Oxbow Essentials Cavy Performance Young Guinea Pig Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Specially formulated to mirror a young Guinea Pig's natural diet. This will ensure that your pet lives a healthy lifestyle. Not recommended feed for adult Guinea Pigs
- Fortified with stabilized Vitamin C, help ensure that your pet's immunity system is in tip-top shape.
- Contains alfalfa to meet energy needs of young, pregnant, and nursing guinea pigs
- 75% of your guinea pig’s diet should be grass hay
- Made of high-quality, all natural hay
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Oxbow Organic Meadow Hay Small Animal Food, 15-oz bag$4.79Chewy Price$5.99List Price$4.55Autoship Price
- Mazuri Timothy-Based Rabbit Food, 5-lb bag$14.99Chewy Price$16.99List Price$14.24Autoship Price
- Kaytee Fiesta Gourmet Variety Diet Rabbit Food, 6.5-lb bag$15.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price$15.19Autoship Price
- Kaytee Supreme Fortified Daily Diet Rabbit Food, 5-lb bag$8.74Chewy Price$8.30Autoship Price
- Kaytee Supreme Fortified Daily Diet Mouse & Rat Food, 4-lb bag$8.99Chewy Price$8.54Autoship Price
- Oxbow Oat Hay Small Animal Food, 15-oz bag$4.79Chewy Price$5.99List Price$4.55Autoship Price
- Oxbow Essentials Hamster Food & Gerbil Food All Natural Hamster & Gerbil Food, 15-lb bag$40.21Chewy Price$46.99List Price$38.20Autoship Price
- Kaytee Supreme Fortified Daily Diet Guinea Pig Food, 5-lb bag$10.16Chewy Price$9.65Autoship Price
- Kaytee Timothy Complete Rabbit Food, 4.5-lb bag$11.99Chewy Price$11.39Autoship Price
- Kaytee Forti-Diet Pro Health Juvenile Rabbit Food, 5-lb bag$8.99Chewy Price$8.54Autoship Price
- Oxbow Essentials Young Rabbit Food All Natural Rabbit Pellets, 10-lb bag$18.69Chewy Price$20.99List Price$17.76Autoship Price
- Brown's Tropical Carnival Gourmet Rabbit Food, 10-lb bag$35.49Chewy Price$47.39List Price$33.72Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Alfalfa Meal, Soybean Hulls, Wheat Middlings...||Timothy Grass Meal, Soybean Hulls, Wheat Middlings...||Ground Timothy Hay, Ground Soybean Hulls, Wheat Middlings...||Timothy Grass, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Sunflower Meal...||Timothy Grass Meal, Oat Grass, Orchard Grass...|
|Small Pet Type||Guinea Pig||Guinea Pig||Guinea Pig||Guinea Pig||Guinea Pig|
|Special Diet||High Fiber, High-Protein||High Fiber||High Fiber||Non-GMO||Natural, High Fiber|
|Health Feature||—||Vitamins & Minerals||Digestive Health, Vitamins & Minerals||Vitamins & Minerals||Senior Care|
Questions & Answers
5 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
73 Customer Reviews
Not eating this product with gusto
I bought this product for our new guinea pig who is 3 & 1/2 months old. She is not eating it with gusto... sort of just picks at it here & there. She prefers pellet foods that are meant for adult guinea pigs. I can't imagine why she doesn't like the Oxbow, though. It smells and looks good. I'd eat it if I were a guinea pig, but she's the one who needs the nourishment! p.s. We had another young guinea pig a few years ago who really liked this food.
Oxbow Essentials Cavy Performance
My guinea pigs just love this product and makes them happy.
A very healthy food for Guinea Pigs.
My Guinea Pigs loved this Oxbow fod and have gotten it many times before. Highly recommend. Worth the money.
Piggies gobbling this up
One of my Guinea pigs wasn't eating much, so I thought I'd try the alfalfa pellets. Seems to like this over the Timothy hay based pellets. Hopefully this plumps him up, he seems underweight for a 4 month old.
we have been using this for our five piggies and they absolutely love it. Great food, I would really recommend it to people with young guinea piggies under 6 months old.
Guinea Pig Food. Great for babies
Please use this brand if you are starting out with younglings. Even your local vet would want you to start on this. Even tho it is slightly expensive, your pigs will have such great health with this brand of pellets that it provides
My 2 young piggy boys loves this food. I like the small pellets and green color. Piggies go crazy for this food.
I have 2-11 week old piggies. They have to have baby piggie food and this is perfect. The pieces are small enough for them to pick up and eat. I highly recommend.
Great For Growth + Health
i bought this Oxbow after researching every Food my New Cavy which would be best = proven + highly rated + vet recommended...My cavy has eaten this YGP Oxbow Food since July 10th 2019 - Today August 2020 = my Cavy Is Healthy + Coat is Beautiful + Knight's Energy is real good definitely recommend. next ill go with Adult Oxbow thru Knight's Life. anyway, Great Buy, regards
The piggies love it!
We get the 25lb bag. The guinea pigs love it. We haven’t had any issues with any of the bags we’ve gotten. It’s always fresh and keeps well in the resealable bag.