Cat Mate Large Cat/Small Dog 4-Way Self Lining Door
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- The 4-way locking system allows you to choose between unlocked, locked, in only and out only.
- A built-in brush strip and magnetic closure help protect your home from the elements.
- The transparent flap is made from tough polymer and gives your pet visibility.
- The silent action flap won’t startle your pet or you!
- Suitable for large cats and small dogs, whose shoulder height doesn’t exceed 14 inches.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealFrisco Crate Cover, Black, 36 Inch$33.28Chewy Price$49.99List Price
- DealDog Mate Dog Door, Small$29.99Chewy Price$48.96List Price
- DealFrisco Crate Cover, 30 inch, Blue Crosses$32.66Chewy Price$44.99List Price
- DealPetSafe Electronic SmartDoor Wall Conversion Kit, Small$91.95Chewy Price$94.99List Price
- DealPetSafe Pet Door Installation Kit$16.30Chewy Price$24.99List Price
- DealPetSafe Extreme Weather Energy Efficient Pet Door, Small$54.95Chewy Price$64.99List Price
- DealPetSafe Window & Porch Screen Pet Door, Small$19.95Chewy Price$24.99List Price
- DealPetSafe Classic Pet Door Replacement Flap, Medium$26.95Chewy Price$31.99List Price
- DealKurgo Bench Seat Cover, Charcoal Grey$53.95Chewy Price$58.99List Price
- DealK&H Pet Products Original Lectro-Kennel Heated Pad & Cover, Large$92.99Chewy Price$196.99List Price
- DealPetSafe Freedom Aluminum Pet Door, Small$50.95Chewy Price$64.99List Price
- DealEndura Flap Double Flap Door Mount Dog & Cat Door, Medium, White$529.99Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic, Aluminum, Metal||Plastic||Plastic, Vinyl / PVC|
|Breed Size||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Medium Breeds|
Questions & Answers
40 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
180 Customer Reviews
Screws cannot be unscrewed
Make sure you are confident where you are screwing in the door the first time. The screws cannot be undone and will snap when you try to unscrew them. I had to break the door off and buy a new one.
We had a cat door at our old house and our two cats used it when they were kittens. We moved and when we finally installed it in the new house, the cats had grown and didn’t really fit through it anymore. I went online and saw that this was for larger cats so I thought we’d give it a try. The opening isn’t as tall as the old cat door, but it is wider. One cat went right thru. The other needed some time to get used to it, but now he’s an old pro at going through. This cat door has a clear panel as the flap that opens and both cats love being able to see through it. This door is a winner! Thanks Chewy!
Great product, I replace it every year or so. Only really because the fiber around the gap breaks down some from my cleaning. This is really just by choice. Plus I loved the new brown color choice. A great plus! Thank you for continued promptness from ordering to delivery. It’s usually next day if ordered early enough. Love this item and love Chewy !
15lb cat cannot open this door!
We recently adopted a puppy who thinks our cats are live action toys. Got this cat door and finally got around to installing it. I have two cats, one is close to 15lbs and the other is about 8 lbs. neither cat can open the door, and I have to keep it held up so they can “escape” into our basement when they’ve had enough of the puppy. I have played with all the little lock options on the door itself, and can push it open with a decent effort by hand, but I think the magnet is too strong for even my 15lbs cat to be able to use the door properly.
Terrible pet door
My cat keeps hitting the lock mechanisms with her foot and locking herself out of the house on the coldest night of the year. Very disappointed.
Excellent product and price
I’ve used these little doors for years on my dog kennel for mini dachshunds. Perfect size! Easy to install and last for years even with little chewers. Recently started rebuilding a new kennel and went with these same doors again :)
No Complaints here!
This was a pretty easy to install cat door. I prefer to remove the plastic door, which is hard to remove but it can be done. The locking mechanisms seem to work well, but like I said I remove the plastic door so those were not necessarily a need for me & my family. Overall, would recommend
Cat perfect door
The cat door took about 2 hours to install and it was worth every minute. The door works as it was described. The hardest part was training my cats to push it open with their head. A few cat games got them motivated. My largest cat is about 17-20 pounds and he fits through the opening.
Chewy's Cat Door
We have an outside cat that refuses to stay inside of the cabin, so we moved her to the back gazebo and installed a cat door. It was interesting getting her to use the door, but as of last night, she is doing so. The door had good instructions, was relatively simple to install and provides a waterproof entry for her. She slept last night in her heated cat house, and seemed satisfied of her new place.
I have two cats, one is 7 lbs and can’t open the door. The other is 12 lbs and can head ur it open when locked. So much for being able to put the litter boxes in the basement