Dr. Tim's Active Dog Pursuit Formula Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Packed with 86% animal protein, this recipe encourages a healthy, energetic lifestyle.
- Active dog formula helps to boost endurance and lessen recovery time.
- Omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil help to promote healthy skin and a lustrous coat.
- Metabolically balanced kibble meets the specific needs of a sporting dog.
- Features patented BC30 probiotic and a unique fiber blend to boost your pup's digestive health.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Holistic Select Adult Health Lamb Meal Recipe Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$17.49Chewy Price$16.62Autoship Price
- Wellness Complete Health Healthy Weight Deboned Chicken & Peas Recipe Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$19.98Chewy Price$20.99List Price$18.03Autoship Price
- Wellness CORE Ocean Whitefish, Herring & Salmon Recipe Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$19.98Chewy Price$20.99List Price$18.98Autoship Price
- Halo Holistic Wild Salmon & Whitefish Dog Food Recipe Adult Dry Dog Food Bag, 4-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$22.99List Price$18.99Autoship Price
- Holistic Select Adult Health Anchovy, Sardine & Salmon Meals Recipe Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$18.99Autoship Price
- Holistic Select Large & Giant Breed Puppy Health Lamb Meal & Oatmeal Recipe Dry Dog Food, 30-lb bag$77.99Chewy Price$64.59Autoship Price
- Wellness Complete Health Senior Deboned Chicken & Barley Recipe Dry Dog Food, 15-lb bag$44.98Chewy Price$46.99List Price$37.90Autoship Price
- Wellness Large Breed Complete Health Adult Deboned Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food, 15-lb bag$44.98Chewy Price$46.99List Price$42.73Autoship Price
- AvoDerm Original Lamb Meal & Brown Rice Recipe Adult Dry Dog Food, 4.4-lb bag$16.87Chewy Price$17.99List Price$16.03Autoship Price
- Wellness CORE Grain-Free Beef, Venison & Lamb Formula Canned Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$46.56Chewy Price$47.88List Price$44.23Autoship Price
- Wellness Ninety-Five Percent Beef Grain-Free Canned Dog Food Topper, 13.2-oz, case of 12$46.56Chewy Price$47.88List Price$44.23Autoship Price
- Grandma Lucy's Artisan Pork Grain-Free Freeze-Dried Dog Food, 10-lb bag$83.99Chewy Price$79.79Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Chicken Fat (Preserved With Mixed Natural Tocopherols...||Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Pearled Barley...||Chicken Meal, Ground Corn, Oat Groats...||Beef Meal, Grain Sorghum, Whole Grain Millet...||Chicken Meal, Blood Meal Conventionally Dried, Whole Grain Millet...|
|Special Diet||High-Protein, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, With Grain||With Grain||High-Protein, Gluten Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy...||High-Protein, Sensitive Digestion, Gluten Free...|
|Health Feature||N/A||Brain Health, Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health||N/A||Immune Support, Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health...||Immune Support, Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Beef, Meat||Chicken, Poultry|
Questions & Answers
19 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
178 Customer Reviews
My dog wouldn’t eat it
The first time I gave I this to my dog, she loved it, so I immediately ordered two more bags. After that she wouldn’t eat another bite of it. I tried mixing it with wet food, chicken, broth etc. That didn’t seem to help much. I spent way too much money and was left with 3 full bags, unfortunately.
Excellent option if you don't want grain free
Our 60lb mixed breed (picky eater) puppy is just about the age where he should no longer be on puppy food, and I spent a while trying to decide what to feed him as an adult. I'm skeptical of totally grain free food, and this sounded like a good potential option. Although our puppy is not a working dog, and the Dr Tim's food selection guide might suggest we should go with the more "house pet" variety, at some point you have to trust your instincts about your own pet. Our dog has always been both very energetic and very lean. He goes to a dog daycare once a week, and we can't count how many times a dazed looking employee has asked us at the end of the day, "Does he ever slow down?" Nope! Welcome to our extremely full lives with a large, enthusiastic, joyful bouncy ball of a dog. So... I chose this variety instead. So far he's doing extremely well on this food. I poured some into a small dish and set it aside an equal dish with his previous food, and he gave both a sniff before diving into the Dr. Tim's first. Given that he's a fairly selective eater, we breathed a sigh of relief at the first hurdle passed. Next we integrated it into his diet slowly; he's had some issues with gastric distress in the past, but this has been totally fine. We've had some issues (with his puppy food) with him getting bored at mealtimes and wandering away, but due to our other pets we cannot free feed. This food is fairly dense in caloric and nutritive value, and I feel good about him not being under nourished if he eats a smaller portion some days. All told, it's a win so far. We'll continue to feed him this and update if our experience with it changes.
Option for Purina
We have over twenty dogs, different breeds, different ages that have recently developed upset stomachs after eating a sport dog food we've used for years. Dr. Tim's was recommended to try by a fellow dog lover. We were worried that the change would make matters worse. Surprisingly the dogs stomachs have been so much better and they love it. Delivery is super fast! We can honestly recommend to try Dr. Tim's Active Dog Pursuit Formula Dry Dog Food.
Good food but...
I fed a bag of this to my young active Brittany. She did well on it, liked it and her weight held nicely. The only problem is, it only comes in a 5 lb and 40 lb bag. The small bag only lasts a few weeks and the big bag is WAY too much when you are only feeding one 23# dog. It takes forever to get through and would sit for months before the bag is gone. Hopefully a medium sized bag is released sooner rather than later, like the other formulas have, so I can start feeding it again.
This food must be delicious, I mixed it with my dog’s old food. She (small havanese) picks through the food and only eats this one!
High quality, amazing product
I started my puppy on the Pursuit formula as soon as he arrived. He has done excellent on it from day 1 and is growing nicely. He loves the food and I feel great using such a nice product. Highly recommend.
The dogs sure like this one
Our vet recommended that we switch from grain free dog food to dog food with grain. We have tried a number of high rated foods but our dogs seem to like this one the best.
HuskyJax and possible overfeeding
HuskyJax, you had mentioned in your 1 star review your dog had soft stools close to almost being diarrhea. In my experience with change overs from other foods it can be very easy to overfeed the Pursuit if you are using the same volume of food versus the weight. Pursuit is denser and has more calories than some foods so using equal volumes can easily lead to overfeeding and the dogs cannot digest too much kibble. They will eat it but often it will escape the digestive process because too much food speeds up the transit time of the food through the intestinal tract and is then sent to the colon. There, this undigested food will pull water and lead to diarrhea and/or soft stools. So, what I try to convey is to go easy when transitioning and feed less than you have been and slowly increase the amount fed to maintain solid stools and good weight. Sorry the food didn't work out for you. I think the food smells good, personally. Dr Tim
dogs Love it
I bought this food because of the 5 star recommendation on Dog Food Advisor. I also like that it incorporates whole grain. I believe dogs need grain as well as meat in their diet! I used Nulo Raw as a topper and they both absolutely loved it!
Great pet food
My English setter, a Llewelyn has been on Dr. Tim’s Pursuit dog food since she was a puppy, over ten years ago. She is a very active dog and thrives on this food. She has been very healthy. Her white and spotted fur coat is shiny!! I highly recommend this product.