PetSafe Extreme Weather Energy Efficient Pet Door
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- The thoughtful 3-flap design is rated 3.5 times more energy efficient than most single flap doors.
- The center insulated flap is paw-fect for cold climates and hot climate and helps keep warm air and cool air inside your home where it belongs. The insulated flap color may vary (yellow or grey).
- Designed with a snap-on closing panel to prevent your pet from using the door when you don’t want her to. You can also purchase a separate outer closing panel for additional weather protection.
- Comes with detailed instructions, a cutting template and hardware for installation.
- Suitable for pets up to 100 pounds.
Click here for door installation kit.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealFrisco Classic Wooden Outdoor Dog House, White, Medium$249.99Chewy Price
- DealPetSafe Freedom Pet Door Replacement Flap, Small$17.95Chewy Price$22.99List Price
- DealPetSafe Classic Pet Door Replacement Flap, Medium$26.95Chewy Price$31.99List Price
- DealPetSafe Freedom Aluminum Pet Door, Large$94.95Chewy Price$109.99List Price
- DealPetSafe Pet Door for Dogs & Cats, X-Large$68.95Chewy Price$84.99List Price
- DealPetSafe Pet Door Installation Kit$16.30Chewy Price$24.99List Price
- DealPetSafe Window & Porch Screen Pet Door, Small$19.95Chewy Price$24.99List Price
- DealMyPet Windsor Walk Thru Swing Gate for Dogs & Cats$55.06Chewy Price$74.99List Price
- DealDog Mate Dog Door, Medium$44.51Chewy Price$77.53List Price
- DealEndura Flap Double Flap Door Mount Dog & Cat Door, Medium, White$529.99Chewy Price
- DealPetSafe Aluminum Extreme Weather Dog & Cat Door, Medium$134.95Chewy Price$149.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Plastic||Plastic, Vinyl / PVC||Plastic||Plastic, Aluminum, Metal||Plastic, Vinyl / PVC|
|Breed Size||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Extra Small Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Large Breeds|
|Features||Insulated, Locking||Insulated, Locking||Locking||—||Insulated, Locking|
Questions & Answers
56 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
228 Customer Reviews
Worse than single flap
I am a carpenter for years, and I have installed countless petsafe doggie doors. This 3 flap system does not seal at all. No matter what adjustments to framing/cuts/flaps etc, it will not seal. Great concept regarding blocking extreme temps if would only seal the edges when closed.not one out of 3 seals properly. Invites Bugs at night with the light beaming on both sides. I'm going to have to replace this one before the winter comes and it's only 2 months old.. waste of time and money
Our first dog door. We have a 4 YO golden retriever. She took to it quickly with a little food motivation. Would recommend
happy pup happy humans
We used this door to put a dog door in the wall of our home. WE liked it because it has the two doors and is more energy efficient. Dog doors often lead to a large loss of heat in the winter. Now, our pooch has access to the outdoors and we hope we will lose less heat and less cool in each season. very happy with this purchase at this point.
I do not like it. Screws are very cheap plastic. It was easy to install but cheap materials. The insulation is to thick for a small dog to go through so I had to remove the door then remove the insulation part and put it back together. Should of went to lowes and bought a sturdy one
Smallest door size for cats the door flaps fail to close.
I have two versions of this pet door. The first had a single flap, it came with an insert section for sliding glass doors. The magnets weren't strong enough to click the flap into place. I tried adding magnet bars to help the door seal closed, but had no luck. I even bought a replacement door flap incase the one I had was defected. Without it clicking shut, it simply gushed cold air. I assumed the extreme weather pet door, with three flaps would at least have one flap that successfully closed...but it's the same situation. Cats come in, that inner flap doesn't click closed and the outer flap also doesn't click closed. It functions slightly better in warmer temperatures, but it's a total fail in the cold. With the extreme temp versions, the doors not finding their seal air still gushes in at a slightly diminished rate compared to the single flap version. I assume this pet door works with larger sizes, and the increased mass of the flap door helps it land. After experimenting for two winters I found the magnet fails to seal the door(s) nearly 100% of the time during the cold season.
Replaced single flap dog door with this new 3 flap door
I needed this dog door to replace a single flap door which allowed cold air inside when the wind was blowing. I have 3 dogs (12 lbs, 19 lbs and 40 lbs) so I needed a dog door all 3 could use. I was concerned the smallest wouldn't be able to open the 3 flap weather energy efficient door, but it was no problem. After a trial run where I stood outside and called the dogs, all three came outside through the new dog door. This door seems more efficient at keeping the cold air out, but I still need to check it periodically because sometimes the magnetic seals at the bottom of the flaps don't always engage after the dogs go through. I purchased the medium size dog door and it works very well.
ok but not great
The doggie door itself is a Godsend. We have 2 st. bernard/doodle/lab mixes and they are constantly in and out. Absolutely love the door! It is PLENTY big enough (the large) for our dogs, so not sure why others on here have said it's not. We did not want to have the hassle of installing it ourselves, so we paid a handyman to do it for us. He said it was very simple, we have a solid wood, paneled door. The issue I have is with the closing panel. It absolutely is a pain to snap on. It will only fit on the inside, not the outside....but according to petsafe, you only need to put it on the inside and it will stop anything from coming in. Absolutely not true! My dogs came barreling through and broke the tabs off of the side while doing so. It no longer locks on and is useless. Pet safe definitely needs a better closing panel for this door. Highly disappointed in the fact that we have to kennel the dogs if we don't want them in and out for hours when it's muddy.
This pet door is the Best
I replaced my pet safe door with this extreme pet safe and what an upgrade!! No more light or wind coming in thru the sides and bottom of the 3 panel flaps. Both my big boxer and little Boston terrier went right thru it ! I bought the large and even my car uses it!! Am so glad pet safe came up with this. I had it installed and my handyman put it in a 6 panel door. Looks great.
I actually ended up moving and giving this away to a friend as I no longer needed it (I love alone now so the cat is 100% indoor) but it seemed like a good high quality pet door.
Small pet door
I am happy with my purchase. It was easy to install and working fine for my cat I purchased it for. The cost and shipping was reasonable.