CaribSea Super Naturals Sunset Gold Freshwater Sand, 20-lb bag
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Beautiful, natural uncoated river substrate that offers natural sand, packed with living, water-purifying bacteria, clarifier and a complete water conditioner.
- Sand-size grains are great for bottom dwellers, plus it’s easy to create a natural habitat—just use tap water to begin.
- Approximately 0.25-1.0 mm grain-size, it immediately starts the cycling process by eliminating new tank syndrome and discouraging bothersome algae.
- Perfect way to detoxify metals, eliminate ammonia, neutralize chlorine and chloramines, for a safe environment.
- Provides a protective slime coat for stressed fish, plus it reduces nitrates and nitrites, which can have a negative effect on fish, plants and the aquarium environment in general.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- CaribSea Super Naturals Crystal River Freshwater Sand, 20-lb bag$18.99Chewy Price$27.99List Price
- CaribSea Eco-Complete Planted Aquarium Substrate, Red, 20-lb bag$21.99Chewy Price$29.99List Price$20.89Autoship Price
- CaribSea CoraLine Florida Crushed Coral Marine Gravel, 15-lb bag$23.99Chewy Price
- CaribSea Super Naturals Sunset Gold Aquarium Substrate, 50-lb bag$42.87Chewy Price$43.99List Price
- GloFish Fluorescent Aquarium Gravel, 5-lb bag, Pearlescent$7.09Chewy Price
- CaribSea Seaflor Special Aragonite Aquarium Sand, 40-lb bag$26.99Chewy Price$46.99List Price
- Activ-Flora Planted Aquarium Substrate, Lake Gems, 20-lb bag$21.55Chewy Price$24.99List Price
- CaribSea Super Naturals Zen Garden Aquarium Substrate, 20-lb bag$19.25Chewy Price$21.99List Price
- CaribSea Super Naturals Crystal River Aquarium Substrate, 40-lb bag$43.99Chewy Price
- Aqua Terra Aquarium & Terrarium Sand, Natural White, 5-lb bag$5.41Chewy Price$5.49List Price
- CaribSea Aragonite Florida Aquarium Crushed Coral, 10-lb bag$12.99Chewy Price
- Pure Water Pebbles Frosted Aquarium Gravel, Rainbow, 5-lb bag$4.90Chewy Price$5.59List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Fish Type||Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater|
Questions & Answers
13 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
16 Customer Reviews
best aquarium sand ever!!!!
Hello everyone, This sand is easily the best quality sand I have ever used. If applied properly there will be absolutely no water cloudiness, No air bubbles, and the sand is a great soft quality. I have purchased sand from other chain stores, which gave me doubt of buying more sand. I’m so glad I found this sand. I do recommend pouring the water in a bowl to not mix up the sand with the water. ALL of my fish love laying/playing in the sand. I received great customer service and fast shipping. I now only use Chewy to purchase items for my aquatic friends. I have this sand in four tanks currently and have a 85 gallon that I am trying to set up with it. (the water coloring is from tannins from the drift wood, I currently only have betta tanks lol) You should really try this sand!!!
Love it! Looks great, Color-wise and grain size. Perfect for Eartheaters ( Geophagus, Satanoperca), Corydoras and Loaches.
Beautiful Natural Sand - Mess Free
Just the perfect natural looking sand with the right granule size that is easy to clean. You will need about a bag and a half for a 20 gallon aquarium. TIP to avoid the other reviewer's dusty messy water: You do not need to clean the water at all in a bucket beforehand but HOW YOU POUR THE WATER in is what matters. Lay down grocery plastic bags to cover the sand and then place a large bowl on top of the plastic bags. Pour your bucket of water slowly and carefully into the large bowl until it overflows and then keep pouring the water into the bowl to finish filling up the tank. This method does not disturb the sand at all as it slowly and even fills up the tank ..... compared to just dumping the water in aggressively from a bucket and causing the sand to explode everywhere
Good for what sand is
Super soft sand for my corydoras who love to dig. When using it for the first time you have to make sure not to agitate the sand AT ALL or else it won’t clear up for days. Can be super annoying but thats sand. Once settled though, it is super nice and all my fish are happy.
Save your money
I love Chewy. They are great to work with! I cannot recommend this sand however. I read all the bad reviews and thought I would just be patient and work with cleaning it a little at a time. I had ordered 3 bags and really wanted it to work. Forget about it. After hours of rinsing it still clouds up any time you move it around. I also read a review that talked about the sand killing filter motors . I have real money tied up in my canisters and don’t need the grief. Wish I had seen it originally . It is minute and gets into everything while you try and rinse it. Go with a little larger gravel and save yourself a lot of pain. Everything else I order from chewy exceeds expectations.
Beautiful sand just make sure to rinse it good before you add to your tank
This stuff sucks
I have rinsed, and rinsed, and rinsed some more. Let it sit for an hour. The water is still rust colored. Ugh. I’m afraid to put it in my tank.
sand replaced gravel
I purchased 3-20lb bags of this sand for my 75gal African Cichlid aquarium, after rinsing thoroughly and adding the solution that is supplied with each bag it only took about 4 hrs of cycling with my FX4 canister filter to have a clean and clear tank. I love the way my tank has a natural look to it with large lava rocks as decor and half a pirate ship off to the side, and love to watch my fish sift and move the sand around the tank.
Dusty Sand better options
I recently redid a couple of my fish tanks. I keep chichlids. I used this in one and the crystal River supernaturals in the other. Did all the basics washed the sand thoroughly, drained the water, was very careful putting the sand in. Well over a week later and the tank I used this in will not stop clouding the water. Every tiny movement stirs up dust. Mind you I rinsed the sand in buckets for hours before installing it. The other type Crystal River keeps my water crystal clear and looks great opt for that.
I really like the way my tanks look with this product. It was easy to prepare for use. I only have one problem, my cat fish, when they get energetic stir it up and it takes awhile for for things to settle down. I also have take the filter media out and rinse the sand off. Other than this it is great.