PetSafe CareLift Handicapped Support Dog Harness
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- This harness provides full-body support for senior, disabled or recovering dogs.
- Features support handles to help you lift your pal without putting pressure on his joints.
- The included shoulder strap is designed to help you lift your pup in and out of the car or up stairs without straining your back.
- Designed to make potty breaks easy for both male and female dogs.
- Fully adjustable for the perfect fit and padded for comfort.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- PetSafe Easy Walk Dog Harness, Red/Black, Small/Medium$22.95Chewy Price$28.99List Price
- Four Paws Walk-About Quick-Fit Dog Muzzle, M (Short Snout Breeds)$5.82Chewy Price$18.69List Price
- Puppia Polyester Back Clip Dog Harness, Sky Blue, Medium: 16 to 22-in chest$15.86Chewy Price$21.00List Price
- Puppia Black Trim Polyester Back Clip Dog Harness, Camo, Large: 20 to 29-in chest$18.40Chewy Price$21.00List Price
- Puppia Vest Polyester Step In Back Clip Dog Harness, Red, Medium: 13.9-in chest$21.90Chewy Price$23.00List Price
- Kurgo Tru-Fit Smart Harness with Plastic Quick Release Buckles, Black, X-Small$26.95Chewy Price$29.99List Price
- Starmark Pro-Training Plastic Dog Collar, Small: up to 15-in neck, 3/4-in wide$10.62Chewy Price$10.99List Price
- Kurgo Tru-Fit Enhanced Strength Crash Tested Smart Car Dog Harness, Black, Small$39.95Chewy Price$42.99List Price
- EzyDog Zero Shock Absorbing Dog Leash, Black, 48-in$38.00Chewy Price
- Aspen Pet Spiral Stake with 20-Ft Tie-out Cable, Medium, 16-in$12.49Chewy Price$20.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Fleece, Synthetic Fabric||Neoprene, Rubber||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric|
|Harness Type||Handicapped Support||Handicapped Support||Handicapped Support||Handicapped Support||Handicapped Support|
|Leash & Collar Feature||Dual Clip, Waterproof||Dual Clip||—||—||Dual Clip, Waterproof|
|Breed Size||Giant Breeds||Giant Breeds||Large Breeds, Medium Breeds||Large Breeds||Small Breeds|
|Lifestage||Adult, Senior||Adult, Senior||Adult||Adult||Adult, Senior|
|Closure Type||Quick Release||Quick Release||Hook & Loop||Velcro||Quick Release|
Questions & Answers
40 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
237 Customer Reviews
Old Dog Helper
This harness works great getting our 90# labradoodle in and out of our SUV. We keep the front harness in all the time and use it for getting her up stairs or from sitting when she is sore or stiff. Make a 2 person lift super easy and 1 person lift manageable.
This has been great for short potty breaks when I don't want to put him in his wheelchair. I had some difficulty using this at first but it was all user error on my part. It has made things a lot easier for me and my pup.
Seems to work fine
I have a big, deep-bodied German shepherd female so ordered the large size as per the size guidelines. The straps could be more customizable. The front portion of the harness will not tighten up enough but the rear (where she needs the support most) fits fine. I like the "butt" straps which alot of the other lift harnesses don't have. Also, not sure why they have mega heavy-duty clips that weigh about 6 ounces a piece to simply clip the front and back portions of the harness together along the back. They are overly big and clunky laying on my dog's back.
Buying the Help Em Up Harness now
Before I spent $100+ on the Help Em Up Harness, I wanted to give this one a shot. I didn't have a good experience. In the process of returning this, and about to buy the real thing. Let it be noted that I know how to properly fit a dog harness. *PROS*: 1.) Enabled me to assist my senior dog up the stairs. It gave her confidence, which was absolutely wonderful to witness. *CONS*: 1.) The rear harness had a strange fitment. It felt too tight around her legs, but it fit fine under her stomach. It kept shifting to one side, and I would move the straps before she pooped. After a few days, the rear harness started to stink. Strange foul yet sweet odor. Took the rear harness off and the smell went away. 2.) Front harness stayed on for about 2 weeks. The fit was weird. In order not to shift to one side, it had to be very tight. Ended up aggravating her skin. Just took it off her. 3.) The connecting strap is very bulky. Large metal buckles. When she laid against the wall, the buckles would hit the wall and make noise. Not a big deal, but it's worth mentioning.
Well made ,measure for size
This was well made I had no issues of it falling apart like mentioned in other reviews Made it easier to help my Geriatric dog in and out of the house. Size was perfect for back end though large for front but still worked Only used this for a short time as he passed away suddenly. Would recommend this product
Not All Dogs Accept
Maybe I waited too late to try this harness but it put my dog into major panic mode when attempting to put it on her. She is 15 and is not used to wearing a collar or harness. Her harness is worn for outings and walks in the past so not something we do regularly. So trying to even get it on her was so frightening for her. She is 15 and losing all muscle in her hind legs. I bought this to help me pick her up since I have back issues. Wish I could return it now.
Does not provide hip support
All of the pictures of this product show a band going under the hips. That band is only for male dogs though as a penis protector. There is no actual hip support for lifting if your dog is female. The metal buckles also make the product very heavy for your dog, and clank around.
Helpful, but has limitations
I got this for my geriatric Labrador who has trouble getting up sometimes after lying down, and is unable to go up our porch stairs on his own anymore. This has been very helpful, although there are a few quirks. 1) the strap that goes under the belly covers his penis, so he urinates on it. Not a big deal- I just removed that whole strap and the other straps provide enough support, but slightly less than ideal. 2) the front part of the harness requires the dog to step into it, or you have to lift their feet. For some dogs this would be no big deal, but for my large dog that is already unstable while standing, if I lift one front paw he falls over or almost falls. After a few times of doing this he started to hate the harness and it became very difficult to get on him. So, for some dogs this can be a godsend, but I would recommend paying more for the actual Help ‘Em Up brand, as the quirks do not exist with it!
Safe way to negotiate stairs
Have been using this to go up and down stairs to our TV room in the basement. Works great and allows the dog to be with us watching TV in the evening. Bella really appreciates being with us!
I am a veterinarian, and my own dog Eddie was struggling with a degenerative disease that progressively weakened his hind legs. I bought this to help him up while I myself was in a wheelchair following surgery on a broken ankle. This harness system worked quite well even for me in my limited state.