Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Low Fat Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Great-tasting low-fat dry food for dogs.
- Developed to help nourish a healthy gastrointestinal tract.
- Crafted in collaboration with nutritionists, researchers and veterinarians.
- Specially formulated to be low in fat for dogs who have trouble digesting fatty foods.
- Features high-quality ingredients including prebiotic fiber and healthy antioxidants.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Naturals Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$40.99Chewy Price$38.94Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$37.99Chewy Price$36.09Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Low Fat Wet Dog Food, 13.4-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$93.98Chewy Price$89.28Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Wet Dog Food, 13.4-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$93.98Chewy Price$89.28Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Naturals Wet Dog Food, 13.4-oz, case of 12$48.99Chewy Price$46.54Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet GI Gastrointestinal Support Dry Dog Food, 22-lb bag$81.98Chewy Price$77.88Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Hydrolyzed Protein Small Breed Dry Dog Food, 8.8-lb bag$58.99Chewy Price$56.04Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal Low Fat Dry Dog Food, 28.6-lb bag$119.99Chewy Price$113.99Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Chicken Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13.3-oz, case of 12$53.99Chewy Price$51.29Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Salmon Flavor Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$48.99Chewy Price$46.54Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal Low Fat Loaf Canned Dog Food, 13.5-oz, case of 24$110.16Chewy Price$104.65Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Vegetarian Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$110.99Chewy Price$105.44Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Brewers Rice, Barley, Corn Gluten Meal...||Brewers Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Whole Grain Corn...||Whole Grain Corn, Dried Beet Pulp**, Poultry By-Product Meal...||Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein Isolate, Partially Hydrogenated Canola Oil Preserved With Tbhq...||Whole Grain Corn, Brewers Rice, Chicken By-Product Meal...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...|
|Special Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, Low Fat, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Hydrolyzed Protein||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health, Weight Management||Digestive Health||Digestive Health, Diabetic Support||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health||Urinary Tract Health|
Questions & Answers
14 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
134 Customer Reviews
Purina low fat dry food
My vet gave us a prescription for the low fat food because Lola had abnormal pancreatic levels and problems with her previous food. Chewey carries this food and works closely with vets to obtain the prescription and get the food to my front door in less than 2 days of order. Lola has been a very happy Boston terrier since she has been on this food. She thanks you Chewey!!
helped cholesterol, kibble is hard as a rock and inedible
My dog was having a tough to treat thyroid issue and high cholesterol. This RX food combined with medical care and medication quickly got her cholesterol under control. However, the kibble itself is hard as a rock. If you accidentally step on one it feels like a pebble and doesn't crush. My golden mix has a soft mouth and cannot chew the kibble. I only figured it out after 4 days of her not eating the new food! Feeding her now involves a messy and annoying procedure: getting kibble, hot water, and mashing it with a potato masher for 5 minutes so it softens enough for her to actually eat. She still hates it, and gets about two cups a day down (half of recommended amount for her size). I've had to refill once and the second bag was as rock hard as the first. I'm so glad to be able to stop using this food. If another RX food becomes necessary I will be requiring a different brand.
Apparently more common than I knew. Our our dog Iroh is very happy eating this new kibble. We have greatly reduced treats. His problem was our problem. His stools are perfect, no gas or bloating as before. Has lost some weight, we can’t wait to see several months from now. Happier and active.
Great Food for Labs
My dog had severe stomach anxiety as a pup from being mishandled in his early puppy days, so we had to work hard to a solution to the stool probs and vomiting that went on for almost 6mos.. I feed a cup of this as a "starter" and one hour later give my dog a boiled chicken, rice, sweet potato, green bean combo that i make a bunch of weekly and refrigerate, twice a day. He's been eating this way for 5 years, and he a healthy lab. He also eats in muffin tins to slow him down. Hope this helps someone out there.. labs are the best. This food has been a lucky point for us.
Finally! Healthy Crunchy Kibble
My little dog has been rejecting his kibble for many years, and I never realized that it was because it was painful for him to chew the usual very hard texture of kibble. This Purina Pro Pln Vet EN is easy to chomp, and he loves it. This kibble keeps his tummy good and him happy.
Best food for a sensitive stomach
Took some time but finally found the best food for my dog who had pancreatitis. It was challenging to find an ultra low fat dry food that wouldn’t go in and out quickly, he now has more energy and feels good. It’s the best feeling when you’re fur baby feels good after having a rough time getting over his illness. If your dog needs a gastroenteric diet, this food has been great for my fur baby. Thank you chewy for being so helpful trying to find the right food
Food did not help in our case
Our 8 month old Lab is having issues with digesting her food (diarrhea) and our vet suggested trying this food. After 3 weeks, the problem has not improved, so we are transitioning to another vet recommended product. I don’t think there was anything “wrong” with the food, just part of the process of elimination to find a food that agrees with her tummy.
pancreatitis and colitis in dogs
My dog has a sensitive stomach, after being hospitalized for the 2nd time, they diagnosed him with pancreatitis and colitis. Although, this is much more expensive from his other dog food the Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Low Fat Dry Dog Food and wet food has been amazing. My dog absolutely loves it. I have to give him more than the previous food, as he was dropping tons of weight, but he is doing really well on it.
Expensive but worth it
My one frenchie has had annual flare ups with gastroenteritis and pancreatitis which are never fun to deal with. My vet recommended making the switch. Luckily he is not a picky eater and gobbles this right up. He is no longer gassy (which is amazing with frenchies!) and overall looks much happier and feels better. Hoping this will prevent any future flare ups
A real lifesaver
My pittie was suffering from multiple cases of pancreatitis and gastroenteritis. When the vet told me I needed to switch to a prescription food I panicked. I have a big girl who eats a lot of food. Most of the lowfat food I looked at was double the daily servings, half sized bags, and double the price I was paying for my normal food. This was the only affordable option for me and she hasn't had any issues with it. She eats it with no problems.