Lixit Pill Popper, Purple
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Pill dispenser is ideal for pets who have trouble taking daily medication or as-needed pills.
- Easily administers pills with or without liquid and the soft and safe applicator tip protects the throat.
- For dry use, simply pull back the plunger, insert the pill, and press the plunger to eject the pill towards the back of their throat.
- For wet use, place the popper into milk or water with the plunger depressed, pull back the plunger, and then follow the same dry steps.
- Flexible tip is made to hold various pill sizes so you only need one. Hand wash only.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- VetOne Pet Piller for Dogs & Cats, 12 count$29.99Chewy Price
- Jorvet Pet Pill Gun for Dogs & Cats, 12 Count$29.01Chewy Price
- Pet MD Wrap-A-Pill Peanut Butter Flavor Pill Paste Dog & Cat Supplement, 4.2-oz tub$13.99Chewy Price$16.99List Price$13.29Autoship Price
- Zesty Paws Pill Wrap Probiotic Paste Bacon Flavored Digestive Supplement for Dogs, 4.2-oz bottle$16.97Chewy Price$16.12Autoship Price
- Pet Wellbeing Kidney Support GOLD Bacon Flavored Liquid Kidney Supplement for Dogs & Cats, 2-oz bottle$40.95Chewy Price$38.90Autoship Price
- Vetoquinol Renal K+ Gel Kidney Supplement for Cats & Dogs, 5-oz tube$17.49Chewy Price$16.62Autoship Price
- Rx Vitamins Rx Renal Capsules Kidney Supplement for Dogs, 120 count$24.00Chewy Price$36.00List Price$22.80Autoship Price
- Rx Vitamins Phos-Bind Powder Kidney Supplement for Dogs, 200-g$34.78Chewy Price$42.00List Price$33.04Autoship Price
- Animal Nutritional Products UroMAXX Urinary, Kidney & Bladder Dog & Cat Supplement, 6-oz bottle$28.85Chewy Price$34.88List Price$27.41Autoship Price
- Vetoquinol Renal K+ Powder Kidney Supplement for Cats & Dogs, 100g container$22.49Chewy Price$21.37Autoship Price
- AminAvast Kidney Support Dog Supplement, 60 count$52.80Chewy Price$55.00List Price
- Rx Vitamins Rx B12 Liquid Digestive Supplement for Cats & Dogs, 4-oz bottle$28.00Chewy Price$26.60Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds|
|Health Feature||First Aid||First Aid||First Aid, Recovery||Milk Replacer||First Aid|
Questions & Answers
7 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
317 Customer Reviews
Depends on pill size
Bought this one because prior one I bought was too big and smaller pills fell out. This one holds small pills, but when I use it for a portion of a larger pill (only give 1/4 of that pill) that fits tighter into the end, the plunger type thing that is supposed to push the pill out bends and doesn’t push the pill out.
Waste of money
The thing that's supposed to push the pill in my cats mouth completely missed the pill and lodged itself between the pill and the soft rubber piece that hold the pill and made things 40 times worse for me and my cat .. I so wish I didn't spend any money on this .. I had better luck with my hands
Do not buy
There are a thousand other pill poppers out there that work better then this one. Save your money. The inside plunger part is too small and the part that holds the pill is too tight. It does not deliver the pill. The pill just sticks in it.
Worked for us.
I wasn't sure how this would work with my cat but from the first time it was successful. It held the small half-pill well and I coated the pills with a little butter but don't know if that was really necessary. When pill pockets aren't appealing this is the next best thing.
Perfect for dispensing tiny pills
My cat Cisco has to take a tiny half of a pill daily. The pill would fall out of my current pill popper because the opening was too large. The Lixit pill popper has a small opening that easily holds the tiny half pill in place. It also has tabs on the barrel to rest your fingers on making it easy to push the plunger. It dispenses the pill right to the back of Cisco's throat. And down goes the pill!
Needs some improvements
It’s a good start for a pill pusher. I accidentally pulled the plunger out putting water in it and it got twisted going back in so now it’s crooked. The plunger is kind of hard to pull out and push back in. It holds a whole or half a pill pretty good. It didn’t work well for me and it freaked my cats out so I’ll stick to the pill pockets or sticking it in their mouths.
Won't work for small pills
I have to give half of a tiny pill to my cat. The plunger is much smaller than the internal circumference of the syringe, so the pill wedges inside the plunger. Every time. I've tried this many times. Perhaps it would work with larger pills, but the pills for hyperthyroid and HBP are tiny. I love the length of the syringe, but cannot use it.
This pill dispenser makes it so much easier to dose my 7 lb chihuahua’s 2xdaily capsule that should not be chewed. Has held up well for the two weeks I’ve had it. Larger pills may not fit. Highly recommend.
Not so great
I bought this pill popper for one of my cats. It's larger pill. As soon as I put it in, the pill fell out. So I pushed it in further, it held. But when put it in kittys mouth, it fell out again. Tried again, got it in his mouth eventually, even though pill wasn't secure. Popped it in as far as I could, he still spit it out. Not helpful at all. Will get one from my my vet,which hopefully will work. Tired of getting bit trying to give pills.
Need Good Hands
We have to give our new rescue some pills for an infection she has. My hands don't cooperate with my plans sometimes, and it seems pilling a cat is one of those times, so we bought this pill popper. We have to give her 1-1/2 pill per day. The popper didn't hold either the whole or the half pill long enough to get it into her mouth. Consequently, we put it away and I am presently just dropping the pills into her mouth and holding it shut until she swallows the pill. We'll save it until we have a larger pill to give to one of our girls.