The Honest Kitchen Whole Grain Chicken Recipe Dehydrated Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- This meal rehydrates to 4x its weight—just add warm water and serve it as an easy homemade meal or as a tasty topper for dry dog food! A 10 lb. box makes 40 lbs. of fresh food.
- This recipe is crafted with real whole food ingredients, including free-range chicken, organic oats, carrots and bananas. The ingredients are gently dehydrated for maximum flavor and nutrient retention, and easy digestion.
- Complete and balanced nutrition for adult dogs and puppies of all breed and sizes, including large breed puppies and adult mothers (gestation/lactation).
- Unlike most pet food, which is feed grade, this 100% human-grade recipe is made with human-grade ingredients and produced in a human food facility. That means higher quality ingredients and more safety standards, just like you would expect from your own food!
- Made without by-products, preservatives, fillers, GMO ingredients, corn, wheat or soy.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- The Honest Kitchen Grain-Free Chicken Whole Food Clusters Dry Dog Food, 20-lb bag$83.29Chewy Price$84.99List Price$79.13Autoship Price
- The Honest Kitchen Whole Grain Turkey Recipe Dehydrated Dog Food, 10-lb box$62.99Chewy Price$79.99List Price$59.84Autoship Price
- The Honest Kitchen Grain-Free Beef Whole Food Clusters Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$29.39Chewy Price$29.99List Price$27.92Autoship Price
- The Honest Kitchen Food Clusters Whole Grain Beef & Oat Recipe Dog Food, 20-lb bag$89.99Chewy Price$85.49Autoship Price
- The Honest Kitchen Grain-Free Turkey Whole Food Clusters Dry Dog Food, 20-lb bag$91.13Chewy Price$92.99List Price$86.57Autoship Price
- The Honest Kitchen Beef Recipe Grain-Free Dehydrated Dog Food, 7-lb box$88.19Chewy Price$89.99List Price$83.78Autoship Price
- The Honest Kitchen Food Clusters Whole Grain Chicken & Oat Recipe Dog Food, 20-lb bag$78.39Chewy Price$79.99List Price$74.47Autoship Price
- The Honest Kitchen Whole Grain Fish & Oat Recipe Dehydrated Dog Food, 4-lb box$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- The Honest Kitchen Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dehydrated Dog Food, 7-lb box$79.99Chewy Price$75.99Autoship Price
- The Honest Kitchen Turkey Recipe Grain-Free Dehydrated Dog Food, 7-lb box$83.29Chewy Price$84.99List Price$79.13Autoship Price
- The Honest Kitchen Whole Grain Beef Recipe Dehydrated Dog Food, 7-lb box$66.63Chewy Price$67.99List Price$63.30Autoship Price
- The Honest Kitchen Gourmet Grains Turkey & White Fish Recipe Dehydrated Dog Food, 4-lb box$47.99Chewy Price$45.59Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Dehydrated Chicken, Organic Barley, Dehydrated Potatoes...||Dehydrated Turkey, Organic Oats, Dehydrated Potatoes...||Dehydrated Beef, Organic Oats, Organic Barley...||Dehydrated Chicken, Organic Flaxseed, Dehydrated Potatoes...||Dehydrated Beef, Dehydrated Sweet Potatoes, Dehydrated Potatoes...|
|Special Diet||High-Protein, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Human-Grade...||Low-Protein, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Human-Grade...||Low-Protein, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Human-Grade...||Low-Protein, Grain-Free, Gluten Free...||High-Protein, Grain-Free, Gluten Free...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Turkey, Poultry||Beef, Meat||Chicken, Poultry||Beef, Meat|
Questions & Answers
55 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
902 Customer Reviews
One of my German Shepherds got very picky about eating his breakfast until I started mixing 1/4 cup of this with 1/4 cup of warm water into his kibble. He devours it now. He gets a little canned or eggs, etc. in his evening meal. I would give him more of the Honest Kitchen but it is too expensive to feed exclusively due to his size and due to the number of other animals I have to feed (2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 horses and 8 chickens).
This stuff actually smells good, but I think the consistency is the problem. It practically turns into pate when prepared but sticky, sort of like paste. No chunks to speak of. It just sort of melts into the water. When I mixed it with kibble, it just stuck to all the food pieces and made a huge nasty mess. I actually just read a reviewer that stuffed it in a Kong or whatever, which I am now going to try, as is and also frozen, and see if that works, but it definitely was not what I'd hoped for.
GREAT for sensitive stomachs!
I have a GSD mix with a very sensitive stomach. She initially was on Purina sensitive skin and stomach and was doing “ok” but we had a bout of terrible diarrhea that she wasn’t able to recover from. Poop tests, Blood tests, pancreatic tests, nothing showed up. We switched her to this food and have seen amazing results! It’s pricey but definitely worth the money.
not for my fussy pup
This is really easy to use and smells like real food but my fussy pup doesn't seem to like the texture of the rehydrated food. He ate really well the first couple times we made it for him but now he's snubbing it.
My picky eater
I adopted an emaciated great dane. Thank he first box he loved. He turns his nose up at food he has had for more than three days. My other dog loves it. It's so easy to make.Its very convenient.
Cost and lack of availability
I like the dehydrated food because it produces less trash than canned wet food. That said, the cost of this product has nearly doubled since 2019! A bigger increase than many other dog foods (yes, they've all gone up... and keep going up). You can rarely find the 10lb box which would provide a slightly better value. I had to start mixing in extra oats and leftovers to make the box go further. Thank goodness I only have a 35# dog or this would break the bank.
Perfect for trail meals
This food is perfect for backpacking; more compact than kibble, easy to prepare on the trail, and provides my dogs with the nutrition they need to cover the miles.
My Corgis love it!
We recently switched to this from Purina Bright Minds, wanting to give our dogs something a bit healthier as they are getting older. One of them is a pretty grumpy old man who only gets excited for dinner time and now he finishes every meal with a big smile! The only thing to note is that the water-to-food ratio is a bit off. We do about 1:1 so that the food isn’t too watery. I also love that you can prepare in advance and refrigerate it. That will make prepping for a dog sitter to come so much easier.
I wish my dog liked it
Good concept however my dog would not eat it. A few slurps but nothing more. I say slurps and not bites because the consistency was not what I had envisioned. I guess I thought it would be more chicken like but instead it was soupy like oatmeal. Oatmeal is 1 of the main ingredients so I guess it makes sense. Sorry. I am returning mine. I really wanted this to work. I DO love Honest Kitchen and highly recommend their PourOvers. This is the 1st product I have not liked.
Dogs did not like
I wanted to try this product because our dogs love the dry food clusters from The Honest Kitchen, but they did not like it. This food has the consistency of glue, and they will sniff it and walk away hungry. I'm glad I only bought a small box because it was a waste.