FirstMate Chicken Formula Limited Ingredient Grain-Free Canned Cat Food
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- A delicious wet food with 96% protein from free-run chicken, and 4% protein from vegetables.
- Nutritionally complete and balanced for cats of all ages, from kitten to senior.
- Limited ingredient recipe completely free of grains, glutens, carrageenan, or guar gum, in BPA-free cans.
- Simple ingredients make this food a great option for pets prone to food sensitivities or allergies.
- Manufactured at their family-owned facility in North America with care.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Solid Gold Five Oceans SeaBream & Tuna Recipe in Gravy Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 12$20.28Chewy Price$19.27Autoship Price
- Natural Balance Platefulls Chicken & Pumpkin Formula in Gravy Grain-Free Cat Food Pouches, 3-oz pouch, case of 24$30.00Chewy Price$28.50Autoship Price
- Applaws Tuna Fillet Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$66.96Chewy Price$63.61Autoship Price
- Wysong Geriatrx Dry Cat Food, 5-lb bag$15.89Chewy Price$15.10Autoship Price
- Ziwi Peak Air-Dried Beef Recipe Cat Food, 14-oz bag$27.58Chewy Price$26.20Autoship Price
- Evolve Classic Deboned Salmon, Rice & Sweet Potato Formula Dry Cat Food, 14-lb bag$36.24Chewy Price$34.43Autoship Price
- Applaws Chicken Breast with Cheese Canned Cat Food, 2.47-oz, case of 24$46.80Chewy Price$50.16List Price$44.46Autoship Price
- Applaws Ocean Fish Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$66.96Chewy Price$63.51Autoship Price
- Weruva Truluxe Meow Me A River with Basa in Gravy Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24$48.99Chewy Price$50.16List Price$46.54Autoship Price
- Weruva Cats in the Kitchen La Isla Bonita Mackerel & Shrimp Au Jus Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 6-oz, case of 24$53.99Chewy Price$54.96List Price$51.29Autoship Price
- Annamaet Chicken Meal & Brown Rice Original Formula Dry Cat Food, 12-lb bag$44.99Chewy Price$42.74Autoship Price
- Triumph Ocean Fish Formula Canned Cat Food, 13.2-oz, case of 12$24.36Chewy Price$25.11List Price$23.14Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Boneless Chicken, Water Sufficient for Processing, Potato...||Boneless Chicken, Water Sufficient For Processing, Pea Starch...||Boneless Turkey, Water Sufficient For Processing, Potato...||Boneless/Skinless Salmon, Water Sufficient For Processing, Potato...||Boneless Turkey, Deboned Tuna, Water Sufficient For Processing...|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Turkey, Poultry||Salmon, Seafood & Fish||Turkey, Tuna, Poultry, Seafood & Fish|
|Special Diet||Sensitive Digestion, Gluten Free, Grain-Free...||Grain-Free, Gluten Free, Limited Ingredient Diet...||Gluten Free, Sensitive Digestion, Grain-Free...||Sensitive Digestion, Grain-Free, Limited Ingredient Diet...||Gluten Free, Grain-Free, Sensitive Digestion, Pea-Free|
Questions & Answers
9 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
34 Customer Reviews
I purchased this because I was excited to find a food that didn't have gum in it. There was no problem with the texture. However, aside from the supplements, the food is only chicken and potatoes. That sounds neither good nor appetizing. My cats ate it here and there, but grew bored quickly. My dog ended up cleaning up what they left behind.
Awesome ingredient list
I love this food. I tend to jump around from different foods for my cats, not really being 100% satisfied with what I bought. This is the ONE food I have kept my cat with IBD on for months and months. There's a short ingredient list with no preservatives. It stays palatable for a few days and my cat has never turned his nose up at this food. Only downside is that its somewhat expensive, but you do get a large quantity. This paired with hills perfect digestion is one happy kitty
Not crazy over this
They nibble, about half get's thrown out after sitting. I'm disappointed because it smells fresh and nice but, I'm not a cat.
None of my three cats will eat this food. They sniff and turn away. It's very watery!
THE BEST you can buy
This company truly understands feline needs and nutrition. Cats need wet food. They do not need gums and thickeners which produce an awful paste which is then called pate. I have read different reviews from other companies where people complained about "water" in the can. When you boil chicken you add (water=) liquid to MAKE BROTH. My 16 indoor kitties LOVE this food and all other food from this company!
They love it at first now they just like it
I have 4 cats and at first they all love it. Now only 2 of them eat it. I don’t know what’s going on , but I’m glad they still eat the food! Thankfully chewy is the best place to shop and I love the large selection of cats food. Thank you!
Healthy food But......
This is a really healthy food but with a cattery it is so hit and miss. The few cats that like their food soupy it went over great. The bigger group said no way
My cats love it!
I really love how clean this product is. No ridiculous additives. I mix it with some raw freeze dried Stella & Chewy's bits and both my cats love it!
so far so good
Canned chicken: Although it looks like cat food that has been barfed up, four of our five cats seem to love it and the other one is too busy outside to eat right now but he’s not finicky so I think he’ll like it too. We have decided to give our cats only the best and after exhaustive research, this food seems to fit the bill for canned food. Haven’t tried dry food yet. Hopefully the cats will continue to eat it!
no carrageenan, guar gum
I first purchased turkey lid for my IBD cat who was going thru a flair up and would not eat any other canned food. It was the turkey that got him thru his 7 days of "pickiness". I purchased the chicken when he decided he would eat some of the turkey but was not as excited about it. First of all, I have a very picky cat and combine that with his IBD it is a challenge. The Chicken arrived and it was a hit, at first. Fast forward, with adding a pet powdered bone broth (I found one with only bone broth and pumpkin)on top of the food he eats it just fine. The consistency is not super stiff as when you open the can the juice is around the food and you have to mix it up which then appears like the consistency of cottage cheese. It does not have long strands of chicken like some of the other brands which is what I was looking for as my cat will not eat the shredded long strands of chicken.No carrageenan, no guar gum, no powered cellulose, no peas or pea protein just potato as something has to bind the food together. A high quality cat food , only issue, I wish First Mate would come out with smaller cans..