FURminator Long Hair Cat Deshedding Tool
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Specially designed for cat companions.
- Features a stainless-steel edge that reaches beneath the long topcoat, removing undercoat and loose hair.
- The curved edge delivers a comfortable experience for your cat by conforming to her body and the ergonomic handle delivers a comfortable experience for you as you groom!
- Helps reduce shedding and hairballs.
- Patented technologies designed by a groomer for paw-fessional results.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- FURminator Short Hair Cat Deshedding Tool, Turquoise, Small$25.48Chewy Price$37.49List Price
- Groomer's Best Fur Fetcher DeShedding Cat Brush$18.27Chewy Price$24.17List Price
- ConairPROPET Soft Slicker Cat Brush, Small$8.99Chewy Price
- ConairPROPET Cat Pin Brush, Small$5.99Chewy Price$8.99List Price
- Safari Bristle Cat Brush$8.49Chewy Price
- Safari Bamboo Bristle Cat Brush$12.49Chewy Price
- Safari Massage Cat Brush$8.49Chewy Price
- Safari Cat Soft Tip Massager$7.99Chewy Price
- Safari Flexible Slicker Cat Brush$21.49Chewy Price
- FURminator FUR deShedding Rinse Free Foaming Cat Shampoo, 8.5-oz bottle$8.00Chewy Price$11.99List Price$7.60Autoship Price
- Pet MasterMind Fab Fur Kitty Detangling Cat Spray, 8-oz bottle$16.95Chewy Price$16.10Autoship Price
- Burt's Bees Dander Reducing Cat Spray, 10-oz bottle$6.31Chewy Price$9.99List Price$5.99Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Stainless Steel, Metal||Stainless Steel, Metal||Rubber||Plastic||Steel, Metal|
|Brush Type||Deshedding Tool||Deshedding Tool||Deshedding Tool||Deshedding Tool||Slicker Brush|
|Grooming Tool Type||Groomer Accessory||Groomer Accessory||—||—||—|
Questions & Answers
7 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
95 Customer Reviews
Doubt No More
I was hesitant about this, but trust me when I say it's better than you would ever expect. Got the large for long haired cats. Have 2 cats, one with long "rabbit" type fur and one with short fur. Neither of them appreciate being groomed with a regular comb, brush, or deshedder comb. They absolutely love this, the short haired cat is a big cat who actually cries when I stop. Never has their fur felt this sleek and neither of them has had an issue with hairballs since I began using the Furminator. You don't apply pressure at all, this is AMAZING!
Great Deshedding Tool!
I have ordered MANY, many brushes + combs for my long haired cats over the years. The cats HATED them and I donated them to charity. A friend recommended the FURminator and I am delighted that I took her suggestion. My cat LOVES me to use this on him. He is fastidious about washing himself, so he would often swallow the fur he licked off and he would soon be barfing up furballs. We have been using the FURminator for 2 weeks and NO furballs! IF you have a cat with long fur, the FURminator is a MUST have item.
Works Very Well
As others, I was hesitant because of the relative high cost. I wish I ordered sooner. I have gotten so much undercoat off my cats with this thing. The long hair version worked well for all of my cats, some not long haired. I think this should reduce hairballs and make grooming themselves much easier.
Furminator deshedding tool for cats
My cat would fight tooth and nail (literally!) when I tried to brush her. She doesn't seem to realize she is being brushed when I used this tool. There is a noticeable decrease in cat hair floating around!
It's works great!
I was a little hesitant to get this because of the price but so glad I did. This works great, took off so much fur and made my little guy's stripes look more beautiful. He hates being brushed but makes no fuss when brushing with this. Can finally pet him without fists of fur coming out.
I have a long haired cat that is difficult to brush and I needed something to take out the undercoat and thin out her hair. Also was hoping it would help with the tangles. This tool was not what I needed. Really doesn't do much for her long thick coat. Also very overpriced
I have a cat that sheds so much you'd think he was a husky. I've tried multiple brushes and nothing has come close to how well this works. It pulls the loose undercoat off and leaves the top coat nice and soft. The push button to release the hair gets stuck occasionally, but that's easy to fix buy just pushing it in again. My chonky boy loves to be brushed now. There's much less fur floating around my house and I've got happier four legged buddies.
works surprisingly well
FURminator Long Hair Cat Deshedding Tool -- This is amazing. The amount of hair it removes is astounding, yet it leaves the over coat intact. We use it outside because the cat hair floats everywhere even though most is caught in the brush. It looks like it would cut hair, but does not. The over/guard hair passes through the comb and the under coat is gathered. It will take several brushings to cover the whole cat. Our cats get tired of the process and move on. They don’t mind the tool any more than a regular brush. It is very easy to use on a medium/short haired cat, especially if they like to be brushed. Our LONG haired cat is more work. The tool works easily on long hair as well. There is a slight resistance as you brush. It does not snag or pull unless there is a tangle or mat. We ordered this one because of the design. I don’t know if other less expensive models would be as effective, but if we order a second, we’d probably try one. We have not used the hair ejector, so I don’t know if that works. You don’t really need it though.
After using this for a few months I've decided it's not that great. It certainly isn't worth the money. This brush works fine, but I have others that I prefer. The click/button to remove the hair from the brush doesn't really work, I still have to pull it out with my hands like other more affordable brushes. It's not terrible it just isn't special and again... not worth the money.
Great Fur Remover
This tool works great at pulling out the undercoat of my long-furred cats. Of my two cats, one loves it (just as she normally loves brushes) and the other won't let me get more than a couple swipes of it (just as she normally hates brushes). So I'd recommend it for cats who tolerate brushing to some degree.