PetSafe Gentle Leader Padded No Pull Dog Headcollar
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- This effective no-pull headcollar is designed to help improve walks with your canine companion. It is vet recommended and designed by a dog trainer!
- Your pup will still be able to have full-range of motion while wearing this headcollar. He will be able to drink, eat, pant and even catch his favorite toy!
- Rests across your canine companion's nose, interrupting his natural instinct to pull against pressure.
- Constructed from durable nylon with a padded neoprene nose loop for ultimate canine comfort. This headcollar won’t fit furry friends with short snouts, like pugs or bulldogs.
- Features a quick-snap neck strap and an adjustable nose loop for easy fitting in minutes. It is designed with minimal straps to keep your canine cool.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- PetSafe Easy Walk Dog Harness, Purple/Black, Medium$22.95Chewy Price$28.99List Price
- Halti Nylon Dog Headcollar, Size 1: 12 to 15.5-in neck$12.50Chewy Price$24.99List Price
- PetSafe Gentle Leader Chic Padded Dog Headcollar & Leash, Poppies, Small: 7 to 15-in neck$23.97Chewy Price$26.99List Price
- Walk 'n Train Polyester Dog Headcollar, Large: 15 to 20-in neck$22.42Chewy Price$22.49List Price
- Sporn Head Control Dog Halter, Black, Large$19.99Chewy Price$29.99List Price
- Kurgo Walk About Dog Head Halter, Multi-color, Large$26.99Chewy Price
- Halti OptiFit Nylon Dog Headcollar, Large: 19 to 27-in neck$18.79Chewy Price$29.99List Price
- PetSafe Keep Safe Nylon Breakaway Dog Collar, Black, Medium: 14 to 20-in neck, 3/4-in wide$14.95Chewy Price$17.99List Price
- PetSafe Bling Easy Walk Nylon No Pull Dog Harness, Blue Bling, Small: 15 to 21-in chest$27.90Chewy Price$29.99List Price
- 2 Hounds Design Freedom No Pull Nylon Dog Harness & Leash, Teal, Large: 26 to 32-in chest, 1-in wide$38.99Chewy Price$40.96List Price
- OmniPet Chain Dog Leash with Leather Handle, Medium Weight, 6-ft$9.36Chewy Price$9.68List Price
- dealPetSafe Deluxe Easy Walk Nylon Reflective No Pull Dog Harness, Ocean, Medium/Large: 24.5 to 34-in chest$25.95Chewy Price$33.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric|
|Breed Size||Medium Breeds||Large Breeds||Small Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds||Large Breeds|
|Leash & Collar Feature||Waterproof||Training||—||—||Training|
|Closure Type||Quick Release||Buckle||Buckle||—||Quick Release|
Questions & Answers
36 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
1473 Customer Reviews
Wow! I'm very very impressed! We have been trying to walk our dog for years on leash and this is literally the only thing that has worked. I even had a trainer come in, used a shock collar, a front leash, etc. I think we have gone through every possible option. Today was our first day and I don't have blisters on my hand! I feel like I FINALLY have control of my dog! We are still working on it especially wanting to go meet the dogs at the park, but other than that he walked wonderful!
Better than before
We got a Gentle Leader for our big, strong, stubborn dog about the year 2000. We tried various solutions, some of which worked and some didn’t, but the Gentle Leader was the best by far. We now have another dog of similar temperament now, and I couldn’t find our Gentle Leader. This is a slightly improved version with padding for the nose (not really necessary for most dogs) and a great instruction sheet. That sheet may even allow me to convince my husband not to make it too loose. I don’t know that this would work for shorter-nosed dogs, but our German Sheppard can’t get it off, and I can now take her for a walk without her trying to walk me. Be aware that most dogs don’t like it at first, but soon become accustomed to it.
Gentle Leader! They Mean It!
Great tool for keeping your pup from ripping off your arm. I read the reviews before I bought this and realized that when people bought this I thought it was magically going to fix it. Use the dvd, read the literature and then put this on your pup. I think this is fantastic and would highly recommend it
After trying multiple things with my 9 lb ChiPin, including a Martingale collar (with training), harnesses, and a traditional collar, this is the only thing that has kept him from pulling and shown him that he is not in charge. He doesn't love it, but I constantly encourage him, praise him, and give him treats, so that definitely helps. In case it slips off, I also have a slip lead around his neck with the leash (also) attached to that. Haven't had him around other dogs with this new collar yet, but I hope it goes well. He's typically very aggressive on leash, but seems much more submissive with this collar. I feel like a load has been lifted off of my shoulders!
Wr have tried so many "no pull" harnesses we have a coat rack full. We can now get rid of the others. This one works! I was skeptical at first but willing to try anything. We were literally at the end of our leash. Training had come to a halt, because we could not control the dog. Now we walk a d barely have to touch the leash. It did take some getting used to. So of course treats were ordered along with the new lead. Can not say how much this helped training is back on track.
Best Head Collar
Walking with this is such a breeze! I’ve tried other head collars and my pup isn’t as comfortable in them and paws at his snout the whole walk. You have great control with this on walks and my pup even learned how to “help” put it on haha :)
No padding along snout
The part of the collar that loops over the dog’s snout is thin, rough material that is abrasive on the dog’s snout. The description said this part was padded, but it has the absolute thinnest piece of “padding” which does not help. I would not recommend this collar for your pet.
I had to go away for 3 months and when I came home my dog was a smidge rusty on leash.. Keeps my 100lb GSD in check. She knows heel but likes to test. Before it would be a slip lead (no worries I know how to use it) but when she sees another dog she can get a little aggressive. The gentle leader controls the snout and head so no matter what I don't have to reprimand as much as the slip lead. Love it!
Our preferred 'head collar..'
Simply, out of all of the items similar to this, the 'Gentle Leader' is our favorite. More importantly, our dog prefers this. It's not as bulky as the others on the market e.g. Halti, Dogs My Love, etc...this has a 'softer' appearance. Yes, most of them work...this one is less 'off putting' to others that see it and I never get asked if it's a muzzle. These nose straps are only 3/8" wide. Note: to be fair, if your dog is a large dog that pulls, you might want to consider the other brands mentioned...The 'straps' are much thicker...probably stronger too... As for my dog, an 85lb Golden Retriever who doesn't pull at all, this works well. Best wishes...
Miracle for pullers!
I got one of these for both of my dogs who pull on the leash, even with a choke collar. They are amazing! No more pulling! The dogs don't particularly like it -- they sometimes try to rub it off with their paws and I would not use this leash for long distances or long periods of time. However, it's perfect for us, as we just need something for short leash walks that get us to the hike/destination where we can go off leash. Well worth the money. Very glad I tried these!