Halo Holistic Vegan Dog Food Complete Digestive Health Plant-Based Recipe with Superfoods Adult Formula Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Made with a vegan blend of blueberries, cranberries, carrots, and apples.
- Contains a proprietary blend of pro, pre, and postbiotics to support digestion.
- Enriched with healthy vitamins and minerals.
- Contains beneficial omega fatty acids to support skin and fur.
- Made without GMOs, soy, corn, wheat, artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Halo Holistic Ocean Vegan Dog Food Plant-Based Recipe Adult Formula Dry Dog Food Bag, 4-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$22.99List Price$18.99Autoship Price
- CANIDAE Sustain Premium Plant-Based Protein Recipe Adult Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$17.99Chewy Price$17.09Autoship Price
- Gather Endless Valley Vegan Dry Dog Food, 16-lb bag$85.00Chewy Price$97.99List Price
- Freely Vegetarian Recipe Limited Ingredient Whole Grain Dry Dog Food, 10-lb bag$59.99Chewy Price$56.99Autoship Price
- Halo Holistic Garden of Vegan Recipe Adult Canned Dog Food, 5.5-oz, case of 12$27.99Chewy Price$30.99List Price$26.59Autoship Price
- Wild Earth Healthy High-Protein Formula Dry Dog Food, 18-lb bag$90.00Chewy Price$85.50Autoship Price
- SquarePet Square Egg Meat Free Formula Dry Dog Food, 4.4-lb bag$33.99Chewy Price$32.29Autoship Price
- Freely Vegetarian Recipe Limited Ingredient Grain-Free Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz can, 6 count$27.99Chewy Price$26.59Autoship Price
- SquarePet VFS Skin & Digestive Support Dry Dog Food, 4.4-lb bag$26.99Chewy Price$25.64Autoship Price
- Earthborn Holistic Venture Limited Ingredient Grain-Free Rabbit Meal & Pumpkin Dry Dog Food, 12.5-lb bag$46.29Chewy Price$43.98Autoship Price
- Zignature Duck Limited Ingredient Formula With Probiotics Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$95.99Chewy Price$91.19Autoship Price
- ACANA Singles Limited Ingredient Diet Beef & Pumpkin Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 4.5-lb bag$25.99Chewy Price$24.69Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Oats, Peas, Chickpeas...||Brown Rice, Oat Groats, Pearled Barley...||Dried Yeast, Chickpeas, Oats...||Brown Rice, Oat Groats, Pearled Barley...||Salmon, Whitefish, Dried Egg Product...|
|Special Diet||Vegan, Chicken-Free, With Grain, High-Protein||Vegetarian, Vegan, With Grain||Vegan, With Grain||Vegetarian, Vegan||With Grain, High-Protein, ----|
|Health Feature||N/A, Vitamins & Minerals||Immune Support, Digestive Health, Vitamins & Minerals...||Digestive Health||—||N/A, Vitamins & Minerals|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Fruits & Vegetables||Fruits & Vegetables||Pumpkin, Fruits & Vegetables||Fruits & Vegetables||Salmon, Seafood & Fish|
Questions & Answers
18 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
203 Customer Reviews
A Wonderful Cruelty-Free Good
We have been feeding this to our beagle for 7 years, her entire life. Yes, it is possible for dogs to be vegan. They are able to digest starch after their many thousands of years living with humans. This food has all the protein (from plants) and nutrients that dogs require and then some. Our dog is very healthy and happy. If you are reading this then you are perhaps thinking about trying vegan food for your dog because you understand that it doesn't make a lot of sense to kill certain types of animals (cows, pigs, chickens) and feed them to other animals (dogs), and claim to be an 'animal lover.' Thanks for reading this review and try the food with confidence and don't listen to those who say dogs have to eat meat - they don't.
no fish oil
This food is the only one that does not have any fish oil in it no salmon white fish etc. gave my dog a DNA test he’s highly allergic to fish highly allergic to fish. I am 66 years old when I was a young girl my mother told me you never give dogs fish. All these companies use fish in their product for their coats it’s the worst food source for dog They’re literally killing our dogs with these products and their foods and not being regulated.
My Newfoundland has severe IBD and has not been able to keep any dog food down for over a year. I tried this after reading reviews and he loves it. He is on a small dose of prednisone which helps control his IBD symptoms but he loves this food and has put weight back on because of it. I am typically not a fan of a vegan diet for dogs but my dog has done so well on this that I would highly recommend.
Dogs LOVE it!
We have three dogs - 2 Goldens & a Toy Aussie. They all three absolutely love and devour this food for both of their meals. This is the first food, ever, that they've been excited to eat. Typically we put add-ons in the food (veggies, supplements, etc.) and they got so spoiled by that, that they wouldn't want to touch any other food without addons. This food has been the exception! They will eat it plain and look so forward to it!
Disappointed in Halo
For whatever reason my last 3 bags smelled off. The two bags with this date my dogs would not eat and smelled rancid like they used sulphur water to make the dog food. The food of the other date smelled less off. Chewy has offered to refund the bags I return which I have no problem with the chewys service but I am very disappointed with Halo dog food. And currently not ordering their dry food and the wet food has become questionable due to the inconsistency sometimes it’s watery and sometimes it is properly made. I hope Halo practices some quality control.
Pups Love it!
Hoping this kibble never goes away! They stopped selling in stores and I’m nervous they are going to get rid of this brand. My German shepherds are allergic to everything and so I’ve had them on this food for years with eggs for protein and it’s been a saver! Thanks!
Healthy Dog Food
This plant based food has been wonderful for my active dog's skin and coat.
I don't recommend this for a dog that has tears
My dog has been tear on one side. But her tear starts on both sides when I feed her this food.
The package came covered in oil. The food itself was not liked by the dog either.
This food gave my dog a much better life quality!!
I rescued my dog at the age of 5, who was pretty much a stray that was not taken care of properly- he loved his life & roamed around the streets of Hawaii every day. Although, when I met him, he was in bad shape from eating foods that he was horribly allergic to, living in the dirt, ect. When I met him, he had severe ear infections & problems with his eyes & teeth. He probably had ear infections his entire life by the looks of it & was infested with fleas. I cleaned him up real good & after about 4 years, spending $1,000’s on medicines, vet visits, food trials, then almost $100 on cytopoint shots- per month, I knew I needed to fine the solution. I didn’t want to inject him with this expensive shot every month that wasn’t good for his health anyways. I got him to take an affordable allergy test from Chewy & he was allergic to pretty much every protein in dog foods & lots of other ingredients in them as well. Going vegan was really the only option. Since switching to Halo’s vegan dry & wet food about a year ago, he stopped needing cytopoint shots, he stopped itching so much (just a tiny bit now, when he used to A LOT & it was probably so miserable for him), his eyes cleared up, no more eye infections & NO MORE EAR INFECTIONS. He lived his whole life with infections & nothing helped except this food & he loves it! It does make him a little gassy & I do have to feed him the wet at a different time than the dry, or else his stomach gets irritated, but it’s worth it! I feed him an egg on occasion as well. Thank you Halo, Nitro is a very happy pup because of this food.