1) Add soil contents to planter
2) Add enough warm (not hot) water to fully moisten the soil (about 5 or 6 ounces)
3) After water absorbs, stir soil and allow to sit for about 10 minutes
4) Fluff soil and remove about 2-3 tbsp. soil and set aside.
5) Sprinkle seeds evenly over soil
6) Cover seeds with 1/8-inch soil and gently press soil over seeds
7) Place planter in a warm, semi dark area (just away from direct light, not in complete darkness as it may cause mold). NOTE: For faster results cover planter loosely with plastic wrap just until first sprouts appear (no longer than 1-2 days)
8) After sprouts appear or no more than two days, remove plastic wrap and move to a sunny location
9) Keep soil moist until grass reaches 3 inches. Check moisture daily. Once established: do not over water.
10) In about 4-7 days, once grass reaches about 4-5 inches it is ready to feed to your pet.