Dr. Tim's Weight Management Metabolite Formula Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Wholesome protein sources combine with a special fiber blend to help your dog burn calories and lose weight.
- Low-calorie recipe is rich in essential amino acids like L-carnitine, which promote healthy fat metabolism.
- Patented BC30 probiotic works to promote a healthy digestive system.
- Helps to optimize your dog's skin, coat, paws and overall health.
- DHA and EPA from fish oil can assist with inflammation, immunity, brain function, heart health and shedding.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Dr. Tim's Kinesis Senior Dog Formula Dry Food, 15-lb bag$48.89Chewy Price$46.45Autoship Price
- Artemis Fresh Mix Weight Management Senior Formula Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$14.99Chewy Price$14.24Autoship Price
- Dr. Tim's Weight Management Metabolite Formula Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$17.69Chewy Price$16.81Autoship Price
- Annamaet Original 31% Senior Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$23.99Chewy Price$22.79Autoship Price
- Dr. Gary's Best Breed Holistic Senior Reduced Calorie Dry Dog Food, 13-lb bag$31.99Chewy Price$30.39Autoship Price
- Annamaet Grain-Free Lean Low Fat Formula Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$80.99Chewy Price$76.94Autoship Price
- Now Fresh Grain-Free Large Breed Senior Recipe Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$108.99Chewy Price$103.54Autoship Price
- Go! Solutions Carnivore Grain-Free Chicken, Turkey + Duck Senior Recipe Dry Dog Food, 22-lb bag$72.99Chewy Price$77.99List Price$69.34Autoship Price
- Annamaet Grain-Free Re-juvenate Senior Formula Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$111.99Chewy Price$106.39Autoship Price
- Merrick Healthy Grains Senior Recipe Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$22.98Chewy Price$21.83Autoship Price
- AvoDerm Advanced Senior Health Lamb & Chicken Meal Formula Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$59.99Chewy Price$65.99List Price$56.99Autoship Price
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Adult Weight Care Brown Rice, Chicken&Turkey Recipe Dry Dog Food, 4.5-lb bag$16.99Chewy Price$18.99List Price$16.14Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Whole Oat Groats...||Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Pearled Barley...||Chicken, Chicken By-Product Meal, Wheat...||Catfish Meal, Pearled Barley, Oat Groats...||Whole Grain Brown Rice, Real Chicken, Turkey...|
|Special Diet||High-Protein, Weight Control, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, With Grain||Weight Control, Pea-Free, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Sensitive Digestion, Pea-Free, With Grain||Weight Control, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, With Grain|
|Health Feature||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health||Brain Health, Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health||Hip & Joint Support, Dental & Breath Care, Muscle Care||Skin & Coat Health||Skin & Coat Health, Weight Management|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Extra Small Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Salmon, Poultry, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry|
Questions & Answers
27 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
208 Customer Reviews
I put my bloodhound on Dr Tims when my girl was about 2 years old. She was on Purina Pro Plan and I was always having to take her in to the vet to have her anal glands popped. So I did some research and discovered Dr Tims Kinesis. I read the reviews and gave it a try. It made an immediate difference. No more trips to the vet for the anal glands or for stinky ears or ear infections. She was healthier than ever. So after a few years she became overweight because she is terribly lazy and hates to exercise. I took her to the vet for a limp. The vet changed her food to Pro plan weight management. Well she gained on that too. So next they put her on Hills metabolic weight management. She hates it and is having the anal gland issues again. So I discovered that Dr Tims has the Metabolic weight management. She is back on that and once again back on track. The good news is she is losing weight too. Dr Tims is really good dog food. Five stars from Miss Kitty
A long road ahead but this helps
I recently adopted an extremely obese dog weighing 67 pounds with an ideal weight of 30. She has a thyroid issue but this goes far beyond that. The vet sold us a Hill's recipe that I threw away after a couple of weeks due to five large loose bowel movements daily. I switched to Dr. Tim's and we are finally at much-firmer two a day. She is also much more energetic on Dr. Tim's and we're able to get in a walk each day. I do see some shape now to her body and expect a positive result at her weigh-in in two weeks. I did reduce the recommended amount and I put some food back to give as treats during the day. She gets vegetables at night with small amount of kibble.
I’ve always had my dog on a salmon based food which was great and she loved it. But I just couldn’t seem to get her extra weight off. We have been giving her dr. Tim’s brand food for a few weeks. She loves it and enjoys it as treats too. She has lost a 1/2 lb in about 2.5 weeks. I’m really happy I decided to switch her over to Dr. Tim’s and looking forward to seeing her lose weight so she feels better at 13 years old.
Worked for my Dog!
Tried this for my dog for a year and let's just say I had great results with it! Last year the vet weighed him at 55 pounds(which he was overweight) so his current vet visit this year he weighed 46 pounds(which is the ideal weight). Please note that this doesn't happen overnight, it happens with time and patience but don't worry your pooch will be the right weight in no time! Not only did he lose weight but he loves the food in general, he always knows when it's meal time and gets excited!
Best Weight loss brand out there!
We have 3 dogs, a husky, a lab, and a pomeranian/chihuahua. Obviously 3 very extremely different breed types. I found that in the winter, my husky and pomchi were getting lazy with the weather and puting on the lbs. I tried other weight management dog foods, but they just continued to gain... until Dr Tim's. My husky lost 10lbs in 6 months and now is the right weight, she feels better and looks better! My pomchi also lost 3 lbs which is a lot since she only weighs 8 lbs. This dog food is amazing!!
Works For Weight Loss and Management
I first used this food for a disabled client’s 10 y.o. large dog who needed to lose 30 lbs while he was recuperating from a TPLO. Leo hated Royal Canin which was prescribed by the vet. I researched 10 other weight loss foods. Dr. Tim’s had a nutritional profile that I was satisfied with and, best of all, Leo loved it. My second experience with this food is for my 3 y.o. Dalmatian. We do a lot of training (ie, nose work, tricks, consent work for husbandry, obedience) which involves lots of treats. He was starting to look a bit thick when I decided to try Dr. Tim’s. It did the trick. Spot slimed back down. Unfortunately I’ll have to rotate to another food (because it’s a recommended practice to do that a few times a year). But Dr. Tim’s will always be in Spot’s food program.
Worth the Gas?!?
Jury is still out on this one. My golden loves it, and I’m sure she loves the amount she gets with it, but her gas on this food can clear the room quickly. It it horrible. Dr. Tim says it’s probably the peas (I was able to email them) and recommending adding their elk probiotic, thereby making this food combo as expensive as Rx food. Going to finish the bag and weigh her then decide if it’s worth this awful gas, or whether we need to find another option.
Good but pricey
I love this dog food because it does help with my dogs weight but it is getting a little pricey
I have been giving my pups eukanuba fit body weight management food for years. Now I can’t seem to find it. It has been out of stock lately. Although my dogs don’t seem to mind this and it’s very similar ingredient the price for less food per bag is hitting the pocket book. I pay more for four pounds less.
Golden Retriever Success
My Golden retriever has been battling the bulge ever since she was spayed. I cut treats, increased exercise, and drastically reduced her portions but she just kept gaining. She had a blood panel done to rule out certain health conditions. I tried various brands and types of food over the last 2 years that either didn’t result in weight loss or didn’t agree with her in one way or another. Happy to say she’s been on Dr Tim’s Metabolite for 5 months and looks fantastic. She continues to lose weight and while she doesn’t attack this food as ravenously as some others, she does eat it and it seems to satisfy her. It took about 2 months before we saw some significant weight loss. I definitely recommend this food - just give it some time to work.