the pieces were too small when I first received it, thought it would be difficult to deal with (like sand) but it's the opposite. This is the best gravel I've ever used. I have an algea problem and usually by week 2 my gravel is covered in it but it wasn't. Not sure why but I'll take it! Also thought it would clump up when I put it in but it fell into place beautifully and evenly. Even when I cleaned it up it was extremely easy to move around and even out. Also it just looks beautiful! I highly recommend this.
Good business people.
I recommend chewy highly. Friendly people and good prices and above all, excellent delivery service. They are my fish supply store. Good job Chewy. RonT.
Nice alternitive to sand
I wanted to get some bottom feeders for my tanks but have gravel substrates. I did not want to use sand due to problems years ago keeping the sand clean. This is a great alternative to sand. Very small particles and very smooth. It does need to be cleaned prior to use. My new loachs love the feel (I didn't ask them but they seem happy). Even better is the easy vacuuming.
Love the way this substrate looks in my tank! Arrived quickly and didn’t have to do much rinsing before I put it in the tank.
This substrate is perfect for my tank! I decided to re scape my aquarium and this looks wonderful, will buy again for my other tank as well! I also ordered a small bag of sand and they work so well together!
Better than just Sunset Gold; water looks clearer with this on top.
never disappointed with their substrate.. always top shelf