Merrick Healthy Grains Healthy Weight Recipe Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Lower calorie recipe is great for helping your pooch maintain the paw-fect weight.
- Made into large kibble bites that are packed with protein, produce, and whole grains—including ancient grains for excellent protein and fiber.
- Formulated with deboned chic-ken as its first ingredient.
- Contains L-carnitine to support your pup’s metabolism
- Formulated with glucosamine and chondroitin to support hip and joint health, and omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids to support skin and coat health.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealAmerican Journey Healthy Weight Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$54.99Chewy Price$52.24Autoship Price
- Merrick Grain-Free Dry Dog Food Healthy Weight Recipe, 4-lb bag$22.98Chewy Price$21.83Autoship Price
- DealAmerican Journey Healthy Weight Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$58.29Chewy Price$55.38Autoship Price
- Merrick Healthy Grains Senior Recipe Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$21.09Chewy Price$22.98List Price$20.04Autoship Price
- DealHalo Holistic Grain Free Turkey, Turkey Liver, & Duck Senior Dog Food Recipe Dry Dog Food Bag, 10-lb bag$48.99Chewy Price$52.99List Price$46.54Autoship Price
- DealNow Fresh Grain-Free Large Breed Senior Recipe Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$108.99Chewy Price$103.54Autoship Price
- DealHalo Holistic Grain Free Turkey, Turkey Liver, & Duck Dog Food Recipe Healthy Weight Adult Dry Dog Food Bag, 21-lb bag$84.99Chewy Price$89.99List Price$80.74Autoship Price
- Merrick Healthy Grains Real Salmon & Brown Rice Recipe With Ancient Grains Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag$49.98Chewy Price$47.48Autoship Price
- Merrick Grain-Free Senior Dry Dog Food Real Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe, 4-lb bag$22.98Chewy Price$21.83Autoship Price
- DealNow Fresh Grain-Free Senior Formula Dry Dog Food, 3.5-lb bag$24.99Chewy Price$23.74Autoship Price
- DealAvoDerm Advanced Healthy Weight Turkey Meal Formula Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$20.99Chewy Price$19.94Autoship Price
- DealWellness Simple Limited Ingredient Diet Grain-Free Healthy Weight Salmon & Peas Formula Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$82.99Chewy Price$78.84Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice...||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice...||Deboned Salmon, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice...||Deboned Salmon, Salmon Meal, Brown Rice...||Deboned Beef, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice...|
|Special Diet||Weight Control, High-Protein, Sensitive Digestion...||High-Protein, Sensitive Digestion, No Corn No Wheat No Soy...||High-Protein, Sensitive Digestion, No Corn No Wheat No Soy...||High-Protein, Sensitive Digestion, Pea-Free, Raw, With Grain||High-Protein, Sensitive Digestion, Pea-Free, Raw, With Grain|
|Health Feature||Skin & Coat Health, Hip & Joint Support, Digestive Health...||Skin & Coat Health, Hip & Joint Support, Digestive Health...||Skin & Coat Health, Hip & Joint Support, Digestive Health...||Skin & Coat Health, Hip & Joint Support, Digestive Health...||Skin & Coat Health, Hip & Joint Support, Digestive Health...|
|Breed Size||Large Breeds, Medium Breeds, Small Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds, Medium Breeds, Small Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds, Medium Breeds, Small Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds, Medium Breeds, Small Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds, Medium Breeds, Small Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Salmon, Seafood & Fish||Salmon, Seafood & Fish||Beef, Meat|
Questions & Answers
5 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
45 Customer Reviews
Pups are losing weight and LOVING this food
My chunky labrador had ballooned up to 106 pounds and needed to lose some serious weight and my dachshund is prone to a fat belly as well. The calories in this food are much less than regular food so I was able to still feed the same amount with less calories. I'm happy to report that they are both looking thinner. I feed it to all my pups since they are getting older and a little more sedentary. Even my GSP eats this food and doesn't seem to need the extra calories, as she's maintaining her girlish figure nicely, although I do give her cheese on a regular basis for her twice daily medicines!
Too Little Oil
Good nutrition, but the low-calorie food has too little oil in the mix. Poops turned hard and dry; dogs were constipated. Were able to use it by adding 3-6-9 oil to their dinners.
Best Choice for Healthy Weight Maintenance
My small 10-year-old, 12-pound Miniature Schnauzer isn't a picky eater, but has a sensitive system. Until recently, there were 5 - all rescues, but over the past 3 years, our little family has sadly said goodbye to the 4 older ones - two were 15 years old, one was 14, and the last one to cross the Bridge was 21 years old. Because Minis are (VERY) predisposed to pancreatitis and weight gain, I have always kept them on a low fat diet. I've always felt that one of the most loving things we can do for our companions is to keep them at a healthy weight, so when one of my dogs needed to a few pounds, I was committed to getting his weight down to a healthy level. It was a long, frustrating hunt and nothing worked to get the weight off until I found Amicus by Horizon which is a grain-free kibble. Four of my five boys tolerated it very well, but 'the wonder ingredient'—red lentils as an alternate carbohydrate and fiber source, resulted in consistently loose, runny stools for my little 12-pounder. In addition, I've since learned that "... that feeding a grain-free diet can be harmful to dogs when coupled with a high-protein diet." Enter Merrick Healthy Grains Healthy Weight Recipe Dry Dog Food! It's very palatable - he really loves it and the fat content is THE lowest I've found in any dog food, which is great. This recipe contains no peas or lentils, but does provide healthy proteins and grains. Of course, the proof is in the kibble. For Topo it's highly digestible and no more loose, runny stools. Of course, the cherry on top is that it's made right here in Texas, so I'm sold.
Has it all
I have 3 dogs who all really like this food. My brother's dog who is quite picky also likes it. I am extremely picky about ingredients, and am impressed with the listing. It is hard to find a good low fat dry food The protein is usually low with inferior grains. This is not so with this food. It has it all.
bought by mistake, but pleasantly surprised
I’m still not entirely sure how I selected the weight-management dog food, but I wasn’t going to let it go to waste. I’ve always had this impression that “weight-management” food would be unappetizing, but maybe that’s just the human variety because all 3 of my dogs really like it. I have one very picky eater and even she eats it without too much coaxing. I still have to sometimes put a food topper, but overall, this was a surprise win. The kibble are approximately the size of the cereal Kix so could very easily be eaten by smaller breeds.
Great healthy food
We changed our lab to this because he was starting to get a little chonky. He’s trimmed down just a bit and he loves this food. E had no trouble switching him.
A higher fiber option
Max needs a little extra fiber in his diet. We give him about 1/4 cup of this with the rest being the Original flavor in the red bag. He likes it. Finding a higher fiber food without going to a weight control variety is hard.
Good for weight lose too
I am impressed. Both my dogs seem to like this food. Also my 13 has lost some weight eating this food. She needed to lose some so it works out.
Not a winner
Tried this based on reviews. However, my dog won't touch it. Very disappointing as it has great ingredients.
Overweight dog loves it!
Our 10lb overweight dog needs to loose weight. Tried 2 other brands that our dog didn't care for. Decided to try Merrick and he loves it.