Perky-Pet Green Seed Ball Wild Bird Feeder
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Premium construction contains no plastic or wood parts.
- Holds 1.12 lb. of black oil sunflower seed to attract a variety of winged friends.
- Attractive green finish blends into natural surroundings.
- Mesh wire design is made to withstand the elements.
- Stands up to squirrels and other small animals who might try to gobble up birdseed.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- More Birds Abundance Bird Feeder$21.30Chewy Price$45.99List Price
- North States Village Collection Small Bird Feeder, Blue Cottage$13.12Chewy Price$27.99List Price
- Droll Yankees Classic Sunflower or Mixed Seed Bird Feeder, 20-in$43.49Chewy Price$94.99List Price
- JW Pet Clean Water Silo Bird Waterer, Tall$5.79Chewy Price$6.99List Price
- Perky-Pet Panorama Wild Bird Feeder, Brown$28.39Chewy Price$40.49List Price
- Perky-Pet Panorama Bird Feeder, Copper$14.98Chewy Price$24.99List Price
- JW Pet InSight Clean Cup Bird Feed & Water Cup, Small, 2 count$4.62Chewy Price$4.86List Price
- More Birds Squirrel-Proof Double Suet Bird Feeder$20.16Chewy Price$46.99List Price
- C&S Ez Fill Suet Basket Wild Bird Feeder$2.26Chewy Price$4.99List Price
- North States Two-Way Squirrel Baffle, Large$16.99Chewy Price
- Perky-Pet Finch Wild Bird Feeder$8.99Chewy Price$10.99List Price
- Frisco Ultra Squirrel Defense Wild Bird Feeder$67.99Chewy Price$84.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Bird Type||Wild Bird||Wild Bird||Wild Bird, Bluebird, Woodpecker||Oriole, Wild Bird||Pigeon|
|Capacity (Max)||1.12 pounds||3-Ib||24-ounce||32-oz||49 cubic inches|
Questions & Answers
3 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
14 Customer Reviews
Easy to add food, hang and watch birds. Squirrels try to get into, but they can’t. Works for medium size sunflower seeds, peanuts, etc. Large seeds are bigger than holes and small seeds will fall through. This is good for climbing birds, but some birds like sparrows have difficulty grabbing hold, so need to hang near a branch/perch.
Great for Black Oil Sunflower Seeds
This is an excellent little feeder for sunflower seeds. It's smaller than I thought but pigeons, European starlings, doves, crows, etc. either can't or won't use it but smaller birds can. I've had finches, cardinals, blue jays, chickadees, red-headed woodpeckers, and more use this feeder. Compared to the tube feeder and the platform feeder, this feeder only seems to be preferred by the woodpeckers but the other birds will use if the other feeders are busy or running low. I have had a couple squirrels try to use this feeder but they don't usually bother climbing up to it. Some sunflower seeds will just fall out from openings in this feeder so squirrels and chipmunks tend to wait under it when the birds are using it. I don't mind so it doesn't bother me. You also probably can't use seeds smaller than sunflower seeds as they will just fall out.
No more squirrels!
I bought 2 of these and the squirrels are not able to latch on and feed. The ball swings away and they lose their footing on the pole. I had basket feeders and the lids were torn off by raccoons so the squirrels would just climb in and eat. Although it is inconvenient, I am bringing these indoors in the evening, so they are not destroyed by the raccoons at night. I am going to purchase 2 more for my front yard feeders. I am saving a ton of bird seed!
My littles love it. They play on it all day. Everyone gathers underneath it too and wait for food to drop. So much fun to sit and watch.
I find the squirrels like the black sunflower seeds I put into the balls. The lid is strong and secure.
small birds love this
The finches, chickadees, titmice (titmouses?...whatever) love this and don't get crowded out by the larger birds. Me? I just think it's cute as can be! Good value. Well made.
My Second One!
I bought one of these quite a few months back. It works great. I added another one to my collection. The squirrels can get seed out of it. But, they can' t monopolize it. It holds sunflower seeds just fine. Smaller seeds will fall out.
Seed ball feeder
I just filled them and am getting ready to put them out. I am hoping the round ones will keep the squirrels out of my feeders. I waited until I got a new bird station. If the squirrels can not get into them, I will be ordering more to replace the ones the squirrels get into.
I’m not using it for it’s stated purpose. I actually bought this for the squirrels - to distract them from the bird area. I filled it with peanuts, but the squirrels can’t seem to get at them because of the small holes. But - so lucky - I see chickadees, titmice, nuthatches, and downy woodpeckers using it all the time. It’s perfect - because the big birds and squirrels can’t use it. I have a different peanut feeder for them.
The birds love it
Great little feeder. Holds lots of black oil sunflower seeds. Cardinal found it the first day I hung it up.