Carlson Pet Products 30-in Extra Wide Dog Gate, Large, Black
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Gate fits openings between 29 inches and 51 inches.
- Stands 30 inches tall.
- Lever-style handle is easy to operate and features a one-touch release safety lock.
- Walk-through design for your convenience.
- Features an integrated 8-inch x 8-inch door for smaller pets to pass through.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Steel 3-Panel Configurable Dog Gate, 30-in, Black$71.08Chewy Price
- Summer Decorative Wood & Metal Pressure Mounted Dog Gate$98.49Chewy Price$99.99List Price
- Frisco Metal Pattern Extra Tall Auto-close Dog Gate, 41-in, Black$74.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Wood & Metal Extra Wide Auto-close Dog Gate, 30-in, Expresso$55.57Chewy Price$64.99List Price
- MyPet Windsor Arch Pet Gate for Dogs & Cats$60.23Chewy Price$84.99List Price
- Carlson Pet Products 36-in Extra Tall Dog Gate, Large, Black$52.99Chewy Price$69.99List Price
- MidWest Steel Pet Gate, White, 39-in$71.76Chewy Price$92.99List Price
- Frisco Wood Accents Extra Tall Auto-close Dog Gate, 41-in, Black$64.99Chewy Price
- Scandinavian Pet Streamline Extra Tall Wall Mounted Dog Gate, White$79.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Steel Extra Tall Auto-Close Dog Gate, 41-in, Gray$47.18Chewy Price
- MyPet Wide Deco EasyPass Pet Gate, 30" High - Graphite$82.99Chewy Price
- MyPet Extra Tall Wide Wire Mesh Dog Gate$44.39Chewy Price$122.00List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds|
|Material||Steel, Metal||Steel, Plastic, Metal||Plastic, Steel, Metal||Wood, Steel, Metal||Steel, Metal|
|Gate Feature||Pet Door, Walk-Through||—||—||Walk-Through||Pet Door, Walk-Through|
|Gate Type||Pressure Mounted||Pressure Mounted||Pressure Mounted||Pressure Mounted||Hardware Mounted|
Questions & Answers
14 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
29 Customer Reviews
Gate works great!
Having 4 cats and 2 dogs, there needs to be a safe zone for the cats. We have a gated off laundry room for the kitty pan and needed a space for the kitties, and still have easy access for humans. This gate was the solution! Had a regular baby gate up, but taking it down every time we wanted to use the room was a hassle. This gate fits great in the 48 inch doorway, easy to open, allows kitties easy access to their room, and keeps out a 75 pound silly puppy! Like the first gate so well, I purchased a second one to go into the other doorway of the room and the baby gats can come down. Now we can have a safe zone for cats, easy access to the room, and no marked wall or doorways. Had to take the gate down once to have full access to the room, but it was easy to reinstall.
Doesn't fit upstairs
It did not fit upstairs. It was too small without the extension and was too wide with the smallest extension. I also tried to attach it downstairs in front of the doorway entrance and the threads of the spindle rod just spun around and did not engage with the gate or ever tighten to make contact with the wall.
Doggie door is ok?
Not crazy about how the little doggie door works!? It doesn’t swing both ways due to locking piece!
The description of this gate is misleading. It says fits doorways between 30-51inches. My doorway is 46 inches. With both extensions it’s about an inch too wide. Without the extra extension, I can just barely fit it between my wall with the screws stretched out all the way making the gate very unstable.
Cat didn't need little door
Bought this particular model because of the tiny bottom door in the door...thought the cat would need it...she just slips between the bars LOL. Anyway, it is good and I have bought 5 of these gates for my homes. A little difficult to install with the compression way it fits but if leaving in place for long periods this is a great gate.
Excellent Dog Gate with Cat Access
I had been looking for a dog gate with a cat door that would fit in the landing of my stairs. This gate is sturdy, good quality, and keeps my two dogs upstairs or downstairs while giving my two cats access to the whole house. It fit very securely in the space once installed. The door latch is very easy to use and both the main door and the cat door stay open when I leave them open. I was initially concerned that my older cat wouldn’t use the cat door as he is kind of tall, but they both figured it out right away. My only gripes are that the instructions aren’t clear about what configuration of gate extensions you need for what width of opening and I wish the cat door was removable as it’s sometimes in the way. Otherwise it’s the perfect solution for our household.
Gate broke in two spots
Was a nice gate but not sturdy and broke in two places making it useless
Very flimsy poor manufacture. Definitely returning this
No more wrecked guest bedroom!
My dog was continually going into the guest bedroom and throwing the pillows and bedspread off the bed. This door keeps him out of the room but the small door allows my cat to go in so that he still can look out of one of his favorite windows. Win win. Plus the door is rather nice looking. Easy to install. I recommend highly.
Best Solution for our excited puppy
This year we added a Bichon/Poodle mix puppy to our household and she is a ball of energy. She is so excitable that I thought this gate would allow us to use the front door without worry for her to go charging through, and it worked! I also love the tension style as it doesn't damage walls. I am more than happy with this purchase.